EUC (Inmotion V8) Protection Questions after reading almost the entire forum

On 6/18/2019 at 9:37 AM, LucasD said:

Demon Flexmasters save arm from complications and are widely recommended here.

I tested them without problem ;)

A4t6DSL.jpg

Mine with a mirror attached with an adhesive. 

• Like 2

That mirror is far up :D 

Mine is on the part above my hand and angled at 90 degrees so I can quickly look behind.

TBH there are different solutions (like Marty's helmet mirror) but once you are used to a mirror you don't want to ride without one anymore, if you mix with traffic. Where I live the roads can have holes in them, usually on the side (where you are supposed to ride when there are cars), so on those stretches of road I ride in the middle while checking my mirrors. If I see a car coming up I slow down and move over to the side. Same for moving over to do a left hand turn. I can safely cross without having to turn my head while going 35 km/h. I see everything in that mirror.

BTW @Pieter Louwers, I have a friend that started wheeling a couple of months ago just like you. Inmotion V8 to get from the station in Brussels to his office. For this kind of transportation it's the perfect wheel IMO. Not too heavy, all the cutoff stuff you need, good trolley and you don't need to be able to go 30+km/h in the center of Brussels when it's extremely busy. For wheeling in your free time it's underpowered IMO. The perfect excuse to get an extra one :) 

Concerning protection: I take stuff depending on what I am up to. I will not put on all my gear just to ride at 16km/h with my daughter. I will always wear a helmet and wrist guards. When I am riding by myself I do put on:

- motorcycle jacket with hard protections on elbows, shoulders and back

- full face mountainbike helmet (no fan of the closed visor motorcycle style helmet here. Too hot and too heavy for my liking. And don't get me started on those "I look like a badass" Ruroc/Iron Man/Predator or other helmet designs. Some people love them but I think they are a bit cringy tbh :ph34r:)

- flexmeter wrist guards

- G-Form kneepads (you can wear those under your pants and after 5 minutes you forget you are wearing them)

That's for riding at 35-40 km/h constant speed.

When goofing around with the Mten3 I just use a bmx helmet and smaller wrist guards (I don't ride it fast. It's more to learn tricks).

On 7/4/2019 at 5:21 PM, ir_fuel said:

That mirror is far up :D 

Mine is on the part above my hand and angled at 90 degrees so I can quickly look behind.

TBH there are different solutions (like Marty's helmet mirror) but once you are used to a mirror you don't want to ride without one anymore, if you mix with traffic. Where I live the roads can have holes in them, usually on the side (where you are supposed to ride when there are cars), so on those stretches of road I ride in the middle while checking my mirrors. If I see a car coming up I slow down and move over to the side. Same for moving over to do a left hand turn. I can safely cross without having to turn my head while going 35 km/h. I see everything in that mirror.

BTW @Pieter Louwers, I have a friend that started wheeling a couple of months ago just like you. Inmotion V8 to get from the station in Brussels to his office. For this kind of transportation it's the perfect wheel IMO. Not too heavy, all the cutoff stuff you need, good trolley and you don't need to be able to go 30+km/h in the center of Brussels when it's extremely busy. For wheeling in your free time it's underpowered IMO. The perfect excuse to get an extra one :) 

Concerning protection: I take stuff depending on what I am up to. I will not put on all my gear just to ride at 16km/h with my daughter. I will always wear a helmet and wrist guards. When I am riding by myself I do put on:

- motorcycle jacket with hard protections on elbows, shoulders and back

- full face mountainbike helmet (no fan of the closed visor motorcycle style helmet here. Too hot and too heavy for my liking. And don't get me started on those "I look like a badass" Ruroc/Iron Man/Predator or other helmet designs. Some people love them but I think they are a bit cringy tbh :ph34r:)

- flexmeter wrist guards

- G-Form kneepads (you can wear those under your pants and after 5 minutes you forget you are wearing them)

That's for riding at 35-40 km/h constant speed.

When goofing around with the Mten3 I just use a bmx helmet and smaller wrist guards (I don't ride it fast. It's more to learn tricks).

Thanks a lot. I gues ill upgrade my knee protection soon. I drive slow in Brussels between people but on the roads I go approx 25. So I prefer to be safe then sorry and I'm just annoyed with having to take my shoes off to undo my knee pads 2x a day

15 hours ago, Bubba said:

I just bought a Solowheel Glide3 from e-Wheels and it came with a pair of wrist guards.  I guess a lot of reported injuries enticed them to just include them.

What type of wrist guards to they provide ? That makes me curious ;) I bought mine 2 months ago and didn't get anything :) 

On 7/11/2019 at 9:51 AM, Pieter Louwers said:

What type of wrist guards to they provide ? That makes me curious ;) I bought mine 2 months ago and didn't get anything :) 

20190712_065458.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:59 AM, tessa25 said:

They're more like palm guards.

Yeah, I appreciated the perk but tossed mine into my V10 box to give as a perk to someone who buys my wheel one day or for friends to ride along. 

• Like 1