Anyone has/ridden BOTH Mten3 and Tesla?

Hey guys,

I already have an Mten3 and looking forward to purchase another EUC (I love my Mten3 but have a feeling that I might be missing something - not trying a 16" EUC)

I have already seen Tesla (v2) live and put my foot on it (they didn't allow me to ride though) - it seemed a bit bulky (of course, after Mten3) and not too convenient for the calves (because of the shape of the shell)

But, when it comes to riding, how does riding Tesla compare to riding Mten3? Are those totally different experiences? What could I expect if I buy a Tesla?

My gf is also showing interest in EUCs so another option for me is to buy a second Mten3 (so we could ride together similar EUCs) - or I buy and ride a Tesla and she gets my Mten3.

By the way, I always limit the speed to 21 km/h for safety purposes (and ride without safety gear). Also, all my rides are no longer than 20 km (a couple of hours).

Thanks!

Edited by BoisDeFruit

they are extremely different lol.. it will feel very weird on the tesla and will take some time to get used to, they are nothing alike.. the tesla is a fantastic, smooth, fast and reliable wheel however the ergonomics are poor, it does hit your shin very high and is very boxy... you will get used to it but expect it to be uncomfortable in the beginning. idk how 20 km could possibly take a couple hours thats walking speed :P but nonetheless it would be nice to be able to go 4x that distance and not have to charge every time you ride.. if you plan on keeping your speed so low and your mileage low why spend so much on a tesla? there are a dozen other wheels that would be perfectly suited for less like a 650 wh mcm5 for example or even an inmotion v8, kingsong 14d etc etc

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

they are extremely different lol.. it will feel very weird on the tesla and will take some time to get used to, they are nothing alike.. the tesla is a fantastic, smooth, fast and reliable wheel however the ergonomics are poor, it does hit your shin very high and is very boxy... you will get used to it but expect it to be uncomfortable in the beginning. idk how 20 km could possibly take a couple hours thats walking speed :P but nonetheless it would be nice to be able to go 4x that distance and not have to charge every time you ride.. if you plan on keeping your speed so low and your mileage low why spend so much on a tesla? there are a dozen other wheels that would be perfectly suited for less like a 650 wh mcm5 for example or even an inmotion v8, kingsong 14d etc etc

2 hours - that's with frequent stops for gazing around :) not the constant riding. I just use EUC for leisure. It's not possible to use it for commuting here (no bike lanes, the road traffic is crazy and the sidewalks are full of pedestrians during the just-before-work and just-after-work hours)

I have just noticed that my local dealer now has a 650 Wh Nikola. That might be the answer (because I wanted to keep the 3" tire!)

1 minute ago, BoisDeFruit said:

2 hours - that's with frequent stops for gazing around :) not the constant riding. I just use EUC for leisure. It's not possible to use it for commuting here (no bike lanes, the road traffic is crazy and the sidewalks are full of pedestrians during the just-before-work and just-after-work hours)

I have just noticed that my local dealer now has a 650 Wh Nikola. That might be the answer (because I wanted to keep the 3" tire!)

nice, it would be quite the size difference haha nikola is the size of an 18" wheel but more ergonomic than the tesla

Just now, Rywokast said:

nice, it would be quite the size difference haha nikola is the size of an 18" wheel but more ergonomic than the tesla

And the price! This version of Nikola costs less than Tesla. I was a bit hesitant to pay for the 100 km range since I'd never use more than 20% of that range.

650wh Nikola should be approximately the same range as my 512 Wh Mten3 as I imagine.