King Song 14(c) 800 watt quick review and learning experience

Casey

I have had my KS14(c) 800 for four and a half days and here is what I think.  

The best part of this wheel is the battery.  I rode 4.4 miles yesterday, over two ridges and the battery dropped down to 8 bars for a while, but went back up to 10 bars.  We just got back from a 5 - 6 mile run, including going over one ridge twice, and the wheel just fell to 8 bars about the time I got home.  My legs will wear out long before I ever run out of juice.  Power is also really nice.  Lean forward and this thing takes off like a bat out of hell.  Same goes for the ability to slow down safely and rapidly.

My gripes are that the delays in shipping cost me some good riding weather and the manual cold do  better job of explaining how to turn on lights all the time.  Also, they could quit shipping the strap and include an adapter so that a regular tire pump connects to the tire.  After 4 days I am already beeping.  Hopefully I will get the speed increasing code on the eighth.  I am not a speed deamon, but I really enjoy accelerating and I am ready for the top speed to go up.

Learning.  Getting on the wheel consistently and without flailing like a new bird just pushed out of the nest is taking time.  The rest of it is great.  

Thanks Kale and Will.

The batter is 680wh and I weigh 185lbs. clothed.  Unfortunately, I don't know the real range because I haven't done a range test.  So far, I have only had it down to 8/10 bars on the battery meter.  They say the range is 20-30 miles, but I doubt I will get that range because of my weight, my aggressive riding style and the hills I have to climb in this area.  Also, keep in mind that battery power tends to fall dramatically the lower the charge.  

There is a video on this site for how to adjust the light sensitivity of the sensor, but It is not that great.  The street lights cause my sensor to think it is daylight and shut off the lights when I pass under the light.  I have already taped my machine up to protect it and I have put tape on it to keep the USB cover in place, so I am just going to tape over the sensor at night. 

Hi Casey, I've just received my KS14C but I can't understand how they work the touch buttons (the one with the lamp and the BT one). Can you help me?

Have you unlocked the advanced settings in the app?

Thanks!

I watched the really unhelpful video, then just the buttons randomly until I found something that worked.  Not very scientific I know.  The BT button works best with the wheel turned on. Then, go into the app, find the wheel, then set the riding mode to ride mode.  Please stay away from play mode for traveling distance because I found that it really eats the battery.  Finally, I did unlock the settings using my friend's smart phone.  It really helped cut out the beeping by bumping the warning kph up above where I like to ride.  It still beeps on occasion, but it is rare.  Hope that was helpful.

Archived