Which is the best EUC manufacturer?

ian5708

On 6/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, mhpr262 said:

If they made on they would limit the top speed to 10mph.

Volvo, theyre pretty quick theese days. Swedish police main vehicle 👊

Though if they made an EUC it would have airbags and auto brake (not by tiltback but by rocket thrusters to make it safe) if you go to close to:

- a pedstrian

- bicyclist

- car

- tree

- rail

- girl

- boy

- hen

- trash can

Ok..i admit...youre probably right...it would probaly not even reach 10km/h as pedestrians walk in 2-3km/h looking down in their phones and obstacles are everywhere 🤪

If it had a gotway beep it would sound like a fun fair constantly

Edited by Boogieman

2 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Volvo, theyre pretty quick theese days. Swedish police main vehicle 👊

Though if they made an EUC it would have airbags and auto brake (not by tiltback but by rocket thrusters to make it safe) if you go to close to:

- a pedstrian

- bicyclist

- car

- tree

- rail

- girl

- boy

- hen

- trash can

Ok..i admit...youre probably right...it would probaly not even reach 10km/h as pedestrians walk in 2-3km/h looking down in their phones and obstacles are everywhere 🤪

If it had a gotway beep it would sound like a fun fair constantly

and... Cost $6500, with all bling bling, and include a mandatory equipment for the rider, a la Michelin mascot style, to be safe. With country wide 24/7 assistance if something happen to the wheel. (not you) >:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 2:22 PM, MikieSWE said:

and... Cost $6500, with all bling bling, and include a mandatory equipment for the rider, a la Michelin mascot style, to be safe. With country wide 24/7 assistance if something happen to the wheel. (not you) >:)

I think that at 2000-3000 the wheel is quite overpriced already. For example there is a whole electric motorcycle on Alibaba that costs $600 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZksJoaIMz0 The wheel has fewer parts for sure. So i wonder how much it actually costs to produce?  And maybe 2000-3000 should the right price for Volvo-produced wheel with all bells and whistles?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Alj said:

I think that at 2000-3000 the wheel is quite overpriced already. For example there is a whole electric motorcycle on Alibaba that costs $600 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZksJoaIMz0 The wheel has fewer parts for sure. So i wonder how much it actually costs to produce?  And maybe 2000-3000 should the right price for Volvo-produced wheel with all bells and whistles?

I tend to agree with you on this, tho I really have no idea what costs are involved. I do know that I can buy a brand new name brand motorcycle for $6k pretty easily. If i was buying cheap limited liability motorcycles from china, it would be much less. I am not sure why we are paying so much for so little, in compare. I just assume that its the cost of batteries? I do know that $1000 buys you a LOT of hard parts and even entire gasoline engines. Maybe it has something to do with manufacturing costs for small quantity items? I'd really be curious to see what actual material costs are involved in the current euc's. There must be some reason that we are only getting offerings from smaller chinese companies.  Are there ANY euc's being built in other regions? As it stands, I'm not sure there is a 'best' manufacturer. It seems that ALL of them have good wheels and shitty wheels. Its almost like they havent found their niche' identity yet.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

On 6/13/2019 at 4:11 AM, ian5708 said:

Which is the best ECU manufacturer in terms of the following:

Reliability including the app. 

Durability and longevity ie, waterproofness, strength of case and pedals

Resilience of battery

Component safety (ie a battery that isn't likely to internally combust, ECU that isn't going to shut down mid ride!! ) 

Customer service, support and warranty honouring, dealer back up and support

Length of warranty period

Ease of consumer replacing parts, tyres, battery, electronic components. 

I know like many things such as motorbikes, bikes etc, people like what they ride and there is likely going to be some bias here

However, if you were to buy your first ECU now, what would you buy and why? 

I currently ride an inmotion V10. 

I'm not trying to be contrary or anything. And I think I took this approach when I started with EUC's. But for me at least these considerations are marginal compared to the performance of the wheels. If you want the performance of a Gotway MSX or MSP (Gotway MSX-Pro), then you have to get a Gotway (or maybe a Sherman, but we're just now getting reviews). And I don't think there is another 18" wheel that can match these in terms of speed or torque respectively. If you want a Monster, you have to buy a Gotway because nobody else makes a 22" wheel. I agree with the comments about Gotway build quality. But if your Gotway works out of the box, chances are it will work and perform great for years. If it doesn't work out of the box, then you call Jason at eWheels and he sends you a new fan or control board or whatever you need. 

Now for 16" wheels, I'm not sure. Maybe the Kingsong 16X is the more popular. And the 18S with the shocks looks like a great concept and implementation. But here again, it's the features and performance that are more compelling.

Maybe the Veteran Sherman will be the best of both worlds, reliability AND performance, but I'd choose it for the performance.  ;)

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I just assume that its the cost of batteries?

Cost of battery is $2 for ~ 3000mAh (18650), 1554Wh battery for your euc (given average voltage of 3.5V) is about 518.0Ah,  which is about $350. Of course if you'd purchase replacement battery pack you'd pay several hundred for it... which gives idea about markup. EDIT: lost a zero

Edited by Alj
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alj said:

Cost of battery is $2 for ~ 3000mAh (18650), 1554Wh battery for your euc (given average voltage of 3.5V) is about 518.0Ah,  which is about $35. Of course if you'd purchase replacement battery pack you'd pay several hundred for it... which gives idea about markup.

Considering that the 'upgrade' to a 1500wh battery for my 18L is $800... yeah, I'd say theres a little markup. Even with the bms system, it seems a bit much. It must be all that insurance and customer service that the Chinese market is so well known for..  

3 hours ago, Alj said:

Cost of battery is $2 for ~ 3000mAh (18650), 1554Wh battery for your euc (given average voltage of 3.5V) is about 518.0Ah,  which is about $35. Of course if you'd purchase replacement battery pack you'd pay several hundred for it... which gives idea about markup.

I was actually wrong about average voltage, it is 3.7 not 3.5.  so it is 420.0Ah,  which is about $280.

EDIT: lost a 0.

Edited by Alj

1 hour ago, Alj said:

Wait a minute. That’s a 20s6p battery, 120 cells. That would be $240 plus bms plus assembly into a package.

And in general, price of something is usually a subject of supply and demand, not cost of parts plus markup unless it’s a commodity item. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Wait a minute. That’s a 20s6p battery, 120 cells. That would be $240 plus bms plus assembly into a package.

And in general, price of something is usually a subject of supply and demand, not cost of parts plus markup unless it’s a commodity item. 

Yep lost a zero there.  For electric circuits final price is usually 5x of BOM. But battery pack has very few things besides just cells. The point is it does not have to cost 6000 to be good quality wheel, there is plenty of margin to make a good wheel for the same money as we pay.

Edited by Alj

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 9:57 AM, Steven Algoet said:

I would not longer choose or advise kingsong...
Their app is horrible. As most of the euc apps :-) But they now block wheels based on the country they are used in too...

Have you ever tried using the Gotway app? I can't image it being any worse than that piece of crap. Half of the app isn't even translated to English properly and sometimes the settings don't stick.

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2020 at 1:40 PM, budio said:

Have you ever tried using the Gotway app? I can't image it being any worse than that piece of crap. Half of the app isn't even translated to English properly and sometimes the settings don't stick.

Ok, correct :-)
Now I only use the euc.world app. Great app for whatever euc you have!