Griffith Park ride 6/23

Dzlchef

On 6/13/2019 at 4:58 PM, Marty Backe said:

don't know what you're talking about Stan. At Griffith Park I usually just wear a helmet.

So obtuse and prevaricating. I just wear a helmet

Ahahahahahaha how gross you would be if that were true. Yuck is the word for that

37 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

So obtuse and prevaricating. I just wear a helmet

Ahahahahahaha how gross you would be if that were true. Yuck is the word for that

No need to get personal Bill.

Griffith Park only has a few major rules. One of them is "Bicycles are not permitted on trails".

I think it is safe to assume that "bicycles" in this case can and will be applied to all personal mobility devices, including EUCs. There are two types of trails that the bike ban in Griffith applies to: "Trail - Fire Roads" and "Trail - Foot Paths". That still leaves "Roads" and "Non-auto Roads" open for use, which could still make for great views and a good ride.

Here is a map of the Park:

https://www.laparks.org/sites/default/files/griffith/pdf/GriffithParkMap.pdf

One example of a safe option from the Greek Theatre:

Go up Vermont to Mt Hollywood Drive, turn on to Vista Del Valle and loop back to the theatre on Commonwealth. About 7 miles total.

Edited by Ben Richards

45 minutes ago, Ben Richards said:

Griffith Park only has a few major rules. One of them is "Bicycles are not permitted on trails".

I think it is safe to assume that "bicycles" in this case can and will be applied to all personal mobility devices, including EUCs. There are two types of trails that the bike ban in Griffith applies to: "Trail - Fire Roads" and "Trail - Foot Paths". That still leaves "Roads" and "Non-auto Roads" open for use, which could still make for great views and a good ride.

Here is a map of the Park:

https://www.laparks.org/sites/default/files/griffith/pdf/GriffithParkMap.pdf

One example of a safe option from the Greek Theatre:

Go up Vermont to Mt Hollywood Drive, turn on to Vista Del Valle and loop back to the theatre on Commonwealth. About 7 miles total.

I've been riding all the trails and roads in Griffith Park for years. Realistically there are only a couple of trails that you need to be cautious about riding (the ones frequented by horses).

I now only ride Griffith Park in the later part of the afternoon because you are much less likely to encounter any problems. Early rides are more problematic because of the increased density of people, horses, rangers, etc. Plus it can get damn hot as you approach noon.

This is why I may not attend the Sunday morning ride :(

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been riding all the trails and roads in Griffith Park for years. Realistically there are only a couple of trails that you need to be cautious about riding (the ones frequented by horses).

I now only ride Griffith Park in the later part of the afternoon because you are much less likely to encounter any problems. Early rides are more problematic because of the increased density of people, horses, rangers, etc. Plus it can get damn hot as you approach noon.

This is why I may not attend the Sunday morning ride :(

Currently its only going to be 77 on Sunday.

• Like 1

Just now, Kens said:

@Dzlchef are you gonna bring your Nikola to the group ride after the hot glue revelation?

I'm going to keep riding it like I have been all along.   I'd like to have several other Nikolas opened up and quality checked but I already live on the edge, just plan on avoiding riding next to traffic as much as possible.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, The Man said:

I'll tag along - at least for the beginning. I'll have my Glide3 (V8), so I don't plan on keeping up. 

Should be a beautiful weekend after this rain.

Not sure where the V8 tops out in speed/distance but we won’t be riding very fast so you should be good. 

I’m still planning 50% or so trail riding unless we have Ranger issues then we just ride the pavement, which isn’t horrible just not as fun.  

• Upvote 1

I’m going to ride through Griffith on my way to work this morning.  Thinking that Saturday and Sunday should look similar for Ranger activity.  

• Upvote 1

Okay, rode through the park and it's like always.   One Ranger passed me on the paved Hollywood road and I didn't see any signs of ATVs, or another Ranger the rest of the ride.   It was absolutely beautiful this morning, can't wait to ride it again tomorrow!   I've added the link for the ride this morning.   Tried to take as many pictures as possible.  

https://euc.world/tour/576088768091035

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Okay, rode through the park and it's like always.   One Ranger passed me on the paved Hollywood road and I didn't see any signs of ATVs, or another Ranger the rest of the ride.   It was absolutely beautiful this morning, can't wait to ride it again tomorrow!   I've added the link for the ride this morning.   Tried to take as many pictures as possible.  

https://euc.world/tour/576088768091035

I think @Stan Onymous is just trying to scare people away with all his talk of ATVs, etc. I expect it to be like every other ride we've been on.

I'm probably bringing my Tesla to pair with your Nikola :)

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Kyle K said:

Y’all mind if I tag along? 

The more the merrier!   Looks like we'll have multiple 16S in attendance.