generic upgrade?

1kw

Hello!

have a cheap $250 generic with speakers and headlights. My first mod will be to hack the shell up and remove the fender area. This will make it easier to offroad with(no grass will hangup on the fenders), and then I will figure out how to raise the pedals.

My next question is a motherboard upgrade. I wish it would go faster than 8mph than beeping and tilting pedals till i jump off. I know some people on here have done this mod.

first pic is mine.

12033329_10205006412989356_833623920_n.jpg

12032955_942700802471068_2161449228949153653_n.jpg

12039340_10205013695805707_7128284400037170203_n.jpg

Regarding the speed, I modified my generic with the pcb (30BS) and motor (500W) from microworks, but currently they are selling the pcb only in quantities of 100, but maybe you can ask for different quantity. Next days I will do a write-up of all the steps that were necessary. The controller (30 BS) alone seem not to work for quite some people with generics, I guess that should be due to different number of coils/magnets in motor. The biggest difficulty for me was the first unscrewing of the axle nut as it was really, really strong screwed on. And to correct the width created by the motor and it's washers, the old motor had washers of about 2mm, the new one was just more wide, when i first assembled everything the shell halves were about a few mm apart, impossible to screw together, so on one side I could remove the washer completely leaving about 1-2/10mm, and on the other side I made the washer considerably thinner so that there was also just about 2-3/10mm left, which made it possible to screw the shell together.

i see.. that would be great, also a link of the parts.

the shell is cut now, and what a difference. doesnt get hung up on low grass ect. like it alot. I also have a 340wh battery from a old rockwheel i might swap in, if i can upgrade the board and motor. have a nice quick unicycle for cheap.

I think regarding shunting you can look here http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/459-electric-unicycles-bms-problem-and-solution/

Mine tilts back starting with 12kph and kicks in so can't get faster around 15-16kph, I once managed to overspeed it and it shuts off, maybe this happens at the advertised 18kph? So be careful if go faster with the current setting, to me it happened on a place I go regularly and for the first time and I was not prepared so fell so not so nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I think regarding shunting you can look here http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/459-electric-unicycles-bms-problem-and-solution/

Mine tilts back starting with 12kph and kicks in so can't get faster around 15-16kph, I once managed to overspeed it and it shuts off, maybe this happens at the advertised 18kph? So be careful if go faster with the current setting, to me it happened on a place I go regularly and for the first time and I was not prepared so fell so not so nice.

@jayjay23.. I am looking for potential business partners who may be interested to built unicycles with custom made modes here in Germany. If you or anyone you may know could be interested, lets get together outside here and discuss the possibilities. My email benryan2018(at)hotmail.com thanks for your time. 

Archived