Gotway Mten3 - My First Wheel!

BoisDeFruit

Congratulations and nice review! You now own a wheel that you will cherish for life not matter what else you purchase.  

Fantastic. You're the second person I know that chose to learn on the Mten3

Great report on your experiences 👍

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic. You're the second person I know that chose to learn on the Mten3

Great report on your experiences 👍

He would be third, I already achieved basic level on Mten3 ;) 

Edited by LucasD
  • Like 2

Thank you so much!

I would never purchase a EUC without reading this forum and especially without seeing @Marty Backe videos.

Yesterday I had a 20-km trip on Mten3 and that was such a relief, feels just like back into the childhood.

An EUC really makes you want to go out more and explore the surrounding areas. For example, there's a large park approximately 2 km away from my house. It's too close to drive a car there, but too far to walk. So I rarely visited it, but Mten3 it makes the trip a breeze.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, I've seen more of the outside in the last few years than I have in the last 30-years :D

It is amazing how much this hobby has changed our lives.

• Like 2

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

:D

Marty has 2 ACM2s (his favorite wheel before the Nikola) so you're in good company.

Though you really need a third, different wheel now that you got the essentials out of your way;)

I think I'm going to wait until the release of KS16X and see how that gets accepted in the community. Hopefully Gotway sorts out the issues with Nikolas by that time and it will be possible to get an all-black Nikola with an MSX board inside, so it will be a great choice.

It's quite evident that 16x3 tire (or 14x3, anyone?) is the way to go in terms of EUC development. Now they only need to improve the designs and the manufacturing processes.

Good plan! Wait for 16X and then go for 16X or Nikola (or maybe a different wheel).

2 minutes ago, BoisDeFruit said:

16x3 tire (or 14x3, anyone?)

Motorbike tires go by rim size, bicycle tires by outer diameter. So this is either a 12'' (rim) or a 17.75'' (Marty diameter measurement) tire. Sold as 16''. Whatever, if that was the only complaint about the manufacturers...;)

How it works in detail is described here:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BoisDeFruit said:

I've just bought a second Mten3, lol.

Out of all things I've ever ridden in my life, this is by far the most fun. So I concluded I really want to have a second one as a spare (and it happened that I took one of the last devices available at my dealer). Another advantage is being able to teach friends, and ride with them, on similar devices, without anyone feeling offended.

I did consider buying a Nikola or a Tesla or a 18L as a second EUC, and spent a long time evaluating that decision, but there are just too many things that put me off from going that direction. Those are mostly the poor design choices (9 different Gotway logos on Nikola? seriously?), weight, size and of course this latest mosfet story with Nikolas.

I understand that Nikola might be able to provide a better riding experience, but Mten3 is already wonderful enough for me - to the extent that I can't get enough of riding it.

Yesterday I tried inflating the tire to 30 PSI and setting the pedals to "Soft" mode. It's just an incredible ride. Intresting that I wasn't able to ride at "Soft" while learning, but now it makes quite a difference in terms of comfort and leisure. Even the so-feared tiled pavements are almost no struggle.

Now a paint job is on the way!

PHOTO-2019-06-18-15-53-04.jpg

Wise man :D

:cheers:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just got an Mten3 as my first wheel too. I have just started going outside and can ride it in a straight line. I can do fast left turns but turning right is still a little slow. I'm a right footed 'regular' rider on snowboards and I'm kind of using my left foot to apply the pressure. It is incredibly fun to ride and I look forward to it every time I go out.

• Like 1