New to EU world, looking for advice

BDawgTrap

I'm looking at making my first electric unicycle purchase in the near future. I have never ridden one but am comfortable on segways, two wheel electric scooters, and all sorts of boards bikes and balance tools so I am not super concerned about learning to ride one (although I'm sure there is still a lengthy learning curve). I've looked at the airwheel, solowheel, ninebot and a few other brands but have no idea what is good. I am hoping you guys can help. I will be using the EU mostly for work. I am a door to door saleman so I would be going through neighborhoods from one door to the next for about 8 hours daily. Of course not all 8 hours are moving, a lot of time is spent talking to potential customers and such. I need to be able to Jump/roll up and down curbs since I cross the road often. Also going across grass and small rocks is a necessity. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, under $1000 usd for sure but preferably around $500 usd. What should I be looking at?

Sounds like long range (and probably comfort) will likely be your biggest requirements. So this would mean a unit with a larger battery or a unit where you can purchase additional batteries to swap out relatively easily.

Units with larger batteries would be the KS 14 C (or B*)  800 or the KS 18".. or Gotway Msupers -- you would want the units with 680wh or higher batteries. The KS 18" you can actually sit on if you want. As far as swapping batteries on these, I believe the KS 14C is relatively easy to swap the battery out (remove the foot pad) but I don't have experience with doing it myself. You can buy additional batteries from the vendor I believe. *The KS 14B has user swappable batteries but much lower capacity... You'd have to buy 5 batteries or so to equal the range of the C unit.

The Ninebot units have smaller batteries (320wh) but the batteries are easy to swap out (2 screws and some plastic tabs) so those might be feasible options as well.

Keep in mind, these will take you over your maximum ceiling of 1000 usd though. Especially if you want to purchase spare batteries.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest a silent wheel.  I don't know maybe most of them are quiet enough.  Also suggest 16-inch tire size.  This will give you comfort and it seems like you'll be a good rider so you should have no worries.  I would still get a lighter version if possible just so it's not a problem picking it up again and again, going up porches to front doors and such.  When talking you can just lay it on the ground - all this activity will show your athleticism and the fact that you casually lay it on the ground shows you are trusting and also a trustworthy fellow.

A 14 inch will work too.  Maybe in more business-like black and/or white so it's a little dressy - you know, instead of neon colors and such.  Treat it like a briefcase - pretend it doesn't weigh as much as it does.    ;)

Oh and also in your price range I'd get a generic with extra battery maybe 260wH size battery - in basic black, round but not bulbous shape.  For your use a generic will be fine and also you won't mind so much if you lose it.

For 8 miles you don't need anything fancy battery wise. King song 14c 500w 340wh will probably do you fine and is a safe, powerful wheel. The 14b 174wh might even meet your needs but I'm less sure.

I do not ever recommend generics due to lack of power and bms cutoff issues making them less safe (not to mention less fun!).

There may also be IPS brand unicycles meeting your needs for a similar price. More "firm" ride than ks,  but less stylish and maybe slower speed.

For portability reasons I suggest 14". As for jumping, that is pretty hard on any EUC due to the sheer weight involved, but if it's possible it will be on a unit with a box top design that you can grip with your legs. For reference consider it the same as pinching a 30lb dumbbell between your ankles and trying to jump.

• 2 months later...

Ips is pretty reliable among the brands. Depends on your weight, you may need no less than 340wh battery

if the sidewalks where you are have ramps to get on and off you will be ok. You probably are better off with a 16" wheel.

id think u might want to look into getting a ninebot, not the latest model though. Get ninebot e plus - you can probably find one at around $600    Ninebot c may be a possibility if you are not heavy and you can find it cheaper

Archived