MetricUSA

On 12 февраля 2016 г. at 0:56 AM, jd said:

Weight: 100 kg (me) + 15 kg (wheel)
Model: IPS T350+ (121+)
Motor: 1000 W
Battery: 350 Wh
Official range: 35 km
Actual range: at least 25 km

I recently unlocked the 30 km/h mode on this wheel and riding faster seems to drain the battery somewhat faster but not crazy fast. Headwinds hurt, and they also reduce the speed I can get before tiltback.

IPS claims the wheel can do 30% inclines...it definitely can, but it sure can't do them for very long! Battery voltage drops quite significantly -- but I am a big dude, as they say! :lol: Gentler inclines are no problem though.

Thats a lot of km for your weight and battery

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

generic x3

battery 88w :(

weight 78kg

temp 36c

motor ?

stated range 15-18km

gps range  5-6km

tyre pressure 45psi

1 x 300 metre hill rest was smooth and flat. battery charged before leaving. waiting for 170w battery to arrive.

My battery charger just arrived and performed a discharge test on one of the Samsung cells. 3000mAh as advertised.

Compared to my old pack, voltage sag seems to be lower during climbs.

Will swap out my friend's aging cells with the new ones.

2016-03-04 12.56.33.jpg

11 hours ago, Colin said:

My battery charger just arrived and performed a discharge test on one of the Samsung cells. 3000mAh as advertised.

Compared to my old pack, voltage sag seems to be lower during climbs.

Will swap out my friend's aging cells with the new ones.

2016-03-04 12.56.33.jpg

Hi Colin,

Where did you purchase your Samsung INR18650 30Q battery?

I too have an X8 and would like to perform this upgrade (I'm in the States)

So how does this roughly work out in terms of, say, kwH/100miles. This would be a good addition to this old thread

It looks like an EUC would be much more efficient than almost/every motorized form of transport out there and possibly still better than a human walking or cycling.

On 3/4/2016 at 0:16 AM, indetrucks said:

Hi Colin,

Where did you purchase your Samsung INR18650 30Q battery?

I too have an X8 and would like to perform this upgrade (I'm in the States)

Hey indetrucks, I live in Singapore (SE Asia) and got my batteries(individual cells) from China. Had to rip my old pack apart and solder the new cells in. Terrible terrible thing to do if you're not into DIYing things.

I don't think anyone would sell such a pack but you could try googling. Maybe someone in the States would be happy to customise a pack for you (probably not cheap).

If you're after individual cells for a DIY mod, a quick google search for "samsung 30Q" will do the trick. IIRC some sites charge as low as 5 USD for a 30Q cell.

If you want to try modding your own pack, do it at your own risk. I might consider posting a battery pack mod article in the near future if anyone is interested.

18 hours ago, glorat said:

So how does this roughly work out in terms of, say, kwH/100miles. This would be a good addition to this old thread

It looks like an EUC would be much more efficient than almost/every motorized form of transport out there and possibly still better than a human walking or cycling.

Daan got 1kWh/100miles for his Solowheel Xtreme but i'm not sure if that figure is derived from actual range or specs. For my x8 I have a lower end efficiency of 1.7kWh/100miles and a higher end efficiency of 1.4kWh/100miles, depending on the speed I ride at (max. 15km/h)

2 hours ago, Colin said:

Daan got 1kWh/100miles for his Solowheel Xtreme but i'm not sure if that figure is derived from actual range or specs. For my x8 I have a lower end efficiency of 1.7kWh/100miles and a higher end efficiency of 1.4kWh/100miles, depending on the speed I ride at (max. 15km/h)

Looks like Daan was going by specs. Still, this this is all interesting!

EUC: <2kWh / 100 miles

Pedal Cycling: 3kWh / 100 miles

Walking: 10kWh / 100 miles

Electric car (Tesla): 30kWh / 100 miles

Cars: 30kWh to 300 kWh / 100 miles

EUCs are saving the environment!

Yesterday I rode my Zero 240.

My weight + backpack is about 100 kilo. Temperature was +2 degrees. The route starts flat but the last 3 Km is uphill. complete distance = 7.2 Km. .Average speed = 18Kmph

Battery was down to 10% when i arrived; When i returned the same way later that day., i started fully charged and had still 50% battery at arival home.

19 hours ago, glorat said:

Looks like Daan was going by specs. Still, this this is all interesting!

EUC: <2kWh / 100 miles

Pedal Cycling: 3kWh / 100 miles

Walking: 10kWh / 100 miles

Electric car (Tesla): 30kWh / 100 miles

Cars: 30kWh to 300 kWh / 100 miles

EUCs are saving the environment!

Hi,

These numbers are just garbage!

- average speeds are not considered

- Energie for humans to walk is not energie to live + energie to walk. Energy estimation of a 100kg person just living, say 1h sleep = 90cal = 376.81 Wh, 1h walk 3.3mph 330cal => just for walking 240cal = 1.00483 kWh. Thus don't forget to add 0.377 kWh just to live, to any of those calculations :-)

- they are wrong, why would eBikes have motors with LOWER stated power than EUCs if they needed double the power? Estimation of a 100kg person biking at: <10mph => 400cal-90cal = 310cal = 1.29791 kWh, very slow biking => 300cal - 90cal = 210cal => 0.87923 kWh

- ECars, from my own experience 10.5kWh 25-55mi => 20kWh to 40kWh per 100 miles depending mostly on temperature and conservative speeds. Less than Tesla, which may go up to 85kWh per 100 miles, probably even more...

Thus, as to be expected, biking is still the most efficient method to move around, similar speeds assumed, as no need to carry your body, and no additional energy consumption for balancing, not even considering the less than efficient engines used in EUCs...

Reference:

http://www.calories-calculator.net/Calories_Burned_Calculator.html

http://www.kylesconverter.com/power/watts-to-calories-per-second

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/196607-what-is-the-real-range-of-an-electric-car-tesla-helps-us-find-the-answer

I have an IPS 191 (340wh). I try not to run it down lower than 30% but the last charge i got 19km from the 70% of the battery capacity that i use so i guess roughly 30km would the the range from a full charge. This was run mostly on the flat in several shorter rides. Im 100kg.

13 minutes ago, nute said:

I have an IPS 191 (340wh). I try not to run it down lower than 30% but the last charge i got 19km from the 70% of the battery capacity that i use so i guess roughly 30km would the the range from a full charge. This was run mostly on the flat in several shorter rides. Im 100kg.

Why is everyone trying to make me jealous?:)

Archived