Why do you ride a Monster?

Rapha, would this be your first wheel?

Personally, I don’t use a seat, and at least for the trips I do (usually around 10-15km) the standing doesn’t bother me.

Learning to ride on a monster seems quite the challenge to me, especially if you’re no giant like us (I’m 168 myself)

3 hours ago, Maartenv said:

Personally, I don’t use a seat, and at least for the trips I do (usually around 10-15km) the standing doesn’t bother me.

Learning to ride on a monster seems quite the challenge to me, especially if you’re no giant like us (I’m 168 myself)

I have 1.66m :)

On 6/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, seage said:

Hey mike! Hope you've been well! And grats on the new nik.

Im literally watching your ride video with Tobbe right now, haha. But 69? Holy.... I can understand not hearing the beeps. Im still pretty hardcore with my watch and alarms in my helmet and so on. I'll be sticking to below 61, lol...aka, 60 and under. But i want to hit 60 at some point. I might attempt to hit beeps later when im used to my wheel, but as long as i can ride and never hear them (not because of wind noise but because im well within the limits of the machine) i'll be happy! Got a few weeks out before my wheel and seat show up then i'll make a video on it XDD.

By the way, grats on Monikas new wheel. My mum just came top me and told me shes buying that one for my dad as a surprise. Wild. 

Thanks Seage!

Yeah... when we are riding I have gotten beeps at just a tiny bit below 62kmh and so has he. So yesterday I hit the the five beeps at 61.7kmh and quickly backed off. Tobbe is more than happy to ride the beeps and he really needed to get some peace of mind. I would definitely not want to fall at those speeds armour/helmet/gear or not. It would just be a mess. Hitting 60kmh is exciting enough and that point we are leaning forward quite a bit as well. His pads work nicely though.

Touching the beeps is fine... just grazing them. Thomas hit 61.3kmh on his 84v MSX yesterday.. that was his new personal record and he even did it seated. It was windy so I got stuck at 55kmh. 

Touch the beeps... then never touch them again lol. That's why we want the speed margin. :efefc8626c:

Wow nice of your mom to get your dad an MSP! He is going to be one happy guy! He has already shown a natural talent for riding and he really seemed to enjoy it!

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 11:48 PM, Maartenv said:

On 6/21/2020 at 3:41 AM, Rapha Assunção said:

I have 1.66m :)

I am 163cm. I have tried the Monster and with the seat on it it presses up against the insides of my thighs.

Here is our first look at the Monster 3108Wh without the seat but next to some other wheels.
Petra is around your height.

And here is Thomas riding seated on the MSX. He is 180cm.

The Monster will feel very cumbersome in the beginning and would not be my first pick for mixed riding but more as a street cruiser.

Thx Mike!

Yeah, doesn't look too huge actually! Maybe one day, for the longer travels (if only I could try out someone's monster over here..).

But as a learners wheel, I don't know either. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I learned riding on an msx, and my feet and lower leg muscles weren't too happy with learning to control that weight. A monster would be even harder (more painful) I can imagine.

My preference for the monster is for its tire, it is the best for the trails full of stones, roots and sand traps that I move through. In the almost 500 km that I have been using, I have had a lot more fun than my old v10f, which is not a little, I think I have made a good decision.
I miss the audio notifications instead of the beeps, the slim body, the silence of the fans and the attention to detail of my old Inmotion, but I forget everything when I hit the road wearing 22 ".
A curiosity is that I am not able to exceed 40km / h, the limit that I have had for more than two years.

Edited by Demargon
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Maartenv said:

Thx Mike!

Yeah, doesn't look too huge actually! Maybe one day, for the longer travels (if only I could try out someone's monster over here..).

But as a learners wheel, I don't know either. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I learned riding on an msx, and my feet and lower leg muscles weren't too happy with learning to control that weight. A monster would be even harder (more painful) I can imagine.

Nah, Monster V3 is my first wheel, no issues whatsoever. I tried on a Ninebot first for like two hours, when switched to Monster and found it incomparably easier. Very stable and controllable, easy to progress on. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...