I got a Meepo NLS Pro electric skateboard and it’s pretty fun

It is pretty fast :D I took it out for a 10 mile ride last night and it did really good. The tech is nothing compared to euc but it’s a lot of fun. I’ve never had an eskate so I don’t know it compares to other eskates but it seems nice to me.

• Upvote 1

A couple more pictures

fesl19n.jpg

BAcC3kJ.jpg

KyfN1rh.jpg

The wheels are bigger than my fists :D 

Wd2pfB3.jpg

The remote control thing. You use that thumb wheel to accelerate and break. It seemed twitchy at first but I seemed to acclimate quickly. 

• Upvote 1

I saw "Power:    2 X 540 Watts" ! https://www.meepoboard.com/boards/nls-pro/

He's not cost $699,

wheels are not offroad ? 

standing on your Roomba Z10 how fast you're going? :popcorn:

from china cheaper and slower 2X300W but similar https://usa.banggood.com/BACKFIRE-G2S-Electric-Longboard-Two-300W-In-Hub-Motors-36V-Electric-Skateboard-Golden-Black-XIAOMI-E-bike-p-1378024.html?rmmds=search&ID=557923557872&cur_warehouse=CN

• Like 1

I thought about that one but I wanted bigger wheels and a flexier deck. That backfire skateboard is pretty cool and a lot of people like them, but I liked the Meepo more for some reason. It's not offroad, it's a street cruiser. 

My fake Roomba goes about .5 mph I would guess, heheh very slow :) 

32 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Roomba goes about .5 mph

ah i see it's a Roomba N3M240 with firmware V128, speed is limited by the firmware Everyone knows it, ask russians for upgrade the roomba speed :P

• Like 2

Hello, I been e boarding for a bout 4 1/2 years now.  1st board I got was a ego cruiser and the esc was trash so I started making my own. MY main board in is running 404 watt hours. the mini boards are using lipos in series 10s.

Spoiler

• Like 1

I eskate as well. I usually don't check the off-topic parts of the forum so didn't see this until today.
The Meepo NLS Pro has been on my radar and looks like a very nice board. Eskating is definitely lots of fun and you can get quite far with those small batteries (compared to EUC).
I did a range test on my old Koowheel eboard yesterday and managed 20km. My newer Ownboard W1S can manage more like 30km. Unless I go blazing around at top speed.

Are you happy with it? Is the range okay? The top speed seems insane but here we are on one wheel.

The Backfire G2S is old tech now. The new one is the G2T.
The Backfire G2T 6Ah 30Q, Meep NLS Pro 8Ah, Ownboard W2 9Ah 30Q and WowGo 3S 6Ah 30Q all compete with eacher in this medium/low price segment.

Boards are nice to have because they are not impossible for people to pick up. Cool to have an extra board for when friends come over.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mike, cool video, I am having a blast Eskating.

I grew up skateboarding but after having a family, I haven't really rode until this Feb when I for some reason got the skateboarding bug bad again after a nearly 20 year absence. I'm 41 now and started going to skateparks again with my old skateboarding friend from high school and we've been having so much fun checking out all the local skateparks that weren't around when we were skating as kids. And of course, since I'm in a electric unicycle rider I decided I had to have an electric skateboard.

I did a small amount of research and picked the most powerful budget board I could find. I have been really enjoying the Meepo NLS Pro, but I've never had an ESkate before so I don't really know how to compare it. I am a lifelong skateboarder, so I can say that the deck is good, flexy and comfortable, the trucks turn well, and the big wheels roll good. I feel like maybe the rear hub motor wheels are less smooth than the front freewheels and pick up a little more vibrations from sidewalk cracks etc, but these giant wheelsroll over bad terrain way better than any of my regular skateboard wheels (my wheel of choice on normal skateboards is 52-54 mm) the meepo wheels are wider than my normal wheels are tall hahaha. 

I have not been able to fully kill the battery yet, but have had a couple 10-12 mile rides on it. It's a lot less comfortable than an EUC because of after 10 miles of vibrations my feet get all worn out, but it's soooooo much fun to just carve around on a skateboard for an hour or two. I do really love it. The only problem is deciding to ride EUC or ESkate, I've been trying to give them equal attention and it's hard :) 

• Like 1

I grew up with a really shitty skateboard/longboard. A plastic cruiser haha. Damn so you ride a skateboard in parks? That's the real deal. Cool!

Yes because of the design of hub motors they tend to be less smooth than the front wheel. Less urethane. That's why some people swear by eboards with belt motors. But man they are noisy, expensive and everything else. Except for the new Ownboard W2. Still like you say the wheel on the NLS seem gigantic at 100mm! That's awesome. 

Your feet will get less tired/numb as time passes. I just went for a 20km cruise with my wife (she always prefers to take the longboard) and she didn't mention her feet a single time. 

I hardly ride my boards anymore but I should. Because I know they are silly fun. I should save my MSX for long cruises instead. Today I did two 20km rides. One around lunch and one in the evening. I could have taken the longboard or the onewheel.

Thanks for your answers and impressions! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kasenutty said:

My pleasure Mike. Here’s a skate pic 😀

We have a small skate park nearby. I've played around there with my Ninebot One E+. I did try some stuff with a skateboard once but it was so scary. 

Today we're going to go for a ride to a small beach. I just checked google maps and it is 10km away. So I will be taking the board.
And letting the MSX rest.

• Like 1

I took the Meepo NLS pro on a test run to work Saturday night, and it made it there and back (About 13 miles round trip) and had 33% left when I got home. There's a big hill right before I get home and was sagging a little up that hill but there are a lot of hills on the way and I think it did really well. It took me about 33 minutes vs about 25 minutes on my 18xl. I'm a big guy, 215 lbs, so I think that's pretty respectable. 

Edited by kasenutty

2 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I took the Meepo NLS pro on a test run to work Saturday night, and it made it there and back (About 13 miles round trip) and had 33% left when I got home. There's a big hill right before I get home and was sagging a little up that hill but there are a lot of hills on the way and I think it did really well. It took me about 33 minutes vs about 25 minutes on my 18xl. I'm a big guy, 215 lbs, so I think that's pretty respectable. 

That's good range! Did you find the ride comfort to be a huge deal vs EUC? A lot of people complain about urethane and this and that and not being able to ride on gravel and so on but not everything has to be an all terrain vehicle for it to be fun.

So 33 minutes to get to work? 6.5 miles? That's 11.8 MPH average vs 16.6 MPH average for the XL.
Have you ever hit the top speed on the Meepo?

For reference on my Ownboard W1S with the Sanyo battery I expect 1.9 miles range per percentage unit which is what you got.
I have gotten better and I have gotten worse depending on how I ride and I am a small guy at 140 lbs.

So that's some good efficiency from the Meepo!
I just watched Fab's review with my wife. Very nice board!

Fabi likes every board though, hahaha. He's a pretty amazing regular skateboarder though, I give Fab props for sure. 

Ride comfort is much worse on the skateboard if I'm riding sidewalks, the sidewalk cracks are incredibly annoying when you're at your upper speeds. Bike lane riding is very comfortable but you have to be hyper vigilant scanning for potholes and debris. While it's much less useful and comfortable than my EUC, keep in mind I ride a regular  skateboard a lot, so this is MUCH more comfortable than my regular skateboard, and is whole lot of fun to ride around. I'm glad I have it and I'm riding it a lot, just for fun.

The 18XL is always there for me to get somewhere fast, but I really enjoy the Eskate if I'm not necessarily trying to get somewhere. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You got me curious. I have skated for years. How is switching to this long-board style? You don't have a tail for your foot and you can't live the front axis for short turning. Did it take a lot of time to adapt?

• Like 1

The longboard is goofy for sure when going slow and maneuvering tight turns, it shines though on long high speed runs. I am a regular skater so this thing is not normally my style, but I ride it more like an euc and at higher speed the long board I think is more stable. Once at speed turning feels a lot like a regular board. I hope that makes sense.

Sure. Would love to try it.

TBH I would love to have a go at skateboarding again, but at this age (40) the body suffers more when falling, and boy do you fall a lot while skating (at least when trying tricks :) ).

• Like 1