Building a new shell for my ACM

I want to build a new shell for my ACM that I damaged a couple weeks ago. I thought a lot and came up with a few different versions but here's my latest design for the frame, and I'm pretty happy with it. It will mostly be constructed with aluminum posts and angle posts with aluminum fastening hardware with blue loctite and plastic lumber/pvc sheet. I'll also be purchasing an oscillating multi-tool with carbide blades to cut the aluminum. I definitely got some inspiration from @esaj's post about his custom firewheel frame/shell, thanks for that!

I plan on housing the board and all the wires in a plastic storage container like this one that I'll be waterproofing with silicone/rubber cement and bolting to the left side of the frame near the axle. The top and bottom of the battery housing will be made out of plastic lumber like this - I'm going to try to buy one piece of 1'x6'x8'' and slice it up. I'm thinking I'll use pvc board for the side walls, but may just end up using the plastic lumber. 

Considering the amount of aluminum supports I'll be using, and the height that will be added with the batteries mounted on top, I'm hoping I'll be able to sit on the battery box while riding, but I'll have to see how sturdy it is when it's built.

I'm taking a trip to Home Depot and placing some orders after work today to get my first load of supplies. Seeing as I've never done a project like this or worked with these materials before, it would be great to get some input on how the design could be improved!

untitled (1).png

• Upvote 1