JYROBALL

KAY GEE

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I wonder what would happen following an accidental dismount... 

Rather than falling over your whell might become a "ball" and just keep rolling!   :blink1:

I guess that will need to be tested, as of what I read, it has sensors to know if there is someone riding it, the motor doesn't start until you are on it, and I guess it stops if you step off. 

6 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

I guess that will need to be tested, as of what I read, it has sensors to know if there is someone riding it, the motor doesn't start until you are on it, and I guess it stops if you step off. 

Yes, but if you were to fall off at "high" speed, like any wheeel it may continue on with it's own momentum... 

In the case of the standard "roomba" shaped wheels, when they fall to the side the tumble and stop. But if the wheels were (jyro) ball shaped and happened to flip the pedals shut as they fell sideways, then it could continue rolling for quite a way... Particularly if that happened to @Marty Backe right near the top of "Overheat Hill"!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...