Using the lock feature with the ks18l

Joker10

When I lock my wheel it disables the balancing and will beep a lot if you move it but it also gives a double beep about every second.  I have to be missing something because i can’t leave the wheel in the corner while it double beeps every second.  If I turn it off and someone grabs it it won’t make any noise.  What am I missing?  How can I use this?

The lock mechanism is meant so the wheel won't turn on and spin up in the box (when the packaging accidentally pushes the power button). That happened a few times and ended with wheels frying themselves while being shipped. 

This is only a transport mode, not an anti-theft mechanism. Maybe a firmware update can add one so there's a mode where the wheel stays on, doesn't balance, and beeps when moved.

For explanation, "locking" refers to making sure the motor doesn't turn the tire (so the tire is locked in place), or maybe "unlocking" the wheel after it has been "locked" for transport.

It does not meant locking a wheel up like a bicycle, unfortunately. You'd need an actual lock for that (and you can put the wheel into this transport mode so people can't turn it on and make it balance then).

The real deal with EUCs though is that you don't have to leave them somewhere. Just take them with you. The 18L has a really nice trolley handle for that:) I wouldn't want to leave my sweet wheel somewhere.

Thanks guys that makes sense.  I rode it to class the other day and had to put it in a place I could not see it. I thought that if I locked it, it would beep only when moved to alert me that someone was messing with it.  

1 hour ago, Joker10 said:

Thanks guys that makes sense.  I rode it to class the other day and had to put it in a place I could not see it. I thought that if I locked it, it would beep only when moved to alert me that someone was messing with it.  

get a motion alarm designed for brief cases and lap tops.  Come to think of it, I need one too. So it's off to Amazon after this. edit. only get a well reviewd one. There's a lot of junk out there.

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1