UK South West

Brett Mitchell

There are a number of long smooth gravel /loose cycle trails all around Plymouth, all with interesting features such as viaducts, long tunnels, spectacular views, Bird of prey nests etc. We have ridden along all of the main cycle trails such as Drakes way (Plymouth to Tavistock,  ), Granite Way (Lydon to Okehampton taking in Meldon reservoir) and we did the Camel Trail (Bodmin to Wadebridge to Padstow) on Saturday which was epic! The hoe promenade is an option but a bit small to go anywhere meaningful. Totnes has some nice smaller cycle paths to Dartington and Ashprington. We also have a number of local bump tracks and a purpose built MTB trails in Plymbridge valley for the brave! So it really depends on what kind of riding you would want to do. I would suggest Yelverton, Dartmoor as we can use the old harrowbeer airfield (open tarmac but bumpy) and we are also central to drakes trail if we decide to do a part of that.

10 hours ago, Luiz said:

I have been planing to visit Cornwall so i would be delighted to join you in one of your meetings . 

Hi Luiz,let us know when you are coming and we will do our best to meet up with you!

Thanks Brett

Hi Gary,we don't mind doing any of those,were normally out on a Thursday afternoon,and every other weekend due to work commitments,if you go to electric unicycles Torbay on Facebook,and contact me on messenger,we can sort something out!

Cheers Brett

11 hours ago, Gary357 said:

There are a number of long smooth gravel /loose cycle trails all around Plymouth, all with interesting features such as viaducts, long tunnels, spectacular views, Bird of prey nests etc. We have ridden along all of the main cycle trails such as Drakes way (Plymouth to Tavistock,  ), Granite Way (Lydon to Okehampton taking in Meldon reservoir) and we did the Camel Trail (Bodmin to Wadebridge to Padstow) on Saturday which was epic! The hoe promenade is an option but a bit small to go anywhere meaningful. Totnes has some nice smaller cycle paths to Dartington and Ashprington. We also have a number of local bump tracks and a purpose built MTB trails in Plymbridge valley for the brave! So it really depends on what kind of riding you would want to do. I would suggest Yelverton, Dartmoor as we can use the old harrowbeer airfield (open tarmac but bumpy) and we are also central to drakes trail if we decide to do a part of that.

Hi Gary,we don't mind doing any of those,were normally out on a Thursday afternoon,and every other weekend due to work commitments,if you go to electric unicycles Torbay on Facebook,and contact me on messenger,we can sort something out!

Cheers Brett

sorry about the video,it shouldn't have pasted that!

Hi Brett .  Thanks for your kind invitation . I am sure you have many wonderful places ro ride and you seem to have a nice group in Cornwall aswell . I will love to ride with you guys in one of these beautiful places . I will let you know as soon as i have planned the trip to cornwall.

• 3 months later...

Hi brett,

The run along the whole of the Grand Western canal (Tiverton to Greenham) starting at Sampford Peverell was awesome last weekend with varied terrain and magnificent views as we traversed from urban to forestry, to fields, to forest and under countless bridges with tiny sidewalks  and all with the historic and still active canal as our way-maker culminating in a well deserved pasty and coffee at the Tiverton Canal Company cafe barge. The amount of wildlife which live around the canal, plus the odd horse towing a canal barge full of humans, was indeed a wonderful setting for the meeting of the Plymouth and Torbay Electric unicycle groups and a good day out was had by all. A lot of interest was shown from all kinds of people about this "new" form of personal transportation and as far as I know, nobody fell off their "old fashioned" bicycle thing in shock of us this time :)

After completing both the Exeter Canal and the Tiverton Canal runs, We are planning to do the Granite Way from (Lydford to Okehampton), the Camal Trail (Wadebridge to Padstow) and Clay trail (St Austell to Wheal Martyn to Eden project) in the near future and welcome any other riders in the area to join us for a social meet, greet and ride. The groups EUC's are a mixture of Ninebot E+, IPS zero, 151,  IPS Lhotz, and a couple of Gotway V2's. with battery sizes all above 320Wh. A shorter route can generally be organized for lower capacity EUC's.

Let me or Brett know if you are interested...

• 1 month later...

Hi @Gary357  

I have done most of the Camel Trail the Wadebridge to Padstow bit is great I have done it quite a few times on my NB1+ easily doable on 1 battery with enough to explore both ends. There are also some great trails around Lanhydrock which is another of my favourites. The other two parts of the Camel trail can start to get a bit muddy and lots of leaves but probably still doable if its not too wet or been raining.

Hi @Tree Camper

Its good to hear there are some other active EUCer's in the south west. I meet with the Torbay wheelers on a regular basis for rides and generally try to do a new trail most weekends if the weather is good.

It would be great to meet up for a social / ride and share info on locations and quality of trails etc. We did some of the Bodmin Beast in Cardinham woods a few weeks ago ... A bit rough going on a EUC, as it has been well used by hundreds of mountain bikes, but still fun :) 

Lanhydrock trail hub is one of our objectives this year so maybe we could meet there? or of course Camel Trail which I did a while ago but willing to do again, and I know its on Brett's list to do, as it is a classic Cornish route.

Let us know when you are available and maybe we can sort something out.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! I'm a little late to the party, semi-new euc rider here. Live in Kent and riders around these parts are nonexistent. Willing to venture up London as it's only a 45min drive. Is there any euc community groups in London that still meet up? I'm interested in joining the fray lol. This spring/summer might be a good 2017 for some urban cruzin'

Feel free to msg me. Thanks!

Archived