My 84-volt Nikola Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

43 minutes ago, wheelr said:

@Marty Backe @Nils @Mrd777  Do any of your Nikolas implement the trolley locking mechanism as exhibited on this video?

what happened with that.. they had the locking mechanism and the spring that shot the handle down  like a guillotine in the prototypes... did they just abandon all of that lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Martin said:

Just got notification that my Nikola Plus 100v 1845 wh shipped

That’s awesome.    Hope it gets to you quickly and has no problems 👍😎.  Please let us know how the 100v 1845 feels.  I love my 1600wh 84v   It is the best feeling wheel I’ve ever ridden.  

Edited by Lucas Alexander Oliver
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wheelr said:

@Marty Backe @Nils @Mrd777  Do any of your Nikolas implement the trolley locking mechanism as exhibited on this video?

Mine doesn’t. It is spring loaded. Easy to get up but it stays down really well.  Sooo much better than the locking prototype

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wheelr said:

No, the  trolley handle does not lock, and I don't think it needs to after having used it in various situations. I'm happy that it doesn't lock.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

I will buy it from a dealer in Europe (Poland). I have yet to place final order, as he does pre-orders only by bank transfer (part payment).

But I plan to put my order in fully paid instead during this or next week. States delivery ultimo July. 

Note: my cats dislike car rides big time. My apartment is their world. Pure indoor experience. 

Main reason why I hold putting in order yet, is dure to pending sick pay settlement to cover my 3 weeks rehab training (9 working days salary loss). If I get confirmation sooner I order directly. (Swedish Bureaucracy, aka Försäkringskassan, first time I have to settle anything with them in my 12 years in Sweden) 

Yeah I was thinking of trying to buy my next wheel from Europe. So that at least I can pretend I have som kind of protection if something goes wrong.

Got it. My cat is also very much an indoor cat although he has been known to come with us to Norrköping sometimes.

Ouch. Considering how much we pay in taxes these things are expected to work. Especially when we hardly ever use the benefits. Then we have people abusing them for years (or a lifetime) and getting away with it.

10 hours ago, stephen said:

My msx was £2000 from ian that's a whopping      $2,544.40 

United States Dollars

That is a lot of money. I bought mine on singles day and the price went down to 14800 SEK which was $1565 or £1229. I also had a $50 coupon added to that!
The MSX 100v eventually went down to the same price shortly after.

Z10 was down to around 13000SEK on Gearbest but I thought I would wait.. and waited... and waited.... aaaaand it's gone.

I'd rather buy 2 wheels from ali than one from UK not much difference lol. If anything went wrong a new board is only £160 ..a new msx and replacement board if needed would be only £1400 alltogether

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Woohoo! Awesome!

Nice Mike 👍 which shop do you buy from

Can't wait for review 😊

4 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Woohoo! Awesome!

You got 2 wheels for price of my one 😁😁😁 nearly

1 minute ago, stephen said:

Nice Mike 👍 which shop do you buy from

Can't wait for review 😊

You got 2 wheels for price of my one 😁😁😁 nearly

I only have the MSX. I ended up not buying the Z10. But yes once you get a wheel for that cheap it's hard to swallow the full retail price.
You can get all the help and support you want but if you are basically getting an extra wheel for free and no support or a wheel and great support.
It's like buying a wheel for cheap and they ask you, okay here is this wheel now for €1000 you want 2 years insurance for €500?

What do you choose?

Now I need the price on the Nikola to drop. The 18XL at that price is looking good though. And it's already in Europe they say so 7-10 days delivery. But yeah I need 16 inch. Focus man focus!

I bought the MSX from Intelligent Walking Store as did 2 friends of mine on my recommendation.

Of the Ali shops we have the 4 main reputable ones I think:
Sumtop
Rockwheel
Intelligent Walking Store
Green and Fashion Travaling Shop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Yeah i can't commit to a 16" wheel until I've seen the 16x reviews ,,, i must tell myself to wait 🙁

@Mike Sacristan

In @Marty Backeearly review the outer/rolling diameter on the Nikola was 17.5 (or was it 17 3/4) inches. That's pretty close to 18" :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Boogieman said:

@Mike Sacristan

In @Marty Backeearly review the outer/rolling diameter on the Nikola was 17.5 (or was it 17 3/4) inches. That's pretty close to 18" :-)

Thanks Boogieman! I'm aware of that and it's the size reduction from the MSX that I am going for. I am sure the Nikola might have a harder time doing what the MSX does best which is riding over trails with rocks and roots at low PSI. But I am also pretty sure that it can do some other stuff better and the size difference will be enough to make it feel snappier than the MSX, not to mention the comfort from the width and the balance of the wheel itself.

2 hours ago, stephen said:

That's still less than my 19 3/4" msx wheel 😁

Exactly. Today I did some grocery shopping with my wife. I was carrying a bag that weighed around 4kg / 9 lbs. I asked my wife to slow down so we could do a test. I held the bag out straight in front of me with both arms and the MSX accelerated. We then kept riding and came to a hill, I did the same thing + leaned forward and flew up the hill.

So now I just need to dig up my weighted wristbands.

Also before our grocery shopping my wife and I went for a ride. I brought the One E+. She did som practice on it and actually managed 50 meters on her own. 

46 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I held the bag out straight in front of me with both arms and the MSX accelerated. We then kept riding and came to a hill, I did the same thing + leaned forward and flew up the hill

It's no good been lean and ripped my extra weight comes in handy:P 

1 minute ago, stephen said:

It's no good been lean and ripped my extra weight comes in handy:P 

Haha i've noticed! Soon i'm going to have start riding with my weighted vest. And strap myself into the pedals as well. Commitment pedals. :lol:

5'5" and 139 lbs is my ideal bodyweight though. Slightly below 10% body fat. Gonna try to lose 2 more lbs and see how that goes.

6 hours ago, stephen said:

How is the motor sound on the nikola is it quiet like the msx? I don't think I'll like the 16x if it whines

I'll have to do a careful comparison, but my impression is that the Nikola is silent like the MSX. The motor sound hasn't entered my mind.