My 84-volt Nikola Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

47 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Which store? You should write them and ask. It took a while for them to ship my MSX as well. I am also a bit suspicious about the availability of the Nikola Plus. 

Intelligent walking Store.  I've emailed twice.  Last week they said they are waiting on a part.  Today he said it's in transit.  They are being very vague.  I said how can it be "in transit" when on my end it says it hasn't shipped.  They haven't responded to that question.  I'm guessing they put these up for sale before they actually had stock and when he says "in transit" maybe he means it is in transit to his store.  The time difference makes it very difficult to communicate with them.

7 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Intelligent walking Store.  I've emailed twice.  Last week they said they are waiting on a part.  Today he said it's in transit.  They are being very vague.  I said how can it be "in transit" when on my end it says it hasn't shipped.  They haven't responded to that question.  I'm guessing they put these up for sale before they actually had stock and when he says "in transit" maybe he means it is in transit to his store.  The time difference makes it very difficult to communicate with them.

I bought my MSX from Intelligent Walking Store. So did my friend. And another friend of mine bought his 18XL from them. I am also pretty sure that they put them up for sale before having them in stock. Anyway... at least you asked. You get whatever answer you get. They won't get paid until the wheel arrives and you confirm the delivery.

I'm sure it's like you say. That it's in transit means that it's in transit to them. Upon receiving they will ship it to you. Not only is it a language barrier but even a cultural one.

Anyway you have done your part. Now comes the part where we learn patience and how to not have anxiety. It will be a long wait. But it will be worth it.

image.png.376d6be332abfa285186656c2c46343c.png

Edited by Mike Sacristan
added a funny picture
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

LOL, well I'm glad to hear you have experience with them, that makes me feel a little better about the deal.  To hold me over I have a Nikola arriving from eWheels (Jason).  I will ride the "old version" from eWheels until the Plus (100v 1845 wh) gets here and then the one from eWheels will go to my partner.

1 minute ago, Jim Martin said:

LOL, well I'm glad to hear you have experience with them, that makes me feel a little better about the deal.  To hold me over I have a Nikola arriving from eWheels (Jason).  I will ride the "old version" from eWheels until the Plus (100v 1845 wh) gets here and then the one from eWheels will go to my partner.

Yeah that's why I was a bit nosy and asked. I was hoping it was from a retailer I was familiar with and known for having a good reputation.

"To hold me over". :lol:

44 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

I bought my z10 from there it didn't update dispatch for 5 days maybe 7 but don't worry it will come nothing updates untill it's in your country but it will come. Mine took 60 days 

9 minutes ago, stephen said:

I bought my z10 from there it didn't update dispatch for 5 days maybe 7 but don't worry it will come nothing updates untill it's in your country but it will come. Mine took 60 days 

Holly crap, 60 days?  They say 11-17 days on the site.

3 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Holly crap, 60 days?  They say 11-17 days on the site.

Yeah mine said that to .. Look at the reviews they all say over a month some 2 😬 it might be different to texas🤔

But it will come eventually

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I'm gonna watch the vid with my wife now. And see.. if she will become a believer.

When I get my KS16X it would properly be around my holiday.(week 30-32). I might be able to take both wheels in my car to Stockholm for an overnight. I can't stay longer due my cats. Just in case I might make you a KS believer 😜:whistling::innocent1:

33 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yeah mine said that to .. Look at the reviews they all say over a month some 2 😬 it might be different to texas🤔

But it will come eventually

It likely it is what happened to this cattle transport too.... 

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

A slight detour... 🙄

31 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

60 days here as well.

50 minutes ago, stephen said:

Wow, you guys have patience. I've only ordered one wheel from China (Mten3) and that took ~30-days. 60-days seems like an eternity. I do remember that there wasn't much activity until it entered the country during the last week. Then I had daily updates.

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It likely it is what happened to this cattle transport too.... 

A slight detour... 🙄

That cow isn't in motion i don't think that likes water either 😬😬i better Sshhh🤐

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, you guys have patience. I've only ordered one wheel from China (Mten3) and that took ~30-days. 60-days seems like an eternity. I do remember that there wasn't much activity until it entered the country during the last week. Then I had daily updates.

I had no choice tbh ,,no z10 anywhere else , but i would do it again i save £700 if buy from china . 

I could buy a mten3 with the money saved 😁😁

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

When I get my KS16X it would properly be around my holiday.(week 30-32). I might be able to take both wheels in my car to Stockholm for an overnight. I can't stay longer due my cats. Just in case I might make you a KS believer 😜:whistling::innocent1:

You will get it that soon? Where did you order it from if I may ask?

Bring the cats! :roflmao:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

You will get it that soon? Where did you order it from if I may ask?

Bring the cats! :roflmao:

I will buy it from a dealer in Europe (Poland). I have yet to place final order, as he does pre-orders only by bank transfer (part payment).

But I plan to put my order in fully paid instead during this or next week. States delivery ultimo July. 

Note: my cats dislike car rides big time. My apartment is their world. Pure indoor experience. 

Main reason why I hold putting in order yet, is dure to pending sick pay settlement to cover my 3 weeks rehab training (9 working days salary loss). If I get confirmation sooner I order directly. (Swedish Bureaucracy, aka Försäkringskassan, first time I have to settle anything with them in my 12 years in Sweden) 

26 minutes ago, stephen said:

That cow isn't in motion i don't think that likes water either 😬😬i better Sshhh🤐

I think it was using Apples new map app when it came out when they made their own map service/app. 

It had a few bugs with turn by turn directions, nothing major 😂

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, stephen said:

My msx was £2000 from ian that's a whopping      $2,544.40 

United States Dollars

That is because it is designed to ride on the "wrong" side of the road. Special edition. Other version rides on the "right" side of the road:w00t2::cheers:

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Not many miles yet but my Nikola = 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Ride is smooth as buddah!

Ah, you received it! I really hope you're not disappointed and that it lives up to expectations that some people have been setting :ph34r:

• Like 1

@Marty Backe so in you mountain ride video, you show the trolly works... What to look to me quite okay. I actually doubt the MSX would work as well. The MSX trolley seems off balance to me when I tested it (short version, I disliked the MSX trolley). Maybe I am just too used to my KS18L trolley.

Now to the question.... I actually think your Nikola would look better in red as your car.

So any chance you are going to paint it, the Nikola? Maybe later? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Marty Backe so in you mountain ride video, you show the trolly works... What to look to me quite okay. I actually doubt the MSX would work as well. The MSX trolley seems off balance to me when I tested it (short version, I disliked the MSX trolley). Maybe I am just too used to my KS18L trolley.

Now to the question.... I actually think your Nikola would look better in red as your car.

So any chance you are going to paint it, the Nikola? Maybe later? 

For now, if I paint anything it'll be to cover the white highlights.

After using the trolley on trails (bumpy conditions) and in various stores I can say that I'm quite happy with it. And like the V10, the raised handle is useful for leaning the wheel temporarily against a wall or object.

I'm glad that it doesn't lock because that would be another step to complete every time I close it. You can see in my mountain video how it would have been annoying to unlock the handle every time I wanted to close/open it. And in terms of controlling the wheel, it's much better than the MSuper/MSX style.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 2

I bought my Tesla from Intelligent WS a year ago. Very helpful seller (had several questions) and he delivered according to promise (price, tax, shipping and so on). Got the tip here on the forum :-) Took 3 weeks from order to pick up.

At least to Europe they ship it to "local warehouses" in EU first and this is not seen in tracking imediatelly (the first part of the shipping). I saw it arrive there and just seem to hang at the warehouse a while and then boom suddenly it was very close to me once they got it on the truck :-)

Shipping to US from China might be trickier theses days with trade wars and whatnot i am guessing? Just a guess, maybe it doesnt affect small stores like Ali.

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, Marty Backe said:

I made a raw First Impressions video as I introduced myself to the Nikola

On the tesla the "dark mode" activates brake light. And shows battery on top.

The only one I use as there is no rear light :-)

• Like 2