Jump to content
Marty Backe

My 84-volt Nikola Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

after not riding for a couple weeks.

Rrrighht... Imagine my Bambi legs after not riding for three months during the winter... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

 

Well that was an amazing review with all that grunting I'm sure my girlfriend thought I was watching some porn😆

I'm glad you didn't edit all the footage of the rocks and where you got stuck etc ,when you got stuck in the mountains and I come across the house I thought you was going to meet the mafia and running to Pablo escobar's people 😆😆I do appreciate how hard it is holding the selfie stick trying to stay balanced and still getting us a camera view of your actions

I am liking the new specification of the Nikola 2100 watt hours but the round surface just put me off a bit as I am not keen on the round and the flashing lights, I'll see what the ks16x  has to offer before I make my mind up overall good video thanks.

you mention the Nikola plus having a new motor different from the 84v 1600 I can't seem to find it anywhere what is the difference

you definitely get a workout on the euc depending on what riding you do 😊

Edited by stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stephen said:

Well that was an amazing review with all that grunting I'm sure my girlfriend thought I was watching some porn😆

I'm glad you didn't edit all the footage of the rocks and where you got stuck etc ,when you got stuck in the mountains and I come across the house I thought you was going to meet the mafia and running to Pablo escobar's people 😆😆I do appreciate how hard it is holding the selfie stick trying to stay balanced and still getting us a camera view of your actions

I am liking the new specification of the Nikola 2100 watt hours but the round surface just put me off a bit as I am not keen on the round and the flashing lights, I'll see what the ks16x  has to offer before I make my mind up overall good video thanks.

you mention the Nikola plus having a new motor different from the 84v 1600 I can't seem to find it anywhere what is the difference

you definitely get a workout on the euc depending on what riding you do 😊

:roflmao:

Thanks :-)

The spec's are still a little unclear, but there seems to be a belief that the Plus has a more powerful motor. But I don't know.

Yes, the people who say these aren't a workout have never ridden one :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm envious that you've been able to enjoy the Nikola for so long while I thought I was happy with my wheel collection.

Ignorance is bliss as they say - imagine how sad and frustrated you would have been had you known beforehand that you we're missing out.. With the great trails and wheels you have access though (all year round at that!) I must say that your envy is misplaced and the situation is actually the reverse :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Rrrighht... Imagine my Bambi legs after not riding for three months during the winter... :rolleyes:

Amen to that, takes a while to build up the necessary muscles when spring comes. Next year I'll prepare with squats and other exercises before the season starts ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly feel for those with winter seasons.  I’m likely to move from SoCal before long but it’ll have to be Texas, Arizona or some other warm state.  Don’t think I could handle months with snow and no riding, unless I lived so close to mountains that I could ski regularly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Marty. Fantastic video, fantastic ride! And you seem to be raving over the Nikola like no other wheel. Looks like this one is the wheel for me, too. That offroad stuff in the second half is exactly the kind of thing I like to do. Some rough path into the unknown, and you're out of breath from all the pushing and wondering how bad it is going to get:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna watch the vid with my wife now. And see.. if she will become a believer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so anxious, can’t wait to ride my Nikola today. It’s brutal sitting here waiting on the FedEx guy to show up!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow, Marty. Fantastic video, fantastic ride! And you seem to be raving over the Nikola like no other wheel. Looks like this one is the wheel for me, too. That offroad stuff in the second half is exactly the kind of thing I like to do. Some rough path into the unknown, and you're out of breath from all the pushing and wondering how bad it is going to get:D

I actually think this is the wheel for you Meep. Of course you would want the 2100wh version :)

I like just about all wheels but I don't rave about them all. IMO the Nikola is a special wheel. There is the unknown 16X, but I can only talk about the wheels that are here and now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I’m so anxious, can’t wait to ride my Nikola today. It’s brutal sitting here waiting on the FedEx guy to show up!!!

Hopefully yours also arrives with ~50-percent charge. And don't forget to check the tire pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still want to know if there is a new motor in newer Nikolas (probably not) and the other hardware info (100V board used on the 84V?). I'd like an @EcoDrift disassembly of the 2100Wh ideally. And it feels dumb to not wait for the 16X impressions. And there's the price.

On the other hand, 2100Wh (you're so right about that!)... what's there to think about:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I still want to know if there is a new motor in newer Nikolas (probably not) and the other hardware info (100V board used on the 84V?). I'd like an @EcoDrift disassembly of the 2100Wh ideally. And it feels dumb to not wait for the 16X impressions. And there's the price.

On the other hand, 2100Wh (you're so right about that!)... what's there to think about:D

To 100v or not to 100v.
That is the question.

Meep where will you be ordering from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea where to buy from (depends on the price if I buy at all).

100V is sooo tempting (especially with the decent 18XX Wh size), but we lack info on the newer all-black 84V Nikolas (new board from the 100V used? new motor, if it exists, of the 100V used?). Also, can't argue with 2100Wh. At least I can't:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My reason for asking where you will buy from is because you and me are basically neighbours.
Finding a Nikola in Europe won't be easy so I think we will be stuck with Ali.

I can understand the 1600 -> 2100 if you are just getting more cheeseburgers.
And I can understand the 1600 -> 1230 loss. It's quite a chunk in %.
But 2100 -> 1845 and 84v -> 100v. Sure we're getting less burgers but they are Big Macs now.

If I take my fantasy range of 100km per 1600WH or 16WH per km.

Nikola 1600: 100km
Nikola 2100: 131km
Nikola 1230: 76km
Nikola 1845: 115km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My reason for asking where you will buy from is because you and me are basically neighbours.
Finding a Nikola in Europe won't be easy so I think we will be stuck with Ali.

I can understand the 1600 -> 2100 if you are just getting more cheeseburgers.
And I can understand the 1600 -> 1230 loss. It's quite a chunk in %.
But 2100 -> 1845 and 84v -> 100v. Sure we're getting less burgers but they are Big Macs now.

If I take my fantasy range of 100km per 1600WH or 16WH per km.

Nikola 1600: 100km
Nikola 2100: 131km
Nikola 1230: 76km
Nikola 1845: 115km

If you really want to ride off into the Sunset, you should be looking at the 2400wh Monster :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

If you really want to ride off into the Sunset, you should be looking at the 2400wh Monster :thumbup:

Fantasy range 150km! And a seat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Sure we're getting less burgers but they are Big Macs now.

:roflmao:

I understand you. The 100V 1845Wh is tempting with not so much less capacity than the 2100Wh 84V, and the sweet speed (and better oomph??).

We need more info on the bigger 84V Nikolas! Nikolae?

Buying: Ali, or these Polish guys.

I think regular EU prices will be hair-raising. Wouldn't mind a local dealer otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I ordered the Nikola Plus 100v from Ali about 10 days ago, still hasn't shipped.  They have two days to ship it before the order auto cancels and then it still has to make a journey across the sea.  I've never ordered from Ali but I went into this order knowing it would probably never make it to the US :p

This is the one I ordered but it seems he's since raised the price just a tad bit.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2019-Gotway-Nikola-Plus-Electric-unicycle-Upgraded-version-100V-1845wh-motor-2000W-Max-55km-h-Off/33031534122.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.556d4c4dnPpU2V

Edited by Jim Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

To make matters worse... look at this.

image.thumb.png.e3dd756131a095f0e48b4cd1c35653e4.png

image.thumb.png.d479637feeba9bcd633658b9fe97a973.png

Doesn't that 16x sweet😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My reason for asking where you will buy from is because you and me are basically neighbours.
Finding a Nikola in Europe won't be easy so I think we will be stuck with Ali.

I can understand the 1600 -> 2100 if you are just getting more cheeseburgers.
And I can understand the 1600 -> 1230 loss. It's quite a chunk in %.
But 2100 -> 1845 and 84v -> 100v. Sure we're getting less burgers but they are Big Macs now.

If I take my fantasy range of 100km per 1600WH or 16WH per km.

Nikola 1600: 100km
Nikola 2100: 131km
Nikola 1230: 76km
Nikola 1845: 115km

I'll try to do a range test with my 1230 100v version. Im guessing 40 to 50 miles. which is plenty for me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

I ordered the Nikola Plus 100v from Ali about 10 days ago, still hasn't shipped.  They have two days to ship it before the order auto cancels and then it still has to make a journey across the sea.  I've never ordered from Ali but I went into this order knowing it would probably never make it to the US :p

Which store? You should write them and ask. It took a while for them to ship my MSX as well. I am also a bit suspicious about the availability of the Nikola Plus. 

20 minutes ago, stephen said:

Doesn't that 16x sweet😊

Sure does! They say it won't be available for another month though. Maybe by then we will have seen some reviews.

6 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I'll try to do a range test with my 1230 100v version. Im guessing 40 to 50 miles. which is plenty for me..

I'm guessing the same. How much do you weigh and how fast do you ride?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...