The Attention Thread

tata

The grammar might be on me LOL. 

"HEY THERE'S THAT GUY ON THAT THING" reminds me that the other day I heard behind me "HOLY SHIT, IT'S ONE OF THOSE". The one I heard probably sounds better.:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That's it. I am going to wear a facem ask like this everytime I ride from now on. I am already getting the maximum attention so I don't care more. Hopefully I will get less interaction while others are busy choosing which part of me to look at(that's so weird to say lol). At least it shows that I don't want to talk, plus it looks cool.

71-NBvv7wfL._AC_SR520,480_.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Lol. I think it's funny that people get angry at EUCs. I can't imagine why anyone would care.

It's because people think that 1, their opinion count, and 2, the person they are expressing it about should hear it.  Mostly, they are wrong on both counts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, tata said:

That's it. I am going to wear a face mask like this everytime I ride from now on

I'm not sure that will stop unwanted comments.  Might even invite more

"Here come the lone Ranger, But Silver sure has changed"

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, tata said:

Is wearing a face mask bad or something? 

No, but if your not in China or Tokyo, you will look even more out of place, and give the Opinionators ( I made that word up) something else to opine about.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Smoother said:

No, but if your not in China or Tokyo, you will look even more out of place, and give the Opinionators ( I made that word up) something else to opine about.

There are actually a large number of people in Seattle that wear black or white masks like that. Nothing like in China but noticeable.   

@tata However I would recommend a full face helmet :) mostly for safety but also serves to cover your face. I personally wear a Fox Proframe I picked up at Evo over in Fremont. 

It’s surprising and scary the amount of EUC’rs I come across in Seattle without any head or other protection. :( 

Also @tata If you want to do some riding around Seattle with another euc’r shoot me a pm. I have been doing a evening ride after work almost every day since its been nice out. Couple of group rides on Saturdays as well. 

Like everyone, I've had numerous comments but two seem to stick out.  

Stopped at a light, a guy on the corner says be very careful, I had one of those until I had a massive fall. He pulls up his shirt and you can see surgical scars across his left shoulder.  Sobering. 

The second was a beautiful women that saw me trollying in the grocery store.  She said that she's seen me around and was happy to finally meet me. Small talk briefly before checking out.  I'm a happily married man, otherwise that would have been a great start!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, seage said:

I have a scar from tripping and falling while walking once. Its why i got an EUC. To avoid that deathsport. 

That's so true.  I was walking (argh!) with a friend through a park in Barcelona (gravel path)  She tripped over a raised man hole cover.  Went down like a sack of potatoes hurled off a truck.  She had more cuts and bruises (and gravel stuck in her palms) than I've ever had falling off an EUC.  Aother female friend was attending an event in a long evening gown.  Caught her heel in her dress, same potato sack scenario.  Another female friend tripped over a raised garden path, did a full on face plant.  People really do go down hard when walking is interrupted even momentarily. Silly girls should have worn wrist guards to do that "death sport"

Oops, thread derailed, again.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2