MSX handling second day

Cracka

1 hour ago, Cracka said:

Here's a video of the pedal dip I might have to redo it because I'm still a little bit unstable on the Wheel I've only been riding  it for 3 days. 

Also listen to the sound of the wheel there is like a slow pulsing sound in the motor is that normal. I'm such a delicate flower

I didn't hear anything unusual with the motor , Mmm the pedal dip does look likes it dips forward I'll go on mine tommow and see if i can replicate it with different turning styles , it comes that natural now i can't remember how i turn lol 

Edited by stephen

The sound is fine. Wheels just make strange sounds.

I don't see much dipping in the video (but there is some dipping). If you really can't fix it with a calibration (play around with that more), you'd need a new board (with a different sensor) to get rid of it. Contact your seller.

Your tire pressure seems quite low!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cracka said:

Here's a video of the pedal dip I might have to redo it because I'm still a little bit unstable on the Wheel I've only been riding  it for 3 days. 

Also listen to the sound of the wheel there is like a slow pulsing sound in the motor is that normal. I'm such a delicate flower

Nice video demonstration. Clearly there's much more of a dip than I would expect, from memory. As @stephen says, it's hard to remember exactly since riding is like walking for me.

I'll have to jump on mine and pay particular attention to what the pedals do.

Funny, your motor sounds a bit more like one of my ACM2's. Certainly not a problem. I think all wheels have their unique motor sound signatures.

I agree with @meepmeepmayer - your tire pressure is low, but maybe that's how you like it. Who am I to judge :)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Cracka said:

It's very interesting the issue you're having.

Now it's much clearer to see on the video what you're going through.

I'm impressed with those boots! 

47 minutes ago, stephen said:

Do your pedals have any inward angle on them they seem flat ,,, just wondered,, like in picture below... It's hard to tell from video but it looks flat

msuper-x-1600wh.jpg

That was my first spot, too!

Now I don't have any first hand experience with GW. But I would expect you to have a ride mode setting. Both KS and Inmotion do. 

To me it looks like how my Inmotion V8 behaved. The KS18L I have now doesn't dip as much. I had to recalibrate my V8 after a crash/punctue/tyre and tube change. Before I did that calibration, the V8 behaved very oddly. Dipping back and fourth at times sometimes not. 

Any GW guru might share more light on this, @Marty Backe

• Like 1

I started at 45psi then 40 then 35 and now I'm at 30 and like it better. Think that to low for a 200 pound rider.

I'm hook on riding this wheel, i sent the video to e-wheel were i bought it. I've got 55 miles on it and can manage the tilt better now but always notice it. I'm going to keep riding and see if i get used to it were i don't notice it anymore. In the meantime I'm going to purchase another wheel so I will always have a backup in case one of them goes down or needs to be shipped back For warranty. I'm looking at something on the other end of the spectrum that's quick and zippy. Mcm5 or the Mten3?

Edited by Cracka
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice video demonstration. Clearly there's much more of a dip than I would expect, from memory. As @stephen says, it's hard to remember exactly since riding is like walking for me.

I'll have to jump on mine and pay particular attention to what the pedals do.

Funny, your motor sounds a bit more like one of my ACM2's. Certainly not a problem. I think all wheels have their unique motor sound signatures.

I agree with @meepmeepmayer - your tire pressure is low, but maybe that's how you like it. Who am I to judge :)

Thanks for not judging I am an oddball

Edited by Cracka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Now I don't have any first hand experience with GW. But I would expect you to have a ride mode setting. Both KS and Inmotion do. 

To me it looks like how my Inmotion V8 behaved. The KS18L I have now doesn't dip as much. I had to recalibrate my V8 after a crash/punctue/tyre and tube change. Before I did that calibration, the V8 behaved very oddly. Dipping back and fourth at times sometimes not. 

Any GW guru might share more light on this, @Marty Backe

He already said that he's tried the three different pedals modes and the pedal calibration. I have to take him at his word. Because certainly in the softer modes there will be pedal dip.

OK, so I tested my MSX, paying particular attention to pedal dip. I get none. However, when I switch to Soft mode, the pedal dips as I turn in gentle circles like what you were doing.

So I have to wonder if you are not in soft mode? Sorry, it's not that I don't believe you, but I've never heard of this kind of failure mode and this appears to be your first Gotway wheel. You feel positive that you're in the Hard mode?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

He already said that he's tried the three different pedals modes and the pedal calibration. I have to take him at his word. Because certainly in the softer modes there will be pedal dip.

Somehow I missed that part, sorry. 

• Like 1

I have tried leisure medium and Sports all have the dip, it was in sports mode for the video. I've noticed when I hit the button to calibrate sometimes I have to hit it multiple times to get it to go into calibration mode so I did the same thing when switching modes I would tap the button at least three times and here the beep on the unicycle. The difference between the ride modes to me doesn't seem huge except for when I lean back for hard braking I noticed the unicycle will lean back farther  in soft mode and less in harder modes. I don't notice as much when accelerating because maybe I'm just not comfortable leaning too far forward yet. I think the next step is to have an experienced unicycle Rider test it out.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cracka said:

I think the next step is to have an experienced unicycle Rider test it out.

@Nick McCutcheon Might be able to help you out. At least he is the only San Diegan that has ridden a MSX. Otherwise, you might have to join an LA group ride with Marty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cracka said:

I have tried leisure medium and Sports all have the dip, it was in sports mode for the video. I've noticed when I hit the button to calibrate sometimes I have to hit it multiple times to get it to go into calibration mode so I did the same thing when switching modes I would tap the button at least three times and here the beep on the unicycle. The difference between the ride modes to me doesn't seem huge except for when I lean back for hard braking I noticed the unicycle will lean back farther  in soft mode and less in harder modes. I don't notice as much when accelerating because maybe I'm just not comfortable leaning too far forward yet. I think the next step is to have an experienced unicycle Rider test it out.

Unfortunately that's all I have for you. I'm out of ideas :(

1 hour ago, Cracka said:

How do you calibrate the wheel tell us the whole process just in case your missing something , is it actually caibrating, try calibrate an extreme position to see if it stays in that same extreme position then if it does set it back,, that's something else alimanated

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe the MSX side to side angle calibration can be double checked by observing the rear turning lights. Grab the trolley and walk behind it while turning the wheel and watch the turning lights.

Regarding the actual dipping, turn your wheel on and grab it by the handle. Lean it almost all the way to the side so your pedal is almost touching the floor. Now push forward. If your pedal is level at zero it should stay at zero. Now repeat the process carefully using the trolley handle. Be very careful because since you are applying pressure from another angle the wheel will want to accelerate and run away from you as it leans more to the side. I get no dipping or angle change no matter what I do and no matter which mode i'm in but it "feels" like a dip because of the acceleration out of a deep lean. I can tilt the MSX all the way to the side so that the edge of my pedal is flush with the floor.

64kg rider.
84v 1600wh MSX.
Pedals on hard mode and zero angle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stephen said:

That's strange because its keeping the calibration

Here's mike's video . He explains it we'll

Great video. Hey @Mike Sacristan, I missed this whenever you originally posted it. Always love your "brutally honest" style ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video. Hey @Mike Sacristan, I missed this whenever you originally posted it. Always love your "brutally honest" style ;)

Thanks Marty! I uploaded the vid real quick just before Zumba class this evening.
I made 3 vids today. One for carving and dipping which I made for this purpose. One for seated riding which I made to document my transitioning from standing to seating and the last one was of my wife and I riding together. I posted the last one to the video thread.

So @stephen found my recently uploaded clip on my channel and understood the relevance and linked it here! Thanks Stephen!

And thanks Marty for your kind words.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

So @stephen found my recently uploaded clip on my channel and understood the relevance and linked it here! Thanks Stephen

Thanks for the great video ,i hope it helps @Cracka dipping problem , hope you didn't mind the post i actually thought it would help in this thread,, credit to you @Mike Sacristan👍

• Like 2