Ninebot One: DO NOT UPDATE TO 1.2.6 FIRMWARE!

esaj

Duplicating this here, we now have several reports of Ninebot Ones turning off suddenly for no apparent reason while riding with firmware 1.2.6, and causing at least one broken wrist and other damages. After it turns off, people have had trouble getting it back on (or the motor just starts shaking back and forth). More information here:

This is disgraceful no major changes should be made without FULL disclosure. seller testing and then buyer agreement. Its like taking your car to the garage and the engineer tweaking the breaking system without telling you!

hi i am new here and from Germany.  I have the E+.  I did today a Update too....

and connect me my previous speaker. when i accelerating, i fall  forward and raided. The Ninebot has simply given up . No Stability .And I'm driving on the Leval  0. I wight 85 kg. pants, jacket broken. Abrasions on the hands and shoulder. But fortunately nothing brokenlegs or fingers... Never change a well-running system. Very Bad... Do you know what my Wife said? ;-) You know it

Thnx arni

I just checked the version. I have the 1.2.7.  today downloaded. As said, the forward resistance is significantly less than with Version before. I think 1.2.3. (last Version in the App) However, I can now turn easier.

Its quite a difference when you're used to a setting. Sorry to hear you bailed though. :(
Since companies lately tend to re-set settings after their app updates back to "phone home" and "share all my details with everybody" i made a habit of checking through the menus just to be sure its still how it should be and to find eventual new menus.. But its still annoying to find your settings altered after an update. <_<

I have a Ninebot one for 4 weeks and it was ok untill saturday morning. I installed the new firmwere 1.2.6  and after 10 minutes of riding  my Ninebot One  turn off suddenly for no apparent reason ...while riding : I fell and hit my Knee but I was very lucky as I didn't run very fast. My ninebot one  stuck and I could not restart it at all. It is out of warranty and I went to representatives .I was told that the motherboard broke down due to the new software. 

I think is not normal that a new softwere to be so dangerous and someone should give a report on and respond to these inconveniences which are so dangerous ! Take care and don't install the new firmweres : they are irresponsible people who allow such software publishing .

Sad about people being injured due to the v1.2.6 firmware.

On the other side, the v1.2.7 firmware is out now, and my NB1 E+ has never performed better. Smoother ride quality, faster top speed, faster cruise speed :wub:

It has been tested by some people in the "ninebot owners" group on Facebook now too, and there are no negative feedback or reports of unexpected shutdowns.

Removing the pinning/featuring in General discussion for this, as this isn't apparently an issue anymore (ie. the 1.2.6 -firmware isn't available anymore and the damage has already been done)?

• esaj unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

My NB1+ N10 running 1.2.7 and set to ride 0.

Is a bit juddery while still. Don't think its a problem just a bit annoying and I am sure it would consume more power while on this setting unless riding of course.

Currently I am very comfy on ride #4 on both rough and smooth terrain. Will probably move up to 3 as time passes.

Thats kind of stupid.... Im going to be testing when i have more time, Going to try and ride on 3/4 later this week 

should not have updated till the weekend. I dont feel safe enough to get by in the city now... 

What are your speed settings? I put mine on 10 thats all it can do now. 

My level ride is 6 and I am runing  at the maximum speed...

I think I' ll use the level number 4 in the future but for the moment they did not fix my ninebot one yet. I am waiting for more than 2 weeks and I think is not ok...

Archived