Choose the finish you'd prefer on your 16X  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which 16X finish do you prefer?

• Carbon-fiber with dark gray side panels
    • Carbon-fiber with all black side panels
    • Black matte with dark gray side panels
    • Black matte with all black side panels

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I really like the Z10 look. I think the carbon fiber look provides enough contrast with black side panels. But if they don't go with the carbon fiber, than I agree that the black with gray sides is a nice look.

I agree, I'm fine with the original look they have been showing, but adding the carbon fiber look is pretty sweet, but if it caused a delay then I would say go with the original look.

15 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Wow, they haven't even decided on the look yet?  These will be here just in time for Christmas :facepalm:

Maybe that's easy to change last minute before the production starts. After all, finishing choices do not need any iterative testing for reliability and safety, I assume :smartass:

44 minutes ago, stephen said:

Rubber black around the sides and carbon fibre left and right panels like the Z10 is that an option that can be added 😊

This is the best option imho if only matte black, carbon, and grey can be put anywhere.

It really doesn't matter all that much to me. But it would be cool if you could order side panels is select colours. My preferred metallic red. 

Also I prefer as surface that can be suction cup friendly. 

I just hope they have decided either way into for my later summer holidays 😎🎄

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Also I prefer as surface that can be suction cup friendly. 

Do you just like the surface or do you actually stick something to it 😊

12 minutes ago, stephen said:

Do you just like the surface or do you actually stick something to it 😊

I am thinking any mounts, action cam or light works better on smooth surfaces. Either by suction cup or sticky tape. Why I like suction cups, is they are not permanent and easy to test best optionals for placements. 

Plus an even surface is easier to paint or warp if someone wants to do that at some point.

We have seen som cool and very nice jobs done by @Marty Backe, @Rehab1 and @Lutalo lately. 

Edited by Unventor
I know there was a joke underline, but I decided to go with argument to my suggestion
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am thinking any mounts, action cam or light works better on smooth surfaces. Either by suction cup or sticky tape. Why I like suction cups, is they are not permanent and easy to test best optionals for placements. 

Plus an even surface is easier to paint or warp if someone wants to do that at some point.

We have seen som cool and very nice jobs done by @Marty Backe, @Rehab1 and @Lutalo lately. 

All makes sense now 😊😊👍

• Like 1

So @Jason McNeil now we just need to come up with a cool solution to a practical seat design.

Either like Big pedals by Jason or DIY easy to make if case KS don't what money 😏

I almost forgot about cover too... But I guess we have a plan B for that or @The Fat Unicyclist

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Not to jack the thread but I have been 3D printing mounts that can attach and be easily removed my my V8. Here is the latest one I was using before I returned my GoPro Hero7 Black for an Insta360 One X. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3454222

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, prasket said:

Not to jack the thread but I have been 3D printing mounts that can attach and be easily removed my my V8. Here is the latest one I was using before I returned my GoPro Hero7 Black for an Insta360 One X. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3454222

Just got a printer not to long ago that helped with some wheel things like an innertube change. I printed the tire levers to help with the removal. Thinking about printing a cup holder (because why not) that squeezes onto the seat of the monster right at the front. Than maybe something similar for the rear as a mudguard. You can truly customize these wheels with this tech. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2573159

17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

They need to make all those options, and bright colors too and sell them separately. Tons of money to be made in accessories! 

Exactly. Perfect example: @EUC GUY mods and designs. Plenty of creative and engineering potential from this community. Theses brands haven't really consider this yet but maybe it can be turning point with the 16x.

2 hours ago, Jim Martin said:

Wow, they haven't even decided on the look yet?  These will be here just in time for Christmas :facepalm:

They just need to know what color spray paint and side pads to include with your kit. ( only kiddin Jason)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

"Good design is honest design" - Dieter Rams

If it's not really carbon fiber, it shouldn't look like carbon fiber. That's just fakery. 

I agree with this. Fake carbon fibre looks cheap. Might look cool on photos but in real life and after some scratches it just looks fake and cheap. 

But it is a good idea to have some other textured finish to hide scuffs and scratches. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1