EUC mileage from factory or 2nd hand

rinzler

Hi all,

I was wondering about a second euc recently and it got me wondering about mileage.

I know there are threads with how many miles people have done and it seems this, like for a car is a big deciding factor in purchasing. 

Is the app info on an euc mileage (gotway in my case) something that is always fact?  I.e is it like a car odometer which cant be reset our tampered with (by joe public).

So if i bought a brand new euc i can expect 300-800metres on the clock which is their quality control.  Is that correct or is there the possibility that they could clock 5 or 10miles or even more and then reset the odometer/ mileage. 

I'm curious as it emphasises the importance of picking a good seller and or accepting that the true mileage is more a measure of different aspects off the when (rider weight, terrain, mileage etc).

Thoughts? 

I believe only the manufacturers can reset the mileage counter, if at all. And putting in a new board will reset it, of course.

Count your mileage in charge cycles (total mileage divided by the max range). That's what counts, the batteries are the thing that gets old first. The rest of the wheel is extremely long-lasting.

16 hours ago, rinzler said:

Hi all,

I was wondering about a second euc recently and it got me wondering about mileage.

I know there are threads with how many miles people have done and it seems this, like for a car is a big deciding factor in purchasing. 

Is the app info on an euc mileage (gotway in my case) something that is always fact?  I.e is it like a car odometer which cant be reset our tampered with (by joe public).

So if i bought a brand new euc i can expect 300-800metres on the clock which is their quality control.  Is that correct or is there the possibility that they could clock 5 or 10miles or even more and then reset the odometer/ mileage. 

I'm curious as it emphasises the importance of picking a good seller and or accepting that the true mileage is more a measure of different aspects off the when (rider weight, terrain, mileage etc).

Thoughts? 

:roflmao::laughbounce2:

Oh how I wish there was quality control. At least with Gotway. I'm not even sure they turn the wheels on before throwing them in a box.

In my opinion you can trust the mileage reported by the app. Unless the control board has been swapped out of the wheel, the reported distance is correct.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:roflmao::laughbounce2:

Oh how I wish there was quality control. At least with Gotway. I'm not even sure they turn the wheels on before throwing them in a box.

In my opinion you can trust the mileage reported by the app. Unless the control board has been swapped out of the wheel, the reported distance is correct.

That sounds very much like the voice of possibly painful experience!

I mentioned that number range as i noticed mine a 0.5km on the clock when i got it. I assume that was there little obstacle course qc I've seen on YouTube (not necessarily GW but some euc company).

And it's also why i wondered if it was possible to clock them like older cars.  I like 'new new' things. 

As for the joke of their QC, it seems fine to me.. but this coming from bitter and consistent misery of deal with Nike quality control (my most recent pick up has a wonky 'E' in NIKE...you know, only their own logo! :blink1:

The QC point does make me wonder whether I should open the unit to check what it all kooks like inside (I saw a youtube guy do that). Maybe even use some blue loctite on the screws and put lithium grease on the annoyingly squeaky peddles. 

Is that the done thing for GW wheels?

• Like 1

How does one verify the mileage of a newly purchased "used" wheel?  Just bought an inmotion G3, but the previous owner did not know how much it had been used.  Her husband bought it on ebay from someone else.  Is there a way, either through the inmotion app or another phone app to get the info?

14 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Any app will show the total mileage. Start with the official Inmotion app.

What's always been interesting is that there is a huge mileage discrepancy between the total mileage displayed in the Inmotion app vs DarknessBot. I wonder how this is being calculated in DarknessBot?  DarknessBot is showing a lot less mileage for my V8.  @Ilya Shkolnik

Edited by HarpMudd

2 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

What's always been interesting is that there is a huge mileage discrepancy between the total mileage displayed in the Inmotion app vs DarknessBot. I wonder how this is being calculated in DarknessBot?  DarknessBot is showing a lot less mileage for my V8.  @Ilya Shkolnik

Total mileage value on Inmotion is computable value

Never mind. I was able to locate it.  66km if the app is to be believed.  I put another 31km on it yesterday and another 15km this morning before work...  First outdoor ride on an EUC (just been practicing in my basement), legs are very sore, but I'm still all smiles and definitely hooked.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:00 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Isn't it right on the app start screen? What app are you using?

inmotion app.  have to swipe left...or right..can't remember, from the screen that first loads.  The screen you see when you first load it up is just the speed/range/battery life info.  overall usage is on a different screen.