Colestien

42 here... rode it around the workplace parking lot one time and one of my co-workers that saw me walked by me in the hallway the next day.  He just just said straight out... Crazy machine you were riding.. Mid Life crisis huh?  I go... uhhh yeah I guess so and kept walking..lol

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AlanR said:

Reading some previous comments in this thread reminds me that when I rode my EUC through the University enroute to the river bank, I did not have one question about my EUC from the students; however I had 2 middle aged men and similar aged women show plenty of interest!! [over the 7 week period I had the EUC functional!]

As asked above, why so little interest by the young?

Yep, similar experience here, teens ask what the price is, twens look at you like I just escaped the looney bin, +40s start asking Qs

could be the bias is the age of the EUC rider though

Just had a thought along that line @Jurgen.  New things are a Wonder.  Those that are younger have lived with Wonder most of their lives.  Most can't even remember the days when there wasn't cell phones and internet.   A light weight one person transport to me is a Wonder.   To the younger folk it is something along the line of.... That's Cool, let me now when it flies.  Good side of that; They believe it will get better, expect it to get better and with that it will.

6 hours ago, Norwich Girl said:

I'm 58 and I like riding it because I'm a big kid. Never had enough money when I was young but now I have! Also I have dodgy knees and dont like walking, and also...it just looks so bloody cool! :-)

Couldn't say it better Norwich Girl; my family think I'm mad and verging on senility!  

Now I am planning a kayaking trip in Papua [not the first]; the family may have me committed.

11 minutes ago, AlanR said:

Couldn't say it better Norwich Girl; my family think I'm mad and verging on senility!  

Now I am planning a kayaking trip in Papua [not the first]; the family may have me committed.

My father passed a couple months ago at the young age of 92.  He would have jumped on this thing in a heartbeat.  I say do it while your legs still hold you up, because some day they won't.

44 minutes ago, micro said:

My father was born in 1898 and died when I was 13. :)

I'm sorry to hear that.  Yes, I was blessed with many years of having him around.  He was a good man, as I'm sure your father was.

I'm nearly 53 and waiting for my first EUC to arrive (an Inmotion V3). I actually needed a new bicycle for my 10 min. way to work. Browsing the net for that, I stumbled upon EUCs ... and since bicycles are stolen so often here in Berlin, and since I have to leave it outside at night (not wanting to take it up the stairs to the 4th floor and taking up room) - I figured I might just try an EUC that I can take into our flat. I'm a bit horrified now after reading about all those accidents here, being afraid to break some of my bones learning this ... luckily I have some bumper areas at my age ;-) (which I hope will melt away if I get addicted to that machine and get some more exercise). But since I'm used to ride a bicycle and also had a motorcycle for some years I hope I'll get the hang of it rather quickly.

5 hours ago, Achim63 said:

(not wanting to take it up the stairs to the 4th floor and taking up room)...  ...But since I'm used to ride a bicycle and also had a motorcycle for some years I hope I'll get the hang of it rather quickly.

I think you'll learn it and love it, but it's no joke carrying 30 lbs up 4 flights of stairs.  Any elevators?

10 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I think you'll learn it and love it, but it's no joke carrying 30 lbs up 4 flights of stairs.  Any elevators?

Unfortunately not, we're living in one of those Art Nouveaux houses that are so common in Berlin. But I'm used to lug 10 kg cat litter bags up here and also intend to lose another 10 kg myself as compensation (down 8 kg already ...). So it's a price I'm willing to pay for the ease of mind and the new "toy".

Thanks for the encouragement!

I find the EUC is a lot easier to carry up stairs if you tuck it under your arm and grab it under the pedal or the outer shell near the bottom. The Ninebot handles have been notorious for breaking off so you probably don't want to test them too much.

On Tuesday, December 01, 2015, Colestien said:

Just had a thought along that line @Jurgen.  New things are a Wonder.  Those that are younger have lived with Wonder most of their lives.  Most can't even remember the days when there wasn't cell phones and internet.   A light weight one person transport to me is a Wonder.   To the younger folk it is something along the line of.... That's Cool, let me now when it flies.  Good side of that; They believe it will get better, expect it to get better and with that it will.

you're right it will get better, better motor, better batt, better gyro, better software, etc. (better Q control...). This is just the beginning of personal transportation, the future is electric.

I wonder what Bosch, BMW, Ducati, Dyson, etc. could do with the EUC concept.....at min 3x the current price.

Archived