Painted Kingsong 18L

I really love your personal touch. 👌Really like the part of rim paint job too. 

My KS18L does show a little winter wear due to salts on the road. 

I wish I had that level of skills. 😔

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:18 AM, tsquaremedia said:

I really wasn't feeling the stock white colour of the 18L so I decided to change it up and make it pop! Took me 2 days to complete the teardown, painting and assembly.

Looks great! I also painted mine, as I was changing a tyre and though it's a good opportunity to refresh the look of my wheel :-) It doesn't look as nice as yours, but mine was significantly scratched (it has almost 7000 km on the clock) so now looks much better than two days ago :)

20190530-202519.thumb.jpg.c63f461853ea664af92057974240f1af.jpg

• Like 3

:D

8 minutes ago, Seba said:

Looks great! I also painted mine, as I was changing a tyre and though it's a good opportunity to refresh the look of my wheel :-) It doesn't look as nice as yours, but mine was significantly scratched (it has almost 7000 km on the clock) so now looks much better than two days ago :)

Your new paint job makes your pedals look suddenly out of place, like a tramp at a black tie event.:D

FYI, they still look better than mine.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Your new paint job makes your pedals look suddenly out of place, like a tramp at a black tie event.:D

Yes I know :D But when pedals are extended, all scratches become invisible :) And painting it makes no sense as I scratch the pedals every day in tight turns :P

6 minutes ago, Smoother said:

FYI, they still look better than mine.

Two cans of acryl spray and your wheel will look great again :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Yes I know :D But when pedals are extended, all scratches become invisible :) And painting it makes no sense as I scratch the pedals every day in tight turns :P

Two cans of acryl spray and your wheel will look great again :D

If I wasn't so lazy I would have done it already :huh:

EDIT, however, In a country where EUC are illegal and where I practice an active policy of "blending into the background" when the police appear, painting my wheel a bight color MIGHT be counter productive.  And since it's already mat black, it seems I have the right color for my situation already.  One day I'll get around to switching the disco lights off too :D

Edited by Smoother

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That is really well done! The rim gives it nice optical balance.

Could you tell what color types/brands you used, if people want to try the same?

I just bought Painter's Touch 2X Satin Rustic Orange spray paint from my local Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/painter-s-touch-2x-satin-rustic-orange-340g/1001047928

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Seba said:

I'm digging the colour! 

6 hours ago, Mimetic Polyalloy said:

Good looking wheel you have now. Did you have to do some special preparation on the shell or just pop off the cap and spray? :efef2e0fff:

All I did for prep was give it a light sand so the paint can stick better to the shell and added a couples clear coats.