For those that have multiple wheels, organized storage solution??

photorph

If you have more than 3 wheels, how do you store them?  I have a small bedroom I can dedicate to my wheels.  I want it to be like a showroom.  

Will have 3 EUCs, 2 Onewheel’s,  2 electric longboards, and one electric scooter.  

Photos of your set up would be cool too.

• Upvote 1

You could start with some 3D printed EUC stands. I only have one EUC right now as pictured but ordering my second one next month. :) 

99A70D10-F618-4D49-8159-40045667753C.jpeg

Probably help you if I added the model in case you have a 3D Printer or know someone who has. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2860951

Edited by prasket
Added url
  • Upvote 1

jqRDgci_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fI wanted something fancy looking presentation wise, maybe something like this but with EUCs, Onewheel’s, and esk8.

Edited by photorph
  • Like 1

I have been thinking a lot about this topic as well but don't have anything to show, yet. I personally don't have a spare room to dedicate to it and would like to do something in my entry and/or main living space but which would display the PEVs as a 'feature' versus merely storing them. And I'm a renter so that limits my options for building onto the walls.

I've been thinking of vertical industrial tension rods (like used to hang drywall) with hooks/mounts of some sort, as well as looking at various closet organization systems which mount with vertical poles (or perhaps using parts from the latter in conjunction with the former tension rods).

Alternatively on the easy end there are things like this: https://amazon.com/dp/B0178QBDP4 --which I still think can look better than a lot of the janky stuff people seem to DIwhy.

Edited by AtlasP

44 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

I have been thinking a lot about this topic as well but don't have anything to show, yet. I personally don't have a spare room to dedicate to it and would like to do something in my entry and/or main living space but which would display the PEVs as a 'feature' versus merely storing them. And I'm a renter so that limits my options for building onto the walls.

I've been thinking of vertical industrial tension rods (like used to hang drywall) with hooks/mounts of some sort, as well as looking at various closet organization systems which mount with vertical poles (or perhaps using parts from the latter in conjunction with the former tension rods).

Alternatively on the easy end there are things like this: https://amazon.com/dp/B0178QBDP4 --which I still think can look better than a lot of the janky stuff people seem to DIwhy.

That triple guitar stand if it actually fits 3 will still look better than just laying them on the floor.

I use the Amazon basics guitar stand...I have three of them and while they are quite heavy, they need to be heavy for our 50 pound wheels.

Do be mindful with standing an EUC up in the back of a car, as one of mine was accidentally triggered upright, bounced around, and set off my fire extinguisher.

On 5/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, AtlasP said:

I decided to try the guitar stand solution temporarily, but I went with a different brand because the shape of the prongs seemed to make more sense for the shape of our wheels: https://amazon.com/dp/B01G4B2X2Q

We'll see how it turns out.

How did this work out?  

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

@AtlasP @z3n Nice parking setups! What really caught my eye is how sparkling clean your wheels are. You just shamed me into cleaning mine. Good job for my wife.:

Agreed, clean!

6 hours ago, photorph said:

Looks nice, what stands are those?

3D printed EUC stands. What I like about them is the simple yet minimalist look with being flexible where you put them on your floor. No more fixed corner for my wheels! :whistling:

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@AtlasP @z3n Nice parking setups! What really caught my eye is how sparkling clean your wheels are. You just shamed me into cleaning mine. Good job for my wife.:

It's all about image. We are celebrities while on our wheels. :efee6b18f3:

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 3:53 AM, photorph said:

How did this work out?  

Uggh. So it came and overall is a nice solution, but part of the one I received was bent (shipping damage or manufacturing defect) so I'm returning/refunding it while ordering another (actually ordering the original amazon one). Now more waiting.

Edited by AtlasP

On 5/29/2019 at 10:01 PM, AtlasP said:

I decided to try the guitar stand solution temporarily, but I went with a different brand because the shape of the prongs seemed to make more sense for the shape of our wheels: https://amazon.com/dp/B01G4B2X2Q

We'll see how it turns out.

I had a guitar stand for a single instrument so i'm using that for the moment, it's built mostly by light metal like aluminium with rubber plating here and there, it's ok for the Z10 

8 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Here's my setup made of 4040 aluminum extrusion. Everything slides around and can be tightened anywhere. The charging cables are retractable and has a power/current meter. 

Ok, that's sexy AF. How about making a youtube guide on building such a setup or at least a more thorough tour of it? :-) (Did you buy the 4040 in the specific lengths you needed or cut them down? How does one do that? How did you do the cable retraction? How did you do the power/current meter integration? etc)

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my replacement guitar stand and it holds the V8 fine but the very first time I put the heavier V10F on it it bent one of the prongs to hell. It's actually still usable like that, but it bugs me, and honestly I can't really recommend it as a solution for any wheel over 30 or 35 pounds. Maybe some guitar stands are stronger than others, but it makes sense that most guitars are still way lighter than 45+ pound wheels so most such stands probably aren't such a good idea for heavier wheels. Back to the drawing board.