E Fork Exploring - S. California - 01Jun2019

Who wants to join me on another adventure in the San Gabriel Mountains? This time we start at the E Fork Road. From there we will take Shoemaker Canyon Road and visit the Tunnels

11209441_10153349277251484_9121061681568

After the eventual dead end we'll return to E Fork Road and continue exploring to the East as we travel to Mt Baldy for lunch.

NOTE: I've edited this post, changing the departure location

We will meet here for a departure: https://goo.gl/maps/UHPEPzigAzzuWTVNA  There is zero cell phone coverage. Note that you will require approximately 45-minutes to drive here from the intersection of the 210 & 605 freeways. So please plan accordingly. Use Google if necessary to estimate your travel time. We can't wait for you since we won't know if you are late or just decided not to come. I'm looking at you @who_the :)

Even if this specific area has no parking, please meet here first so we can relocate as a group if necessary. Ask me if you have any questions.

This is forest service land so parking requires a Forest Adventure Pass. A day pass can be purchased at Big 5 Sporting Goods or elsewhere, for $5.

pass-sign.jpg

f3f4471c-6205-4c57-8942-69933bc9f780?siz

The ride will start ~9am on Saturday June 1st. Bring plenty of water, some potential energy food, clothes layers (check the weather), etc.

This ride is only for 1600wh or greater wheels. Bring a charger (preferably a fast charger) so that you can top off your wheel while we eat lunch at Mt Baldy.

This should be another memorable ride. Hope to see you there.

@enigma35 @HeavyGoing @Marvin Ong @Mushuukyou @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel @Questor @Roll Model @Mike Hanna @Jon Sawa @serfy @swvision @Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan

@Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear  @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Dave U @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas  @BlackOutEX @Freewheeler @TomM @tihoa @Ferreal@Austin @Ben Richards

@noisycarlos @Tanabe @Dzlchef @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @mark chanya @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, who_the said:

98 percent sure I'll be in LA next weekend and riding. Would love to join for this ride.

Fantastic. Keep me appraised. I think you'll love this ride. But please, don't bring any rain this time, OK?

;)

1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

Another that I'll miss, out of state. Drats!

One of these days. Your 16S wouldn't make it anyway, but hopefully sometime in August.

Damn! I could do it if you switched the ride to Sunday😎, but gotta work on Saturday ...😫 Looks like Miles and Jesse may be coming down this weekend. They're looking to do a Long Beach night ride on Saturday...Maybe I can make that one...Either way, all this riding and missing out on more riding and planning more riding has me wanting to quit working and become an EUC bum.  Is there such a thing yet? LoL

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Damn! I could do it if you switched the ride to Sunday😎, but gotta work on Saturday ...😫 Looks like Miles and Jesse may be coming down this weekend. They're looking to do a Long Beach night ride on Saturday...Maybe I can make that one...Either way, all this riding and missing out on more riding and planning more riding has me wanting to quit working and become an EUC bum.  Is there such a thing yet? LoL

Yeah, we can't make all the rides, that's for sure. As it is right now, I can maybe only get away one day a week. I can only do Saturday, but you can plan your own group ride too :)

Yeah, @who_the already responded to this thread. Looks like he wants to visit the tunnels :thumbup:

Actually, I'm thinking of making an adjustment to this ride, particularly if Jesse does join us. I'm thinking that we all meet on E. Fork road and travel all the trails on the northern section of the mountain valley and go all the way to Mt Baldy. Enjoy a nice lunch and recharge, and come back like we did before but take the trail down at the end. This might be even a more epic ride then the last one.

If you do come Jesse, bring your fast charger on the ride.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, we can't make all the rides, that's for sure. As it is right now, I can maybe only get away one day a week.

Yeah, @who_the already responded to this thread. Looks like he wants to visit the tunnels :thumbup:

Actually, I'm thinking of making an adjustment to this ride, particularly if Jesse does join us. I'm thinking that we all meet on E. Fork road and travel all the trails on the northern section of the mountain valley and go all the way to Mt Baldy. Enjoy a nice lunch and recharge, and come back like we did before but take the trail down at the end. This might be even a more epic ride then the last one.

If you do come Jesse, bring your fast charger on the ride.

That's badass! Hope he and Miles do this ride! They will love it. Too good to pass up the opportunity to ride it with no cars like we had it (assuming that it's still closed to car traffic next weekend). Doesn't get much more epic than that was! 😎

• Like 2

This ride sounds awesome.  We used to do these "shuttle" rides back when I was light enough to mountain bike. 

All I need is a 1600wh wheel and a new job (I work weekends) :roflmao:

I live viciously when the ride hits YouTube! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flying W said:

This ride sounds awesome.  We used to do these "shuttle" rides back when I was light enough to mountain bike. 

All I need is a 1600wh wheel and a new job (I work weekends) :roflmao:

I live viciously when the ride hits YouTube! 

I have a 1600wh wheel for sale, but I can't help you regarding the job ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I have a 1600wh wheel for sale, but I can't help you regarding the job ;)

If you can help me with a job I'll move from UK to America enjoy all that sunny riding weather , Shall i start packing👍

• Like 2

Would LOVE TO :w00t2: but...I live in Sweden :ph34r:

Enjoy the ride. I will have to suffice with 15°C beach/town runs on the Tesla until it heats up a bit here :-) 

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

I'd love to join on the Long Beach ride if you have a group going.  Send me details if you're looking for other riders to join, please!

Tim

7 hours ago, Tim Koffler said:

I'd love to join on the Long Beach ride if you have a group going.  Send me details if you're looking for other riders to join, please!

Tim

I saw a post on Facebook LA Esk8 group that Sawyer Reynolds was putting together a ride. I assume he'll post about it there. @who_the Have you heard anything about a Saturday night Long Beach area ride? Thx! 

On 5/27/2019 at 12:25 PM, Marty Backe said:

We can't wait for you since we won't know if you are late or just decided not to come. I'm looking at you @who_the :)

Ruthless, this Marty guy, throwing the guy under the bus who's driving 400 miles to join! LOL I know, I know, no hard feelings, if you need to roll out I'll just track you down and drain the Slime out of your tire. 😎

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Frear said:

Sounds like a fun ride, but my Z10 won't make it and I can't afford to buy Marty's 1600wh wheel. 

I just don't have that good a credit rating with my wife.

For you, I'll sell it for $800. Does that help ;)

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Pictures from the ride

47986324567_0b5f2fb3bf_b.jpg

Reminds me of stickers i used to have on motorbikes in the young days (scratch covers lol). A few that come to mind...

"This tyre is not flat officer, its BACK TO BASICS"

"P.I.G. Police Investigation Group"

"Over the edge, into the hedge"

Needless to say, one felt pretty "hunted" in the teens. Now i guess they have more alarming issues to consider ;-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...