Front Range Colorado?

I am a newbie, so much so I don’t even have my first wheel. I have one on order however. Hoping to meet some folks who wheel and can help show me the ropes. I have a varied background playing with all kinds of toys. Moto’s , mountain bikes, surfing, skateboarding etc.   So, anyone on the Front Range want to get together and give me the inside track?  I ordered a KS18XL. After I conquer the learning curve I will down for some rolling. Located in Golden. 

Cheers! 

Steve

• Like 1

Hey Steve, I’m not too far from you and recently started riding. I have a Solowheel glide v3. I can tell you about my learning process so far and my safety gear that has been growing as I’ve improved.  

Fred

• Upvote 1

Hey Fred,

Thanks for reaching out. My wheel is due to ship Monday or Tuesday is my understanding. Maybe I ll get it in time for next weekend. I ll reach out once I have the wheel and some time to check it out.

S~

I’ve seen some wheels around Boulder the past few weeks so I know there are others around.  The people I’ve seen look very experienced, one looked to be recording video while entering Boulder down the 36 bike path which is fairly steep. 

• Like 1

i currently have a ninebot e+.  but would be down for a ride if you don't mind riding with a slower wheel. mine tops out at 13mph. My sister lives by green mountain, and I like to run trails in Golden, so I'm often in the area

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My wheel has arrived! I ll start playing with it tomorrow night when I get back from my work trip. Give me a couple of weeks of trial and error and I ll be good to go. It would be good for me to learn from more experienced riders. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Graniteone said:

My wheel has arrived! I ll start playing with it tomorrow night when I get back from my work trip. Give me a couple of weeks of trial and error and I ll be good to go. It would be good for me to learn from more experienced riders. 

I don't know quite how others learned to ride. I learned on a pedal unicycle first, and so I just jumped on the electric one and went. However, the best way to learn to ride, to me, seems to be the riding on one foot method. Maybe give it a try and see how it goes.

Got out for the first time on my KS 18XL new wheel. I stood on it in my garage for 15 mins and rocked back and forth. Never tried one before. I am sure I ve watched a doz or two EUC videos at this point. Took it to an empty parking lot 20 mins away and started from the back of my pick up. I was able to do some large figure eights and felt pretty comfortable turning right more than left so I concentrated on doing circles going left. Spent about an hour rolling around. Mounts and dismounts are coming along. I ll have some time tomorrow and Sunday to get more familiar. Pretty cool toy thus far. 

• Upvote 1

sounds like your well on your way.  I spent a few hours in a park, starting in grass then moving to sidewalk.  I used a bike stand in the park to get on until I was able to feel like I could go, stop and turn ok, then worked on getting on without a crutch.  Getting on remains challenge.  Lately I've been working on going real slow, turns and generally loosing up rather than remaining tense.  Another thing I have not figured out is if I prefer to keep my legs straight or with a slight bend to absorb bumps.  I'm sure it will all improve in time.  Looking forward to moving backwards as well :D

• Upvote 1

Ok, spent a few hours riding around this weekend. I have about 30 km of riding. The learning curve is steep but rewarding. My KS18XL has a speed limiter that I am bouncing against way too much and is rather annoying. I probably shouldn’t push it much beyond where I am at but I am getting pretty comfortable with cruising, stopping and starting without grabbing the wheel. Rode some steepish hills to see how I and the wheel handled it with no issue other than the initial pucker. I think I would be fine on a bike path at this point but a tight sidewalk would make me nervous. I need more practice for sure. Oh and the battery is still showing a ton of rideable battery. 

• Like 1

steve,

you probably already know but you're wheel unlocks at 125 miles to 30 mph. you will get there in no time.  Enjoy the process, those first moments of learning are great milestones. You got a great wheel.

Today I started to feel much more confident on the KS18XL, tomorrow after work I am going to venture out of the business park I have been practicing around and try to rack up some mileage on a bike path in Golden that leads to Denver so I can get closer to unlocking this wheel. Longest ride to date is 10 miles. Tomorrow I am shooting for 20ish. Anyone want to go for a ride and watch me wobble is more than welcome. 

Impressive. My best so far is just about 10 miles.  20 is probably beyond my feet, legs, and wheel limits 😜

I’m planning on riding part of the way into work tomorrow into Boulder.  Hope the cyclist don’t mind sharing.  😳

My bike path ride was uneventful, my wife came with me and rode her Segway Mini Pro. Her toy only goes 14 miles to 16 miles at around 10mph.  We rode 14 miles.  All good fun. I ll continue to keep pushing the miles up to unlock this thing. The speed limiter is really driving me nuts however. I am staying off my MSX till I rack up the miles and unlock this wheel. This weekend I ll plug in another 30-40 miles for sure. 

Hi, I got my v8 a week before I received my m super. I practice in the hall because I was waiting for my wheel cover to come in. Eventually I broke down and cut up some old jeans and wrapped them around the wheel and went to the basketball court. The 16 inch wheel is so easy to turn, I spent about a hr in the court before I was ready to get out and about. The m super is the bomb. I will be getting rid of my motorcycle between euc and e boards it's a everyday adventure, no more stop and go traffic except for work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling good on both the KS18XL and  the MSX. Rolled a bunch on both over at the Coors Tech Center in Golden.  Place is pretty empty on the weekends and evenings , fun place for now to roll around. Found an off road trail that is pretty tame that leads to a mtn bike pump track for kids which is fun.  Anyone interested in joining me let me know. 

S~

• 2 years later...

Hey are you guys still interested in a meetup? I am saving up and in a few weeks I think im going to get a Sherman veteran. I would love to hang out with some of you guys and learn the ropes while I wait. :D

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...