Z10 tire alteratives

Lefteris

Hello

I've searched the interwebz for tire replacement of my Z10 in case something happens.

I've seen prices from 120€ to even 160€

But.. I've also found this https://u.lefteros.com/2Iargbp

Which is the same 18 inch tire but 4.1 in width. I know that it won't fit but, if there are alternatives like the ones CST makes maybe there is one for our wheel too.

opinions thoughts and or links? Highly appreciated...

• Like 1

Funnily enough I have been looking into this quite a bit over the last couple of days. I don't need a new tyre yet but at some point...

You need to remember that when looking at motorbike tyres you need to look at wheel diameter not tyre diameter. This is why I have been researching tyres in the 14" range because I think that is what the Z wheel is although I am not 100% sure. I need to pull the covers off and have a proper measure.

On top of that, most motorcycles tyres are listed in mm for their width. Further, the Z has a VERY low profile sidewall and I am not sure what size this is yet but the lowest I can find so far in a 4" wide (100mm) low profile is 60 profile. Therefore, we are looking at something like a 100/60-14. This size is available but as I say I am not sure if the profile and diameter is correct at this time.

CST do not market the original NB tyre themselves. However I am quietly confident that there will be something, somewhere out there that we can replace it with should we need to (and the outrageous NB price is enough of a 'need' IMO).

Of course there are other possible factors to consider - NB may have commissioned CST to manufacture the tyre with a skinnier carcass than say a scooter needs in which case the NB tyre would truly be proprietary. But I am not convinced of this. The only way of finding out is to weigh both and if close enough, ride with it and see how it feels. This 'guinea pig' approach wouldn't be too bad given that a regular scooter tyre is only about £30. Will need to be professionally fitted though - that low sidewall and tubeless design would be a bitch to fit by hand without proper tools.

• Like 2

I don't think it's a fully proprietary tire. Most probably CST offer a tire which was adopted by NB. The most difficult part is to find the original. I think that there is a professional in a bike shop somewhere in the world (hopefully) that can identify the original. 

• Like 1

Those are OE tyres, we were trying to find out if there were some aftermarket alternatives. Thanks though, the one for 72 usd is the cheapest I have seen so far.

They certainly have an extraordinarily low profile sidewall, which is what is suggesting to me that they may be proprietary.

• Like 1

From what I've heard our wheels are proprietary as custom made orders of a company like cts if not the same.

That is why I stated searching for alternatives but I somewhat gave up hopes cause I didn't find any.

and that is why I asked here with this thread

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...