SLIME tyre sealant - HOW MUCH ?

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Hi, I've never used *Slime yet, and I'm unsure how much to fill in the tyre..?

I couldn't find the answers on YouTube, so please , help me out ... :)

There's two bottle sizes popular on ebay, 8oz (250ml) and 16oz (500ml).

Which one should I buy to fill into the Z10's 18" tyre please?

If I'm correct, there's not inner tube at all.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264314598554

Edited by PogArt Artur

I used about 6fl.oz. for an 18XL tire, and I think I overdid it a little and 4 would have been enough.  The Z10 is wider, so 6fl.oz. sounds about right to me.  There's a general recommendation on the bottle's directions panel, which basically says to use 4 on a bicycle tire, 8 on a motorcycle tire.  Do not squeeze the whole bottle in there!

Edit: as for tube, I don't know if the Z10 has an inner tube or not, but keep in mind that there are two different types of Slime, one for inner tubes and one for tubeless tires.  Make sure you get the right type.

Edited by svenomous

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, svenomous said:

I used about 6fl.oz. for an 18XL tire, and I think I overdid it a little and 4 would have been enough.  The Z10 is wider, so 6fl.oz. sounds about right to me.  There's a general recommendation on the bottle's directions panel, which basically says to use 4 on a bicycle tire, 8 on a motorcycle tire.  Do not squeeze the whole bottle in there!

Edit: as for tube, I don't know if the Z10 has an inner tube or not, but keep in mind that there are two different types of Slime, one for inner tubes and one for tubeless tires.  Make sure you get the right type.

That's good advice, as I didn't know about two types of Slime.

Thanks a lot.

I need to find out what tyre type Z10 has...