V8 issues

Mgb

Hoping someone can help, I have just got a v8 and have a couple of issues.  

First one is there is a small twig stuck at the top of the wheel which is not coming out and it clicks as the wheel touches it, how can I remove it?

Now the next one which is more of an issue is that I have a wheel wobble that vibrates through the wheel when going over 10mph, if you turn the wheel fast enough you can see the wheel tyre moving from site to side!😪😪

19 hours ago, Mgb said:

First one is there is a small twig stuck at the top of the wheel which is not coming out and it clicks as the wheel touches it, how can I remove it?

Take your time and give yourself 1 - 1.5 hrs the first time you need to disassemble a new wheel. Once the wheel is free from the shell the twig/ leaf whatever should just fall out.

19 hours ago, Mgb said:

Now the next one which is more of an issue is that I have a wheel wobble that vibrates through the wheel when going over 10mph, if you turn the wheel fast enough you can see the wheel tyre moving from site to side!😪😪

Could be the tyre is not seated perfectly on the rim - you could deflate the tyre and gently massage it so that the bead sits more snugly on the wheel and then slowly re-inflate it. If in doubt, get it looked at by an experienced EUC'er/ dealer.

20 hours ago, Mgb said:

The wobble above 10mph happens each and every time at the same speed? What's your experience in riding EUCs? If you post a vid, it's much easier to understand what we are talking about :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks all, re the tyre, I can see the bead is not even and running the tyre you can see it moving a lot, I'll try to get a video..  have tried re seating it but no joy, assuming tyre may be shot, it's a new wheel so never ridden before, any ideas

Regarding small twigs or leaves stuck up inside, before you go spending all that time disassembling, I just use a yardstick or similar long flat thing to get such things out of mine. Lay the wheel on its side so you can sorta look up through the crack, turn the wheel slowly by hand while fishing stuff out.

I had the tire issue on my V8 as well when I first got it.. Deflate the tire completely and massage the bead to conform with the rim on the uneven spots, then slowly put air in the tire.  I put a few psi ( 10 or so)  then rode the wheel a few hundred feet to seat the tire then put more air in and checked for seating issues..  it was pretty easy and no more wobbles.. also it could be your riding posture as well..  

• Upvote 1