Battery Upgrade Ninebot One (Experiences?)

Flugsaurier

Hey Guys,

i I have bought my Ninebot One C in Taiwan from China. I choose model C because it's rated 99Wh and so it's legal in planes.

I also had no problems to bring it with air China.

But now I am back in Germany and want to upgrade the battery. I just wanna ask, if somebody did this before. 

There are two main questions:

wich Battery's fit inside the model C? (C+, E, E+) 

are they regoniced from the software, so the unit is getting faster?

I also thought about buying (better) cells myself and put them in. But the extra work soldering is not really worth the price I would pay less.

i found this two links:

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/original-320wh-battery-for-ninebot-one-e.html
( said in the comments it's non fitting in the c)

http://www.speedyfeet.uk/Ninebot-One-240wh-Replacement-Spare-Battery-p/ninebot-one-240wh.htm

(say e battery fit in c) 

now, where are the differentes? What is possible?

thank you!

(please no "go to a shop!" Etc comments, I am a electric engineer :) thank you! )

Is Ninebot One C only 99Wh really? 1Rad Werkstatt from Germany has at least 388Wh -custom pack listed for Ninebot One C also, check with them:

It probably won't affect the maximum speed (that's controlled by the firmware, and I think C's have lower wattage-motors anyway), but you should get at least a lot more range.

As for building your own pack, I wouldn't try it personally unless you have spot-welding equipment. If the tabs are just soldered, they might not last with all the shocks and vibrations the wheel gets even during normal riding.

Thank you very much!

i asked them!

when i bought it, it said 110wh but they wrote 99wh on the sides of the device. But that's great. So I can bring it everywhere with the plane. Even with a bigger battery. :D

yes you are right. The soldering might be a big problem. I have some experience with lipo packs, but they are a lot more dangerous than round cells .

Is the bms included the battery pack?

Thank you very much!

i asked them!

Say hi to Chris from me ;) 

when i bought it, it said 110wh but they wrote 99wh on the sides of the device. But that's great. So I can bring it everywhere with the plane. Even with a bigger battery. :D

yes you are right. The soldering might be a big problem. I have some experience with lipo packs, but they are a lot more dangerous than round cells .

Is the bms included the battery pack?

Yes, I'm pretty sure the BMS comes with the pack ;) As far as I know, all the packs 1Rad Werkstatt builds are "plug & play", ie. they also come ready made with correct connectors, unless you wish otherwise.

10494680_560076550800224_875304620870314

This is a Ninebot-pack from July in thei Facebook-feed, it says 372Wh on that (Sanyo cells), I think they build the big packs with LG MJ1's (3.5Ah / NCA) -cells now, but not 100% sure (15S2P => 55.5V * 3.5Ah * 2 = 388.5Wh).

I just ordered some more parts from them, only nuisance has been that on my latest order it took closer to a week to answer my email. But it could be that they didn't have the needed part in stock until then, or then they just got so much business that they can't keep up with demand  :D   Other than this one time, they have been fairly quick & very helpful, so might be just a one-off.

Archived