riding preference: hard or soft? and why?

StridAst

Kind of curious, for those of you with a choice, do you prefer a softer latency setting for riding. Or a harder one? What about offroad? I keep trying the softer settings on my gw14 but I just feel less stable. Trying to decide if its worth practicing until I am used to softer settings as well, or if there is no point to doing so.

As I understand it the softer settings give a slightly longer delay before spinning up the wheel when it loses contact with the ground. I suppose this would be an advantage when do jumps or long drops.

I have a newer model 1500 Watt Solowheel. It is my first EU and did not know that there were differences between models.

Then, I tried to ride on the Airwheel and later also the older 1000W Solowheel. These are much 'stiffer' in their ride and I felt VERY uncomfortable riding those. I attributed this to the lower power of these EU's, but was told later it was due to the reaction time of the unit.

The longer delay time (reaction time) makes the my own Solowheel very nimble and easy to ride. it really reacts to my movements instead of resisting them. I drove around on a stiff Solowheel for close to a month but never got used to it and never felt as comfortable with it.

The longer delay makes makes short turns much easier in my opinion, which makes it a lot of fun zig-zagging in between pedestrians on a busy street :) 

Interesting. I am still working on tight turns, so I might have to practice seriously on the softer settings then.

When I was trying to zig-zag with the 'hard' setting while going at speed, it would momentarily give me a sudden 'tilt-back' feeling, making me feel like falling backwards. Very annoying.

The softer (and power powerfull) 1500W Solowheel has never given me that, not even when I was still practising.

Archived