Internals of the KS 800W Motor

Jason McNeil

An engineering friend took his KS 800W motor apart: he reports the stator is 6mm wider than your typical 14" eWheel & the impedance of the copper windings is significantly lower—probably on account of larger gauge wiring, higher quality copper, or both.

IMG_8754.thumb.jpg.881e1cbbc01edd084fb86

IMG_8755.thumb.jpg.c2b1b2b24ce753e4901fd

Why did he take it apart? Does it have a problem?

Well if it didn't, it does now!

An engineering friend took his KS 800W motor apart: he reports the stator is 6mm wider than your typical 14" eWheel & the impedance of the copper windings is significantly lower—probably on account of larger gauge wiring, higher quality copper, or both.

Interesting. So does it consume more power at normal cruising speeds due to that or does the controller simply reduce the pulse width to even things out? That's the one thing that's always concerned me about the higher-wattage motors, whether they will reduce average battery life.

Interesting. So does it consume more power at normal cruising speeds due to that or does the controller simply reduce the pulse width to even things out? That's the one thing that's always concerned me about the higher-wattage motors, whether they will reduce average battery life.

It's about the same, I wrote about comparative efficiencies a couple weeks back. 

Archived