Clearance between casing and wheel. MSX

I just noticed that the clearance between the casing and the wheel is not uniform. I also get some wobbling at higher speeds. >30kph.

Dont know if they are connected, but can I fix the clearance somehow? I want to fit a mudflap and it won't go in because of the clearance issue

How much difference between the two sides? Photo? Is it touching the sides?

It can be "trimmed" by lowering the pressure quite a bit and kind of working the tyre.

Wobbling is usually a rider issue, and you'll probably get over it with experience. How many km do you have so far?

Besides reseating the tire as mentioned above, the shell is bendy and can be fit badly by the 6 screws to each pedal bracket.

Loosen the 6 screws on both sides for two whole rotations, and pull the tire towards one side while tightening the screws.

There’s not a lot of play, but a few mm is doable. I got mine centered that way. If you need more movement, you can enlargen the six screw holes in the shell slightly with the tip of a knife.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Olav said:

How much difference between the two sides? Photo? Is it touching the sides?

It can be "trimmed" by lowering the pressure quite a bit and kind of working the tyre.

Wobbling is usually a rider issue, and you'll probably get over it with experience. How many km do you have so far?

35km, so not exactly much. 

Lowered pressure from 55psi to 40psi and it helped a little. 

But it's the tire and not the rim, so maybe it will get better and maybe I need to get a new one. See they talk about a nice one in the mods thread 

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Besides reseating the tire as mentioned above, the shell is bendy and can be fit badly by the 6 screws to each pedal bracket.

Loosen the 6 screws on both sides for two whole rotations, and pull the tire towards one side while tightening the screws.

There’s not a lot of play, but a few mm is doable. I got mine centered that way. If you need more movement, you can enlargen the six screw holes in the shell slightly with the tip of a knife.

Thank you for the tip. Will open the wheel this weekend. 

My new abs mudflap is really nice, so I i want it to fit 

No need to open the wheel if it's only the tire and not the motor! That will be counterproductive.

Just reseat the tire. Air out, move around a bit, air in, done.

Wobbling is most likely not this (just you) and if there's no other problem, you don't even have to reseat the tire.

Unless you show a video of catastrophic imbalance (or the tire scrapes), I assume what you see is just the regular variation that happens. Looks worrying, but is nothing:)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

No need to open the wheel if it's only the tire and not the motor! That will be counterproductive.

Just reseat the tire. Air out, move around a bit, air in, done.

Wobbling is most likely not this (just you) and if there's no other problem, you don't even have to reseat the tire.

Unless you show a video of catastrophic imbalance (or the tire scrapes), I assume what you see is just the regular variation that happens. Looks worrying, but is nothing:)

Will try to reseat tire after work today. 

What pressure do people ride with? I had 55psi and didn't think about it, but when I now ride at 40 I feel unsafe for some reason. More wobbly 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:09 AM, Ninefingers said:

Will try to reseat tire after work today. 

What pressure do people ride with? I had 55psi and didn't think about it, but when I now ride at 40 I feel unsafe for some reason. More wobbly 

I use 39psi (2.7 bars) or slightly less on the MSX for my 203lbs (92kg) weight (without gear). If you are used to 55psi, anything less will probably feel unsecure at first. I like to utilize the chunky tire for comfort, but anything between 35-55psi is safe for all rider weights.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I use 39psi (2.7 bars) or slightly less on the MSX for my 203lbs (92kg) weight (without gear). If you are used to 55psi, anything less will probably feel unsecure at first. I like to utilize the chunky tire for comfort, but anything between 35-55psi is safe for all rider weights.

Lowered it to 45 and I think I'm happy with it. 

Clearence is still an issue. The problem is around the valve, so I might just redesign the flap and print a new one