Lol...

I've just changed m mind!

I'm not willing to end up like this...

I'm sticking to m E+ for good :)

Who is best human's friend? 

Dalmatian !

:)

I'm glad i didn't watch it... Looks to graphic 

A very moving and well produced video. Not being soppy but it actually brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for posting.

A stark reminder not to get complacent regarding protection. We all know that the last thing we want to do is wear a helmet, especially a full face one, when its blazing hot and we have decided to do a 'gentle' ride. Just goes to show that even with huge experience, luck can run out.

Ride safe guys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sander Orvik Humborstad said:

This video was posted on the forum last year. It’s tough to watch but having treated patients with closed head injuries it does drive the message home about wearing a helmet. I pray he is doing better. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, Rehab1 said:

This video was posted on the forum last year. It’s tough to watch but having treated patients with closed head injuries it does drive the message home about wearing a helmet. I pray he is doing better. 

If I recall right he didn't recover and died, or was that another similar video post around the same time last year too? 

Now I have had 2 high impact accident and a "minor" one. 

So that is why I limit my KS18L to 42kph and wearing full MC suit with lvl 2 protection oh back, shoulder (ordered), elbow, knee, hips (ordered) and demon wrist guards. And MC fullface helmet. 

I am fully geared up 98% the distance I travel. Only time I wear a cycle helmet only is the 140m to my garage or 400-500 m to my lunch pizza place at work. Anything more that 1km I am fully geared up 99.9999% of the time. 

Edited by Unventor
Just got my level2 D3O shoulder pads today
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

If I recall right he didn't recover and died, or was that another similar video post around the same time last year too? 

That’s too bad. Extremely tough on a family watching a loved one waste away. Unfortunately any of us can sustain a traumatic insult to the brain during normal daily life activity. It becomes personally emotional for me when treating children that have sustained life altering brain injuries.

• Upvote 1

You need to wear a helmet if you're looking for trouble, poking the anthill, tickling the dragon, or whatever analogy suits you.

If you expect to crash because you're riding in a way that crashing is likely, wear the damned helmet.

Using full throttle in a curve while crouching in a position that gives you less controller but more speed is "looking for trouble".

However, be mindful that if your riding reasonably and you have a helmet, car drivers will not take care when they pass you. I was reminded of this stupid behavior yesterday and today.

I rode nearly 50 miles yesterday without a helmet on my bicycle, and all drivers passed me with great care.

I rode under 6 miles today with a helmet and despite me taking up the lane (in a 18 mph park no less) a driver just had to punish pass me. Rushed by me to then sit in a traffic jam. Ridiculous.

EUCs probably require a helmet at all times because there's no guarantee they won't cut out, and once they cut out they don't stay upright.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...