Ninebot one shutting off while riding

Curse

30 minutes ago, modifry said:

Old topic, but since I just experienced my first shutdown I thought I'd post it.  My ninebot one e is about 18 months old and I have 350 miles on it.  I was just finishing up a 4-5 mile run and cruising on level pavement at my usual 8mph when the bot stopped with no warning, throwing me onto the street.  I managed to tuck and roll but hit with my left hand first and broke my little finger, though I didn't know it at the time.

Having read about this problem I knew what happened so I immediately turned it back on and checked the stats - 108.7°F and 32% battery charge, so no obvious reason for the shutdown.  I then got back on and proceeded towards home (1/10 mile) at a slow speed, 3-4 mph.  It shutdown within 50 yards, no warning.  I was expecting it so I was able to step off with no problem. 

I got back on and repeated the process 3 or 4 more times before I got home - easy cruise at 3-4 mph for 15-30 seconds and then shutdown.  No beeps, no tilt-back, just locks the wheel and stops.  I don't know what firmware rev I'm on so I'll have to check that but I also intend to contact the dealer I bought it from to see if they have any other advice.

You are saying that the tire stops rotating completely, it locks up?  

5 hours ago, modifry said:

Old topic, but since I just experienced my first shutdown I thought I'd post it.  My ninebot one e is about 18 months old and I have 350 miles on it.  I was just finishing up a 4-5 mile run and cruising on level pavement at my usual 8mph when the bot stopped with no warning, throwing me onto the street.  I managed to tuck and roll but hit with my left hand first and broke my little finger, though I didn't know it at the time.

Having read about this problem I knew what happened so I immediately turned it back on and checked the stats - 108.7°F and 32% battery charge, so no obvious reason for the shutdown.  I then got back on and proceeded towards home (1/10 mile) at a slow speed, 3-4 mph.  It shutdown within 50 yards, no warning.  I was expecting it so I was able to step off with no problem. 

I got back on and repeated the process 3 or 4 more times before I got home - easy cruise at 3-4 mph for 15-30 seconds and then shutdown.  No beeps, no tilt-back, just locks the wheel and stops.  I don't know what firmware rev I'm on so I'll have to check that but I also intend to contact the dealer I bought it from to see if they have any other advice.

Did you charge it up again after that and tried if you could repeat the behaviour?

I have a feeling that it's somehow connected with your battery pack... May well be a couple of cells that gave up the ghost, dragging the whole battery bellow usable stage at lower than ~30% total charge 

@modifry could be the battery prob @Vik's mentioned. It was reported that cell balancing is not the strong side of ninebots BMS.

Does it feel "weaker/pedals not as hard/stiff" even with fully charged batteries as in the beginning!

You could try some full charges with letting the charger on for some hours after the led turned green (with supervision!). Could maybe help.

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Elisson Campos Osorio said:

I have a ninebot c+ and it is with 250Km and now when the batery is 60% occuring shutown... I fell in avenue and hurt my hand and shoulder... i had luck

I tested more and every time wich the battery is less than 60% occur shutdown. 

Anybody have a idea?

Sounds definitely like some of the individual cells in your battery pack are below the needed charge rate (or even plain dead) so when BMS cutting the motor out it is because them faulty cells rendering the whole battery unable to deliver enough juice... Did you try to leave your 9b1 on a charger for a couple of hours longer after the red light on the adapter goes green? That could probably level the cells out by charging them at low rate.

Archived