Gotway Monster 2019

The king is back on the throne.

As a rider who always respect the 80% beep while also riding at that speed 99% of the time i can say for sure that the 100v 1845wh monster will be my next wheel.
I hope the custom trolley handle for the old monster fits this thing too as i can't be without the ability to dismount and carry it next to me. 

First i had an msuper v3 67v 820wh then i moved to on a tesla 84v 1020wh and now soon this 100v 1845wh and all within 3 years. These things are almost at the speeds and safety i want them at.

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 2

Just got words back from AliExpress, Monster V3 will be available next week. Hope EWheels Jason will get some to US.

Peter Q

Screenshot_20190611-210026.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Peter Q said:

Email from EWheels Jason "There are plans to bring the latest Black Monster in, an order has already been placed with Gotway factory, we're currently about 5 weeks out from arrival."

Peter Q

when will he open pre-orders on ewheels?

14 minutes ago, themyst said:

Will the original monster seat fit this new wheel? 

@themyst In this photo posted on Facebook by Kebye Gotway, there are Two New Black Monsters and one original Monster all with seats fitted.  IMO,  when looking at the New and Old here, they are BOTH using the same seat.  Added to that, the shell has Not had a re-design externally apart from the carbon fiber finish, so there is no reason why the 'original' seat would not fit, so you should be all good!

Monster Seats.jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 4:18 AM, fbhb said:

Monster 3 is now available to order on Ali in multiple configurations, namely: 100v 0wh (No Battery), 100v 1530wh, 100v 1845wh or 84v 0wh (No Battery), 84v 1600wh or 84v 2400wh.

https://tinyurl.com/y692u35z

Oh my! That 0Wh 84V option makes me salivate! Would it be possible to switch over the batteries from my ACM2 (1600Wh) to use them in the v3 Monster if the shells haven't changed much since the v2? @Marty Backe? Any idea if that could fit?

Edited by MacPara
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Oh my! That 0Wh 84V option makes me salivate! Would it be possible to switch over the batteries from my ACM2 (1600Wh) to use them in the v3 Monster if the shells haven't changed much since the v2? @Marty Backe? Any idea if that could fit?

Can't sure for sure of course. But the MSuper V3s+, MSX, ACM, and Monster battery packs are interchangeable. 

I also would be very tempted to upgrade my Monster. Maybe on the Facebook group someone could reach out to Gotway for an answer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MacPara said:

@MacPara I previously posted some photos of the New Monster 3 shells, earlier on in this thread (page 2).  I don't own a Monster myself (but would be keen to add one of the New offerings to my small collection), so all I have been able to do so far is make a comparison of the New photos and Google images of the Old shells. 

From what I can see (No real space restrictions), the main difference is the addition of the speaker recess, some additional strengthening along the pedal hanger mount points and metal screw inserts for the side panels. 

I feel sure, that with this 0wh option being offered pretty much whenever a new GotWay wheel comes out, that compatible battery packs from previous models would be interchangeable in the case of the Monster 3 too!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Can't sure for sure of course. But the MSuper V3s+, MSX, ACM, and Monster battery packs are interchangeable. 

I also would be very tempted to upgrade my Monster. Maybe on the Facebook group someone could reach out to Gotway for an answer.

Sent an email to Jane. I also put a question on the FB page but there's so much traffic it will probably go down in the noise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fbhb said:

@MacPara I previously posted some photos of the New Monster 3 shells, earlier on in this thread (page 2).  I don't own a Monster myself (but would be keen to add one of the New offerings to my small collection), so all I have been able to do so far is make a comparison of the New photos and Google images of the Old shells. 

From what I can see (No real space restrictions), the main difference is the addition of the speaker recess, some additional strengthening along the pedal hanger mount points and metal screw inserts for the side panels. 

I feel sure, that with this 0wh option being offered pretty much whenever a new GotWay wheel comes out, that compatible battery packs from previous models would be interchangeable in the case of the Monster 3 too!

Maybe @Marty Backe can compare the recesses for the batteries with the ones in the v2 Monster he has. I've never seen a Monster opened, so the photos of the new one don't tell me much. I can't imagine the smaller 1600Wh packs could not fit in there when they ship it with up to 2400Wh in there. The connectors might be a different story.

Edited by MacPara

The only thing that can go wrong is different/non-matching connectors on the battery pack and board wiring.

For now:

• 2 types of battery packs - 650Wh (20s3p 2900mAh) and 800Wh (20s3p 3450mAh) - are the only two packs used for all variants of: 84V Nikola (excluding the rumored 2100Wh version), 84V MSX, 84V Monster, and older wheels like the msuper V3, ACM, ACM2.
  • One type of battery pack - 615Wh (24s2p 3450mAh) - is the only pack used on all variants of: 100V MSX, 100V Monster, 100V Nikola (presumably, nobody's seen the 1845Wh yet).

All battery sizes of those wheels are just different numbers of one type of these packs.

So it is extremely likely that the packs are interchangeable.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Maybe @Marty Backe can compare the recesses for the batteries with the ones in the v2 Monster he has. I've never seen a Monster opened, so the photos of the new one don't tell me much. I can't imagine the smaller 1600Wh packs could not fit in there when they ship it with up to 2400Wh in there. 

The Monster uses 2 or 3 identical battery packs. The 2400wh version has an extra battery pack on the non-control board side of the wheel.

I must say, the inside of the new Monster shell looks very different than mine. Even looks like the battery compartment is in a different orientation. Based on the pictures (from page 2 of this thread), I wouldn't assume that the batteries are compatible. I would need to hear directly from Gotway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think they just left more space so the shell can hold more battery configurations.

I'm not convinced that's true. Two of the battery packs currently are horizontal in the top of the shell. Now it looks like there is no space for the batteries at the top. To me it looks like the Monster requires a different battery shape to fit. in the bottom section.

Unless I'm very mistaken, the Monster has always had vertical batteries. Maybe you're confusing it with the ACM and msupers which have horizontal batteries?

Here's a picture posted by Jason in 2017 in your very own first Monster thread:

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjWUF6RkZEc

Looks vertical to me;) For comparison, the new Monster shell from page 2 of this thread:

427886110_BlackMonsterShell5.thumb.jpg.8

But I have to correct myself, there doesn't seem to be space for longer batteries in the new shell. I was hoping one space could now hold a 24s3p 100V battery each, that would have allowed a 2800Wh 100V Monster. But doesn't look like there's more space.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Unless I'm very mistaken, the Monster has always had vertical batteries. Maybe you're confusing it with the ACM and msupers which have horizontal batteries?

Looks vertical to me;) For comparison, the new Monster shell from page 2 of this thread:

But I have to correct myself, there doesn't seem to be space for longer batteries in the new shell. I was hoping one space could now hold a 24s3p 100V battery each, that would have allowed a 2800Wh 100V Monster. But doesn't look like there's more space.

I think you're correct. I'm confusing myself. I think I'll go away now :)

23 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Man, this is great news! It really looks like this is going to work! I am getting very excited right now!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is this Ali listing title by Green for real????:  "2019 Gotway Monster v3 100V 1845WH/2460WH Electric unicycle Monowheel 2500W Carbon black Seller upgrade" follow this link and see what you think (the 100v 2460wh [upgraded from 1845wh] & 2500w motor option has to be absolutely unreal power performance & range!!!)

https://tinyurl.com/yybmafeg

@meepmeepmayer this might pique your interest, although not quite 2800wh?

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Is this Ali listing title by Green for real????:  "2019 Gotway Monster v3 100V 1845WH/2460WH Electric unicycle Monowheel 2500W Carbon black Seller upgrade" follow this link and see what you think (the 100v 2460wh [upgraded from 1845wh] & 2500w motor option has to be absolutely unreal power performance & range!!!)

https://tinyurl.com/yybmafeg

It says charger is 84v. So 2460wh is 84v version 

1 hour ago, Darrell Wesh said:

It says charger is 84v. So 2460wh is 84v version

No sorry, it actually says charger is 100v/3A. So 2460wh Is a 100v version and I quote: "2460WH is the upgrade version of the seller, the original 1845WH is modified. The battery used is NCR18650GA, adding 615WH battery"

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, fbhb said:

No sorry, it actually says charger is 100v/3A. So 2460wh Is a 100v version and I quote: "2460WH is the upgrade version of the seller, the original 1845WH is modified. The battery used is NCR18650GA, adding 615WH battery"

if this is real this thing is far beyond what i had hoped. 2460Wh for a 100v wheel seems like a dream come true.

edit: upon further investigation this is being offered by  "green and fashion travaling shop" the place i got both my prior wheels without any problems. I will be ordering this very soon!

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Sweet Lord! I don't like the Monster, too sluggish and delayed for my liking, but sweet Lord!

2460Wh is 24s8p in comparison to 24s6p for the 1845Wh. They must have filled every available space with batteries.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Huh? Where? Look at the item description 

If they post this in the description I wouldn’t trust the title being accurate 

51E7438A-93ED-4D47-A32B-F9BF954BBB05.png