Gotway Monster 2019

5 hours ago, who_the said:

Not totally. But slightly. As posted, 100V Nikola is indeed a thing. 

6 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Marty Backe Green has a NO Battery option of either an 84v or 100v currently listed, so I think this is where people are getting that info from:

https://tinyurl.com/y2e76quk

Fascinating. Learn something new every day :thumbup:

The 100-volt options will never work for me because of the smaller battery. My rides are getting longer and longer so I want more battery not less. With all the empty space in the Nikola, Gotway could have given us a super long range wheel :( 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Gotway did a similar thing with the Tesla v2 too; even while our order was underway on the production benches, they released the v2. 

The plan with these Monsters is to negotiate obtaining a supply of these shells to offer as either upgrade replacements or a packaged deal. It doesn't appear that the structure of the body has improved, which was/is the main weakness of this model. 

Charging at 20A, IMO, is really not a good idea. Will GW be offering a $2m insurance policy if the battery goes up in flames? It's good to see that they've finally adopted the reverse diode protection that we've been using on our special Gotway orders for the past 1+ year. 

So you don't think a complete Monster minus the batteries will be an option? Like the MSX.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

My rides are getting longer and longer so I want more battery not less

Was always wondering if you usually drive to most of your locations or just EUC ride there and then start

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Was always wondering if you usually drive to most of your locations or just EUC ride there and then start

I'm blessed to live within a couple hundred miles of trails, so a lot of my riding involves no driving. But I still drive to many locations (Southern California covers a huge geographic area).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NylahTay said:

I love my 18xl but I'm constantly hitting the top speed all the time

Wow!

Did you ever have a crash at higher speeds? Do you wear a lot of protection?

15 minutes ago, NylahTay said:

it'd be nice to cruise at 50kph without constantly hearing the "please decelerate" all the time.

Maybe an MSX? 100V won't even beep at you (3rd alarm) before it hits 53kph, and that's only at 10% battery (the battery beeps will slow you down before you hear that). Starts at 69kph with 100%:D

The Monsters have lower limits if you compare to the 84V or 100V MSX. Unless they upped that for the Monster v2.

See here for some numbers:

• Upvote 3

On 5/23/2019 at 11:57 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow!

Did you ever have a crash at higher speeds? Do you wear a lot of protection?

I've gone over 1000 km on the 18xl so far and no high speed crashes at all. The only crash I have had was at a low speed and involved mud on a trail. I've learned that debris, mud, leaves, and rocks/gravel are the most causes of crashes for me, and those conditions rarely exist on the streets around town so it makes sense to just stay on the street, it's safer than the sidewalks. Lately, all I've been wearing is a motorcycle helmet.  I have a motorcycle jacket, but it's too hot to wear it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NylahTay said:

Lately, all I've been wearing is a motorcycle helmet.

:cry2:

You should really wear wrist guards! Your hands are really delicate with all the nerves and bones and muscles. And knee pads (and elbow pads) are probably a good idea, too. The photo you posted in the Photo Thread looks scary to me, one unseen obstacle and you will lose so much skin.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You should really wear wrist guards! Your hands are really delicate with all the nerves and bones and muscles. And knee pads (and elbow pads) are probably a good idea, too. The photo you posted in the Photo Thread looks scary to me, one unseen obstacle and you will lose so much skin.

I have wrist guards and was wearing them the first few weeks of owning the xl, but I guess I have just gotten out of the habit of putting them on. 

56 minutes ago, Kens said:

I should rephrase that :facepalm:

No worries. Humpty Dumpty was reassembled and I have a 10 year warranty. ;)

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 2:19 AM, Marty Backe said:

The Nikola isn't a 100-volt wheel unless I'm totally out-of-sync with reality  :confused1:

@Marty Backe  Actually the just posted the 100V version of the Nikola, I tagged you so you could find it and also created a post in the form

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Paolini said:

@Marty Backe  Actually the just posted the 100V version of the Nikola, I tagged you so you could find it and also created a post in the form

Yeah, I was corrected shortly after I made that post. Thanks. Since I'm not a speed freak I'm OK with the 84-volt version although I wouldn't mind the larger battery if that's true.

I really hope the new 2019- 2400wh Black Monster will be available soon. I need one now.:dribble:

PQ

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

GotWay finally released some official looking specs on Facebook, for both the New Black 84v & 100v Monsters (GotWay is calling the New version version "Monster 3"). Motor is stated as 2500w for both versions, nice!!!

Monster specs 84v.jpg

Monster specs 100v.jpg

I thought they would of added more battery to there changes.. Specs look good though  ,, new motor,,

Will the tyre be the same size?

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

Monster 3 - 2400wh - 84V with 2500W motor with lift stop, Awesome!!  Hope will come with Nikola pedals. No retail price yet.

That will be my next wheel :dribble::clap3::w00t2:

PQ

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Peter Q said:

Monster 3 - 2400wh - 84V with 2500W motor with lift stop, Awesome!!  Hope will come with Nikola pedals. No retail price yet.

That will be my next wheel :dribble::clap3::w00t2:

PQ

Will a bigger motor use up more battery even if going the same speed as the old monster