Gotway Monster 2019

Small incremental upgrades (until we hear more details) but non the less, really looks the goods in Black! Definitely needs those Extra Large pedals Blacked out though then I'd be super stoked for this!

Edited by fbhb

1 hour ago, who_the said:

Tire looks bigger, same trick as the MSX/Nikola vs. V3/Tesla. I guess this could be the "24-inch..."

Er, I don't think it's that kind of an update, looks more along the lines of Tesla > Tesla 2019, just more convenience feature upgrades.

Maybe @Jason McNeil can confirm now that the cat's out of the bag on this mysterious black shell Monster.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, who_the said:

Internal speaker, new headlight, cutoff button in handle, 2A charging port. No trolley handle. Maybe it will be called the Monster X, about the same visual upgrades from the MSuper V3 to the MSuper X. Materials, "metal screw" sound promising.

Overall, glad I waited. But it doesn't look like I'll be waiting much longer.

60805036_1720967218048698_3744127123128844288_o.thumb.jpg.af61c974c3f1e9eea2eef937a68c9d2f.jpg

I'm pretty sure my old Monster had metal screws :D  But yeah, maybe they mean internally there are metal posts instead of the plastic ones that snap instantly.

I was really hoping for an upgrade to the pedal hangers that would prevent the pedals from loosening up after hard riding.

I don't know if the tire is bigger, but it's certainly a different tire. Frankly, the tread on this tire doesn't look as grippy as the old tire.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

20A charging?

I interpreted that as 2A charging (says the first post) with a 20A fuse in the charge port to prevent damage from shortened pins or whatever.

20A at 84V is 1680W, that would be a massive and costly charger. Not going to happen. Have you seen how big 10A chargers are? The left black one.

(And that's before we consider what it would do to the batteries.)

Charger_ml.jpg

• Upvote 3

With my new Monster, the most cumbersome adjustment is lack of kill switch.

The black looks nice. Plan to wrap in the black 3m scotchlite reflective vinyl.

But will enjoy the purple for now.

Edited by OUNCESMUSIC
  • Upvote 1

Planning to buy a 2400wh 84V purple Monster, but now maybe will wait for this New Black Monster...…….

Anyone know when will this be out?

Ewheel Jason : can you order one for me?:P

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(And that's before we consider what it would do to the batteries.)

Charger_ml.jpg

I understand. 

About the batteries, I'm not an expert, but people seem to day fast chargers are still "a slow charge". 

I know people use a 5A charger on the 18L, so I guess that would be the equivalent to 15A charging if the battery ended up being about 3200wh on this model (not sure if that's happening). 

Tesla seems to be releasing a 40amp charger, and voltage of Tesla car batteries seems to be 375v, cost of the charger 500usd.

So a 84v 20amp shouldn't cost that much when comparing. Should be around 8 times cheaper. 

Edit : checked it, expensive yes, 182eur on Aliexpress. 

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/caZ9bbEs

Edited by Jean Dublin

58 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

Honestly, I'm most interested in just getting one of these new shells to upgrade my current Monster! I don't need the new tire, I don't need the new LED side panels or the Bluetooth speakers, nonono. I just want the cutoff switch, the metal screw inserts and a tougher shell in general. That will make the Monster much easier on my mind...

I suspect that the difference will be enough that you can't transfer the shell. Don't know for sure of course.

One potential option is to see if it'll be possible to buy this new Monster without any batteries, like the MSX.

@Jason McNeil - any possibility of acquiring the new Monster without batteries?

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, KAY GEE said:

Not another acquisition of wheels uncle Marty? 🤔 🙈 

I'm only asking on @Arbolest's behalf :), but frankly that's an upgrade I would consider.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, who_the said:

Thinking of jumping in on the 100V ecosystem with a Nikola and new Monster. But still wondering if 118V is around the corner. 

The Nikola isn't a 100-volt wheel unless I'm totally out-of-sync with reality  :confused1:

@Marty Backe Green has a NO Battery option of either an 84v or 100v currently listed, so I think this is where people are getting that info from:

https://tinyurl.com/y2e76quk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The Nikola isn't a 100-volt wheel unless I'm totally out-of-sync with reality  :confused1:

Not totally. But slightly. As posted, 100V Nikola is indeed a thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1