Glendora California Ride - 25May2019

8 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

I'm in! Sounds like I should bring chargers as well? I'm down with Baldy too if charging, then again, the ride down could regenerate batts all the way down, perhaps? Sounds like a beautiful ride!

I want to add that since you're coming I'm not going to bring my Monster. Probably the MSX. So you don't have to worry about being left behind :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I want to add that since you're coming I'm not going to bring my Monster. Probably the MSX. So you don't have to worry about being left behind :)

Coolness. Looking forward to the ride! Thx Marty for setting it up! 

• Like 1

Dress for warmth tomorrow. It's going to be cloudy and only get into the higher 60's at ground level. Up in the mountains it could get nice and chilly.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tanabe said:

Thanks for hosting Marty. Count me in, I want to do this ride with you guys tomorrow.

Fantastic. It'll be good to see you! Are you done with school for awhile?

2 minutes ago, Ben Richards said:

I'm going to try to make it with my friend, Mark. I only have a V8, but he'll be loaning me his MSX while he rides a Monster.

Wow. Great. This is turning into a nice ride, which I didn't expect considering the location and distance. 7-people if I have my math right.

"Do, not try", as Yoda would say :)

See you in the morning.

• Like 1

Not going to be able to make it.  Need to find some time for 2 wheels.  Sounds like it may be too much for my Z10 with < 1000wh and a slow charger.

Have fun, hope to catch up with you for the next Hooters ride.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like the road will stay closed through the end of the month:

https://dpw.lacounty.gov/roadclosures/

I came home from work to my wife being sick, so I'd have to take three kids with me if I went tomorrow. :(

Mark will still be there, though. And I will definitely get out to the route before the end of the month - most likely with a 2x jogging stroller and ergobaby.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ben Richards said:

Looks like the road will stay closed through the end of the month:

https://dpw.lacounty.gov/roadclosures/

I came home from work to my wife being sick, so I'd have to take three kids with me if I went tomorrow. :(

Mark will still be there, though. And I will definitely get out to the route before the end of the month - most likely with a 2x jogging stroller and ergobaby.

Thanks for letting me know. Great that the road will still be closed :D

Hope your wife feels better soon and you have a nice Memorial Day weekend. We'll catch you down the road at some point. Keep in touch.

• Like 1

Marty, that was quite a ride . We must did what, 40 to 50 miles that day.  I am a newbie not just riding with the group I been riding the EUC about a month and half or so. I recommend to anyone who loves to get away and see a nice view follow Marty’s trails. He got the trails you will enjoy. Again thank You for let me tag along. Looking forward for the next one.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mark chanya said:

Marty, that was quite a ride . We must did what, 40 to 50 miles that day.  I am a newbie not just riding with the group I been riding the EUC about a month and half or so. I recommend to anyone who loves to get away and see a nice view follow Marty’s trails. He got the trails you will enjoy. Again thank You for let me tag along. Looking forward for the next one.

Hey Mark.Now I know your Profile Name. It was nice meeting you and I'm sure we'll be riding again.

FYI, we rode a total of 58-miles :thumbup:

This was the most beautiful EUC route I have ridden so far.  Six electric unicyclists  @Marty Backe, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", @Rama Douglas, @mark chanya, @Tanabe, and myself rode 58 miles across the San Gabriel Mountains with a recharge at Mount Baldy, CA.  Wheels in attendance were two Gotway 100v Monsters, one Gotway 84v Monster, two Gotway MSX, and a Kingsong 18XL

• Like 2