Ninebot Z series (Z10) Voices + Sounds

Lefteris

Another report, if you install the Go language package for any platform then you can type

go run appname.go

and it will run it without problems, for example if i run ..

go run wnb-slicer.go --help

it will give me the help printout on the terminal on a mac os instead of windows

Usage of /var/folders/f7/ygzthbss6h72_5s_7qp3b4780000gn/T/go-build818750226/b001/exe/wnb-slicer:
  -file-name string
        file to slice
  -max-chunk-size
        default is 32768, enable if chunk size should be 65536
exit status 2

so, in order to build a .go program in any platform you run the following command :

go build wnb-slicer.go

and it produces a binary with executable flag on that you can run without having the golang installed.

I'm close...

Well.. I have a successful story to present 😝

I get some floating point errors in the beta ninetool app but at least I managed to splice a raw file into a wnb file and the results are...

The file I used is one of R2D2 sounds and its attached. Memory point of flash is 14 for the power on sound

4_QR2_D2W1_p00.wnb

11 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Well.. I have a successful story to present 😝

I get some floating point errors in the beta ninetool app but at least I managed to splice a raw file into a wnb file and the results are...

The file I used is one of R2D2 sounds and its attached. Memory point of flash is 14 for the power on sound

4_QR2_D2W1_p00.wnb 23.53 kB · 0 downloads

Looking forward to the end result r2d2 sounds good maybe c-3po for the talking sound😊

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out how to make an online ffmpeg or other audio converter to take as input any audio file and export to proper raw and then run the splicer and produce the wnb automatically..
Will report back with results

I can convert to pcm raw 16000hz 16bit files using ffmpeg using the following command

ffmpeg -i input.flv -acodec pcm_s16le -f s16le -ac 1 -ar 16000 -acodec pcm_s16le output.raw

The run the wnb splicer.

So it's a matter of running this using php into a shell script, cause my shared hosting has ffmpeg but not php-ffmpeg enabled..

if anyone has support for this or want to help, please, it's going to be helpful for all Z series owners

Edited by Lefteris

I'm waiting for my fresh fruit juice to be made on the 24/7 coffee place cause I'm getting ready for a midnight ride, and i thought that if I call a shell script with a bash script to convert the sound then splice it its gonna create some problems for when more than one user uses the website php script.

So maybe that bash script run a screen (virtual frame buffer like an enveloped shell term) named not in random but based on current day, eg 20190527_010522 that represents current date and time, run the script that does the job inside that screen and the when it ends use the same variable for output file that is served to the user, the files will be dumped into a temp folder that will be cleaned each week using a crontab script so the host doesn't get full of temporary files.

Is my thinking wrong, help out here you guys that you may place with shell terminals bash scripts, hosting companies etc.

While waiting to see if a friend can help with hosting this project online for the bash scripts and stuff i've made the ON & OFF sound to the lightsaber sound

I'm attaching the wnb & raw files, plus a zip with aup files (audacity projects) so you can also play with them.

They have been clipped into 1.10 seconds and then changed speed so each file is 0.999 of a second.

Video is attached instead of youtube link

on-off_aup-files.zip OFF.raw ON.raw 5_Saber_OFF_p00.wnb 14_Saber_ON_p00.wnb

So if the video and or audio file that you want to convert is only 1 second and not more you can use commands like these to auto convert and then splice into wnb

$1 stands for input file

ffmpeg -i $1 -acodec pcm_s16le -f s16le -ac 1 -ar 16000 -acodec pcm_s16le $1.raw
./wnb-slicer -file-name $1.raw

For example if the above was to run as one bash script the user should ask for it as

./do-convert-and-splice.sh YOURSOUND.mp4

This should input the YOURSOUND.mp4 even if it's a video file, but should be only 1", into the script, extract only the audio part, convert it into PCM 16000hz mono at 16bit and export it named with the .raw extension, so this script should output YOURSOUND.mp4.raw.

Then slicer gets to do it's job that "if" the file was only one second (1") you should get a file named YOURSOUND.mp4_p00.wnb but if your input file was larger than one second you will get another file next to it having the _p01 ending.

Then transfer the files to the sandbox of the ninetoolbeta hack tool made by @MRN76 and open it, after successfully connecting to your Z series wheel select the file from the dropdown menu, carefully select the offset that the file should be flashed and hit the sound button.

The wheel will lock it self and you will be prompted by the running wheel animation and percentage under it that will display when the flashing is ready.

I've experienced some errors with the beta app of @MRN76 sometimes it displays a floating point error with only OK to press "BUT" the process continues and sometimes it doesn't get to complete to 100% and then unlock the wheel again, but gets stuck at 99% and does nothing.

When that happens, the staying in 99% and nothing happens, i wait for about 15" and kill the app from the app switcher, open the segway ninebot app and unlock the wheel and then close it from the button.

The process is finished it just doens't get back to the ninetoolbeta app after being hold at 99%.

Again, this whole process is experimenting with stuff that if a user has a running wheel and doesn't want to have a brick for wheel, don't tamper with stuff like these. I am crazy and i know it but i have help from @MRN76 and others. Don't go thru this process if you don't know what you are doing.

When the whole process gets a bit easier and ready to deploy into the world, you will be notified by a reply here, a proper edit of the 1st post etc.

Hello guys, no updates on the automated/website way yet, BUT

i've got a new sound pack for you.. a Mario Snes themed sounds/voices pack

1029583750_Screenshot2019-06-08at12_07_48.png.7b22591c97038d5edf91b9b6209af31b.png

WNB files on a zip and then Audacity files for you to play with, alongside the original .raw files on the 2nd zip file. The mp3 it's the source of the sounds i clipped/edited.

Then you only need the latest NineToolBeta app and to transfer the WNB files into the app directory as mentioned before.

mario-snes-ninebot-z-voices_wnb-files.zip mario-snes-ninebot-z-voices_aup-raw-files.zip mario_sound_effects_nes.mp3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Hello guys, no updates on the automated/website way yet, BUT

i've got a new sound pack for you.. a Mario Snes themed sounds/voices pack

1029583750_Screenshot2019-06-08at12_07_48.png.7b22591c97038d5edf91b9b6209af31b.png

WNB files on a zip and then Audacity files for you to play with, alongside the original .raw files on the 2nd zip file. The mp3 it's the source of the sounds i clipped/edited.

Then you only need the latest NineToolBeta app and to transfer the WNB files into the app directory as mentioned before.

mario-snes-ninebot-z-voices_wnb-files.zip 234.45 kB · 0 downloads mario-snes-ninebot-z-voices_aup-raw-files.zip 1.48 MB · 0 downloads mario_sound_effects_nes.mp3 761.77 kB · 1 download

Can you give us a demonstration on video please? I would love to see what the sounds represent :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

There two draft videos.. I'll attach more sounds to memory offsets soon. 

Pmsl ,,i like the pick up sound,, 

You'll deffo be noticed 😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, z3n said:

Jump sound is epic! :thumbup:

10 hours ago, stephen said:

Pmsl ,,i like the pick up sound,, 

You'll deffo be noticed 😀

It's so funny guys i can't tell you how many friends at work and people laughed and looked when i lift the wheel :P 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Man I am super interested in this, great job! Actually I just need the speed limit sound to dissapear and that's it. Could you make a .wnb file for me that i can load in of just silence? Than i just put it at spot 21 and I'm good right?

For now i've I disconnected the cable but it feels stupid...

I'm waiting for Seba to come back from his round trip with his wheel and when we are ready we will make something and post it here.

8 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Has anyone figured out how to revert to the original factory sounds?

I"m waiting for a dump of the files and i'll split them into proper audio files then convert them to wnb's 

20 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I'm waiting for Seba to come back from his round trip with his wheel and when we are ready we will make something and post it here.

I"m waiting for a dump of the files and i'll split them into proper audio files then convert them to wnb's 

It seems that the original sounds are store in W25Q32BV flash memory. I think other data such as mileage, activation date, etc. are also stored in the flash memory. 

Perhaps @MRN76 can help on how to dump and program the W25Q32BV flash memory.

Edited by Rotciv

15 hours ago, Rotciv said:

It seems that the original sounds are store in W25Q32BV flash memory. I think other data such as mileage, activation date, etc. are also stored in the flash memory. 

Perhaps @MRN76 can help on how to dump and program the W25Q32BV flash memory.

I didn't know you knew, but also MRN is aware of this but i'm waiting for him to have some time to play with something like that ;) 

11 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I just tried installing the sounds but the Ninetool Beta simply doesn't find my Z10 :/

Close all other apps and then try search, wait for the bar to load and then you will see the wheel displayed.

Be careful