Lordwonton

My kingsong 18L

Got a used one. Was working perfectly. 

Then i got the app and if I go too fast it almost throws me backwards off the wheel. 

I really really hope I didn’t permanently destroy my wheel for wanting to play with some stupid lights on it

does anyone know how to stop it from throwing me back at a certain speed? Sorry to be negative, it’s just that I can’t find help anywhere about it. The English is so bad on the app 

9 hours ago, Lordwonton said:

Got a used one. Was working perfectly. 

Then i got the app and if I go too fast it almost throws me backwards off the wheel. 

I really really hope I didn’t permanently destroy my wheel for wanting to play with some stupid lights on it

does anyone know how to stop it from throwing me back at a certain speed? Sorry to be negative, it’s just that I can’t find help anywhere about it. The English is so bad on the app 

That is the build in tilt back. For KS wheels it cannot be turned off. Seems with the app it's now set at a too low speed?

Yes, it has a strange name in the app. But i can't remember by now and have my wheel not nearby to connect and look for the wording. :(

AFAIK you have to register to unlock speeds above 20km/h, could be that. Also, remember when the firmware is updated calibration is reset, so have it stand at the position you consider neutral.

13 hours ago, Chriull said:

That is the build in tilt back. For KS wheels it cannot be turned off. Seems with the app it's now set at a too low speed?

Yes, it has a strange name in the app. But i can't remember by now and have my wheel not nearby to connect and look for the wording. :(

"Warp" or "Warp speed" that's what they call it, I think.  

@Lordwonton Is your wheel white?

Posted (edited)

In older apps it was "warp", in the current one (available on KS's website), it's "Speed settings" > "Pedal tilt-back":

s3n3bm.jpg

(Third-level alarm is the "warning, please decelerate" / the most annoying beep, if you don't have voice messages activated)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

Most likely you have to update firmware and then calibrate balance again. As written in update text. 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Unventor said:

Most likely you have to update firmware and then calibrate balance again. As written in update text.

Or bypass the firmware upgrade by using an older version of the app.... (I say this because I'm very wary of firmware upgrades...)

Another possibility is Kingsong's user-based speed limitations. When I originally unlocked my 18XL, I registered with Kingsong using my e-mail address. When trying to sign in with a later version of the app, good old KS bugginess wouldn't allow me to sign in with my e-mail, so I used my phone no., and to my surprise, discovered that it reverted my max. speed back to the factory 20 km/h, as it must have deemed me a new user, and the mileage I'd put on the wheel was associated with my e-mail, not my phone number. What a pain in the ass that was to set straight...

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Smoother said:

"Warp" or "Warp speed" that's what they call it, I think.  

@Lordwonton Is your wheel white?

Yes my wheel is white. 

My bottom slider is set to 50kmph and won’t go to 60. When I slide it to 60 it automatically goes back. 

Do the gotways do this?i just  want something to let me go as fast as I want up to max speed 31mph or whatever it is without being hassled with this 

White wheel...Was that the one advertised here recently?  I almost bought it but couldn't justify it.  2 weeks later I had a root canal that cost over £800 all told, and some work on my car so it was a wise decision.

ignore 60kph, its like the part of the spedo in a car your car will never see.  50kph is 31 and that all you get.  rejoice, my top is only 35kph

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

ignore 60kph, its like the part of the spedo in a car your car will never see

Yupp, I don't know why the slider goes up to 60,there's no KS wheel out there capable of doing that speed (bearing firmware limitations in mind)