V5F owners - foot plate angle.

Gasmantle

I know this is going to sound a daft question but V5F owners what degree of footplate tilt does the app show when the plates are actually level (ie at 0 degrees)

I met up with a couple of forum members yesterday and after a chat it became clear that my machine was angled too far backwards although I was convinced the app said it was set at 1.5 having now checked it at home I have set the plates to 0yet the app says they are at 6o.

I guess it doesn't really matter as I now have the plates level but I'd expect the app to give a zero reading

Guest PogArt Artur
45 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

I know this is going to sound a daft question but V5F owners what degree of footplate tilt does the app show when the plates are actually level (ie at 0 degrees)

I met up with a couple of forum members yesterday and after a chat it became clear that my machine was angled too far backwards although I was convinced the app said it was set at 1.5 having now checked it at home I have set the plates to 0yet the app says they are at 6o.

I guess it doesn't really matter as I now have the plates level but I'd expect the app to give a zero reading

Have you consider, the app's setting you're looking at, might be not related to the pedal's angle,but something else instead?

It might be good idea to take a screen shot,and post it over here, to let the others judge, if you're looking at the pedal related setting @Gasmantle

Edited by PogArt Artur

I too found the app angle did not match the true angle on my V5F. I didn't worry about it too much. I just set the angle using a bubble app on my phone. I usually go for dead level or slightly tilted back. On my Z6 I like it at 2.5 deg but the V5 felt nice at around 1.5 deg.

• Like 1

Thanks guys :) 

I've got the pedals level by measuring them and have disregarded what the app says - it seems to ride a lot better now - I can always make a few minor adjustments later if I need to