How to tell you are addicted to EUCs

Tom

Addicted?  Don't know if I am, but I can say I'm one minded.  This is Day 3 for me.  As always I got up stiff, did some work to wake up and loosen up.  Bam on the wheel.  Feeling cocky the second time around the block.......  Ya I crashed.  Sore shoulder bloody right elbow.  Cleaned and dressed it,  hour later back on the wheel.   2 blocks later, feeling all was well,  crashed. Right foot got tangled in safety belt.  Sore rib, bloody left elbow.  Cleaned and dressed it. I decided both elbows are bloody, I'm balanced so I road one more time and called it a night,  I'm not addicted, I'm one minded

Keep it up. You will be up and running in no time. Just have some safety gears at least while training to reduce injuries. Ask somebody to hold your hand while mastering your balance. It is the fastest way to learn. I'm not addicted, I already taught my daughter which is a fast learner and now training the wife just to have some reason to buy a third wheel.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addiction of some level I think is a good thing at the start.  You need the drive to keep getting back on it time and time again when you can only go 3 feet, 5 feet.   I was lucky, My unicycle riding back 40 years ago has stayed with me.  I'm still having trouble starting and stopping.   My son I worry about.  He was a demon on it with the training wheels.  Cocky and showing off.  Now the wheels are off it will take him time to find "it"  I'm sure be being cocky when I found "it"  and running off down the street and back isn't helping his drive.   

Keep it up. You will be up and running in no time. Just have some safety gears at least while training to reduce injuries. Ask somebody to hold your hand while mastering your balance. It is the fastest way to learn. I'm not addicted, I already taught my daughter which is a fast learner and now training the wife just to have some reason to buy a third wheel.

Funny thing is I ordered the knee  and elbow pads, they didn't get here before the wheel.  If I would have waited on them I wouldn't be wearing bandages,  but all is good.

Its always good to have some friendly competition, keeps you on your toes to get better :D
I guess my Dad (me 38 and him being 65) will try it next summer, as a retiree he is constantly travelling around and this summer he wasnt here long enough to start training. But he stood on it and moved along the wall a bit and thought that would be something he could get used to.  But he saw me faceplant pretty rough on the lawn while training, so I guess I'd have to incentivize him a bit to overcome his comfort zone. B)

Its always good to have some friendly competition, keeps you on your toes to get better :D
I guess my Dad (me 38 and him being 65) will try it next summer, as a retiree he is constantly travelling around and this summer he wasnt here long enough to start training. But he stood on it and moved along the wall a bit and thought that would be something he could get used to.  But he saw me faceplant pretty rough on the lawn while training, so I guess I'd have to incentivize him a bit to overcome his comfort zone. B)

Good a place as any for an up date:  Joe (my Son) found his click today.  I was trying to pump him up, and help him keep at it.  Bamm, eather he found his click, or he got tired of hearing me.  Off down the road he went.:P

The definition of eternity- The time that elapses from when you order your EUC and when it arrives!

good one. 

I have just discovered the definition of hell: when your unicycle' tire breaks and you dont have a back up

@Michael Vu That's quite a collection! I saw your video of the ninebot shutting off, did that get fixed?

Also how is the pedal size of the KS 14" compared to the Msuper? I'm considering purchasing the KS 18" and I know the pedal sizes of the  KS14 and 18 are the same...

It's either Msuper or KS 18"... Waiting on some info before I make the decision.

@Michael Vu That's quite a collection! I saw your video of the ninebot shutting off, did that get fixed?

Also how is the pedal size of the KS 14" compared to the Msuper? I'm considering purchasing the KS 18" and I know the pedal sizes of the  KS14 and 18 are the same...

It's either Msuper or KS 18"... Waiting on some info before I make the decision.

Haven't fixed the ninebot yet since they are stumped to what could be the cause. Have to send it in for them to really figure it out.

The pedal size on the KS 14 is smaller length wise than the Msuper but about the same width wise. The Msuper pedals are the largest pedals (I can almost fit my entire foot on) which makes riding very comfortable. 

Good luck with the repairs. Not being able to trust your wheel because it might shut off at anytime is probably the worst problem to have with it.

My 18" wheel is going to be used for long distance rides. So comfort is probably one of the biggest deciding factors which is why I am looking at the msuper..

According to Kale, KS will be releasing a new pedal soon so hopefully it will be a larger pedal upgrade option for the KS 18".

The KS 18" is a "luxury model" compared to the msuper's "performance, sports/track car" qualities, (features, curves, cushioned seat vs power, top speed, angular design) So it should be comfortable to ride as one of their main focuses.

I'll add some from a long time ago when I started-

In the early days I used to search diligently for any eu videos and I would download them all - there was a time when I had downloaded every single eu video on youtube.  Seriously every single one  XD

You know you may be addicted when you recognize the Inventist daughter from any angle in any video ... and eventually you become familiar with every video she's in  = )

On riding - that as soon as it rains for the first time you can't wait to get out to try riding in the rain.

For relaxation - that after working a really long day being very tired and worn out and still going out to ride and then being re-energized.

Injuries - after spraining your wrists you find yourself having driven near the off-road mountain bike trails and you've forgotten to bring your wrist-guards and of course you go riding anyway up the steep paths and falling on your wrists and getting up to do it over and over again basically falling three times on already sprained wrists.  You just might be an enthusiast.

Accessorization - buying lights, clamps, clip ons, mounts, trolley handles and stands - and then figuring out that the special color foam eu padding strips are actually baby bumpers and learning how to search for this to find cheap deals and then buying extra stock in many different colors!  You know you may have just found your addiction  = D

OK this is bad I think in 2 days of ownership I have experienced most of these symptoms and 1 more that I am afraid to admit I only got a few hours sleep last night because I was so excited to go to work at a job I hate just so I could ride my new toy in.  OK rode into work now I seem to not feel so good better take the day off and go home to rest. wink wink

I'm so jealous of you guys who get to ride to work and back every day on the EUC's.  Almost makes me feel that I need to find a new job :D which doesn't come with the idea of driving all round the country in a company car?  Then again, I can drive almost anywhere, park up, and then ride the EUC so not 'confined' to a certain area and can explore a bit more?

Some days I don't even get to use it at all :( good job it's like 'riding a bike' and you don't forget how ;)

When you start investigating "uglier" models because your Ninebot one c+ is too slow :-).

Or you start dreaming that they would release a smaller and faster 14" Ninebot One with exactly the same design and hope that your dream would come true.:rolleyes:

Or you start dreaming that they would release a smaller and faster 14" Ninebot One with exactly the same design and hope that your dream would come true.:rolleyes:

Well that would be outlandish! Why they have not done this is beyond me. The weight and speed is my only problem. (and the range but I have a C+ so thats on me)

Or even better, a company that worked closely with this forum to make sure that they iron out all the problems with the help of the communty. Have beta-testers that would test it in harsh conditions and some kind of kickstarter as funding maybe. Then people might get a nice, safe and fast EUC for a good price.

Or even better, a company that worked closely with this forum to make sure that they iron out all the problems with the help of the communty. Have beta-testers that would test it in harsh conditions and some kind of kickstarter as funding maybe. Then people might get a nice, safe and fast EUC for a good price.

I think King Song is closely monitoring the forum and adapting to customer's feedback and suggestions.

I think King Song is closely monitoring the forum and adapting to customer's feedback and suggestions.

Are they working with someone on this forum? I mean there is a lot of knowledge in this forum, sometimes it seems even more then at the company producing the EUC's.

Archived