How to tell you are addicted to EUCs

Tom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you're walking anywhere, the first thing you do is 'lean' forward in the general direction and for a split second wonder why you aren't moving off :) before you remember that old fashioned method of getting from 'a to b' - one foot in front of the other!

Or - you're walking along with your phone and you flick the Ninedroid app up to see how far you've covered and how fast you're going - and then close it down quickly when it can't connect cos you haven't got your EUC with you :(

Has anybody else drawn a circle on a map of the diameter of half the distance specified for your battery/motor combination?  In my case it's 17.5km and I've got overlapping circles from home, work, and friends houses - yep, definitely addicted!

I keep myself awake until about 1am Just so that can i plug in the wheel just so that it will be charged by 7am so i can turn it right off when i get up to go to work. 

If i have to drive somewhere and park more than 30 ft away from the place, i pull out the wheel and ride the 30 ft

I went on a first date a couple of nights ago and as she was walking next to me i was riding the wheel slowly beside her the entire time. Whenwe got to the car, instead of opening the door for her, i opened the door to put my wheel in

when i go to a store and the store entrance has a thepreshold higher than a couple of inches i turn around and choose to go to another store so i can ride right into it and ride to my seat

it takes a little longer now to buy groceries, as it is kinda hard to be pay, get change, and put them into my back pack while standing on the wheel in one spot

this above is actually the truth...do you think i am a tiny bit addicted?

I keep myself awake until about 1am Just so that can i plug in the wheel just so that it will be charged by 7am so i can turn it right off when i get up to go to work. 

If i have to drive somewhere and park more than 30 ft away from the place, i pull out the wheel and ride the 30 ft

I went on a first date a couple of nights ago and as she was walking next to me i was riding the wheel slowly beside her the entire time. Whenwe got to the car, instead of opening the door for her, i opened the door to put my wheel in

when i go to a store and the store entrance has a thepreshold higher than a couple of inches i turn around and choose to go to another store so i can ride right into it and ride to my seat

it takes a little longer now to buy groceries, as it is kinda hard to be pay, get change, and put them into my back pack while standing on the wheel in one spot

this above is actually the truth...do you think i am a tiny bit addicted?

@Cloud

-When your post in the "how to tell if you are addicted to EUCs" thread makes other EUC addicts go "Well that's just crazy!" then you are definitely addicted ;)

Congrats man, I need to give up my "EUC Addict" membership card now.

Addicted or plain stupid.....

I could not wait for my KS 14 800W (my first EU) so i bought a crappy one for 300€ to have while i'm waiting.....

Sorry for off topic.

But i'm glad i bought that crappy wheel.....

It looks like i had it for 10 ears after my first hour of riding a wheel.

And my body needs a hot bath and a whiskey, it's insane how many times i chrashed today.....

I've been on a trip for a few weeks now where I couldn't take one of my unis. The other day I had a lucid dream about flying, but chose to fly about a foot above the ground.

Me too! Exactly the same. Anyway I always get vertigo and out of control when flying high, so wheeling is as therapeutic as it is addictive.

I wasn't even aware that there was a limit.  I just expanded the daily limit from 10 to 20 for upvotes and from 1 to 4 for downvotes.  LOL

Awesome! I was having to give myself mental reminders to go back and upvote posts that I couldn't upvote because my daily limit was reached hehe

How to tell you are addicted:

Your designated "Movie nights" end up turning into "YouTube hunting" for new EUC videos instead...

"YouTube hunting" for new EUC videos instead...

I have my "theme nights" on yt. sometimes i hunt documentaries, sometimes epic fails, other times DIY-vids then again gamereviews... now I got a new one: EUC's! And some vids are just endlessly rewatchable. :lol:

EUC's! And some vids are just endlessly rewatchable. :lol:

No kidding!  I've watched some dozens of times now. I'll look back on some videos I watched when I first started learning and said "If I could get to the point where I'm riding like them I'd be happy" Now I was those again and realize I'm riding at that skill level now.

Now I'm looking at more advanced videos and thinking the same thing as I was with the basic ones "If I could get to the point where I'm riding like THESE guys, I'll be happy" :P

Since I go my EUC:

- I fill up my car with gas every month and a half to two months. I don't pay attention to gas prices anymore.
- Constantly thinking of where I can find a charging outlet should I go past "the point of no return".
- Google Maps is now bookmarked. 
- Catered my wardrobe to riding my wheel.
- Everything out of my riding radius isn't important, anymore.
- Sunscreen suddenly became important.
- Getting a new music album gives me a reason to put on the headphones and ride. Hell, a new playlist does the same.
- Turn down rides from friends and tell them I'll meet them there (local watering hole - i.e. pub).
- Rather take the train than fly to avoid the battery issue on planes. I'll figure out what to do when I get there.

Most of the above became habit. So no, I'm not addicted. ;) 

Ok, my advice for the next time:

- Ride to your date
- Give your girl(/boy) a lesson in EU.
- Profit.

Addicted?  Don't know if I am, but I can say I'm one minded.  This is Day 3 for me.  As always I got up stiff, did some work to wake up and loosen up.  Bam on the wheel.  Feeling cocky the second time around the block.......  Ya I crashed.  Sore shoulder bloody right elbow.  Cleaned and dressed it,  hour later back on the wheel.   2 blocks later, feeling all was well,  crashed. Right foot got tangled in safety belt.  Sore rib, bloody left elbow.  Cleaned and dressed it. I decided both elbows are bloody, I'm balanced so I road one more time and called it a night,  I'm not addicted, I'm one minded

Addicted?  Don't know if I am, but I can say I'm one minded.  This is Day 3 for me.  As always I got up stiff, did some work to wake up and loosen up.  Bam on the wheel.  Feeling cocky the second time around the block.......  Ya I crashed.  Sore shoulder bloody right elbow.  Cleaned and dressed it,  hour later back on the wheel.   2 blocks later, feeling all was well,  crashed. Right foot got tangled in safety belt.  Sore rib, bloody left elbow.  Cleaned and dressed it. I decided both elbows are bloody, I'm balanced so I road one more time and called it a night,  I'm not addicted, I'm one minded

Hang in there! Don't bust anything important!

Archived