Lone female EUC rider.

Kimosabi

5 hours ago, Kimosabi said:

Went for my first lone EUC ride. It was fun yet intimidating mainly because I never see anyone else aside from male riders and as Marty mentioned, it’s rare to see other EUCs out in the wild. All rides are fun and positive but sometimes I hear comments like...”cheater, that’s not exercise,” or “you think you’re so cool.” As a lone female EUC rider, I’d say almost all I zoomed past were positive. Would love to hear from other female riders and EUC lone riders in general about their experience(s). Happy riding!

Hi, it's been a long time since I bumped into you at the beach.

Wow, all this time and you hadn't yet gotten out by yourself? Glad you're soloing now though  :cheers:  I think you were on an Inmotion V3 before? What are you riding now?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Natasha Miller said:

Hey! I just thought this myself yesterday. As far as I know, I’m one of the only girls on an EUC. I’ve seen a pic of one and I guess you’re another. Haha! I’m doing everything in pink cause I can. :p

Natasha, I think there are a lot but not too many come on the forum. Glad to see More women on here and pink...I’m all for it! 💕👍

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hi, it's been a long time since I bumped into you at the beach.

Wow, all this time and you hadn't yet gotten out by yourself? Glad you're soloing now though  :cheers:  I think you were on an Inmotion V3 before? What are you riding now?

Marty, It was not the longest ride since I was alone. Road from Belmont Shores to the bridge going to the Queen Mary but maybe I’ll venture out a little further one day. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kimosabi said:

Marty, It was not the longest ride since I was alone. Road from Belmont Shores to the bridge going to the Queen Mary but maybe I’ll venture out a little further one day. 

Maybe you'll feel up for joining one of our group rides some day. The Griffith Park rides are always accommodating to just about any wheel :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hehasrisen7 said:

Another girl rider here. I'm in Ohio and I haven't seen  anyone on a EUC male or female where i live. 

:clap3: What city are you close to?  I work in Toledo. 

Well I'm sure happy to cheer you on!  Very happy!

Super niche sport/hobby/? for now, but with the help of you and people like you, one day it might not be as rare or thought of negatively at all.  Keep on going, great for you!

At this point every single EUC rider is an ambassador, for good or evil, remember that.

I live in Utah and there aren't many of us riding here either.  I've been riding almost a guaranteed everyday since June of last year and I've never seen another EUC rider in the wild other than myself.  There are at least 10 or so of us total in Utah based on organized rides, the KingSong app and the DarknessBot App.  So there may be more, but outside of the planned rides that we did in late fall last year I've never seen another one.  I have seen about 5 different OneWheel skateboards in the SLC area, but that's about it.

Speaking of planned rides though, I'd love to have another really soon, if anyone is up for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Japmerican said:

I live in Utah and there aren't many of us riding here either.  I've been riding almost a guaranteed everyday since June of last year and I've never seen another EUC rider in the wild other than myself.  There are at least 10 or so of us total in Utah based on organized rides, the KingSong app and the DarknessBot App.  So there may be more, but outside of the planned rides that we did in late fall last year I've never seen another one.  I have seen about 5 different OneWheel skateboards in the SLC area, but that's about it.

Speaking of planned rides though, I'd love to have another really soon, if anyone is up for it.

Can you plan one for around July 4th to July 7th? I'll be up for a reunion and I'm bringing my wheel. Just moved down from the Provo area. I've been riding daily since June also. I wish I had known about these while I was in Utah.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:28 AM, Kimosabi said:

Went for my first lone EUC ride. It was fun yet intimidating mainly because I never see anyone else aside from male riders and as Marty mentioned, it’s rare to see other EUCs out in the wild. All rides are fun and positive but sometimes I hear comments like...”cheater, that’s not exercise,” or “you think you’re so cool.” As a lone female EUC rider, I’d say almost all I zoomed past were positive. Would love to hear from other female riders and EUC lone riders in general about their experience(s). Happy riding!

It's easy to remember the negative responses over the positive ones, as with many things in life. If you're getting snark, just remember that you''re happy, and they apparently aren't, haha. EUC's are kindof a nerdy thing by reputation, and I guess it's less likely for the fairer sex to really bother with certain niche things. Keep at it though, I'd love to see more female riders, or just riders in general.

HAY lone is good i am in new zealand and have never seen or passed another wheeler...and thats a great thing as there are many bafoons on electric skateboards out there doing the snake thing ..stay safe and enjoyyyy

On 5/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, Kimosabi said:

... hear comments like...”cheater, that’s not exercise,” or “you think you’re so cool.” ...

Odd, I get universal compliments and thumbs up.  Would be interesting if you rode with a camera strapped to helmet, so you could post on youtube and shame those people. :)

On 5/17/2019 at 11:49 AM, Flyboy10 said:

Can you plan one for around July 4th to July 7th? I'll be up for a reunion and I'm bringing my wheel. Just moved down from the Provo area. I've been riding daily since June also. I wish I had known about these while I was in Utah.

Absolutely!  Let's see if anyone else will be available during these dates.  I'll be here for sure, so count me in.  Let's plan it on the same forum post that we've used in the past.  Here's the link below but make sure to go to the end of the post for the new stuff:

1 hour ago, NylahTay said:

I'm the only female rider where I live. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only EUC rider that rides regularly. I only know of 2 others in town that own a EUC and they both have either a ninebot S1 or S2s.
I get a lot of people who give thumbs up, or yell mostly positive things. I've not really received any negative comments. I have an 18xl so I ride mostly in bike lanes and on the streets now.

i believe @Anthony Edwards and @Jeremy Valentin ride regularly in the Springfield area, and they can't be the 2 others you speak of, as they ride Z10 and MSX, respectively. [edit: disregard, my mistake]

@Kimosabi I've heard of spatterings of female riders, both here in NYC and elsewhere, but don't believe they frequent these forums much unfortunately, as they tend to be more casual riders.

Edited by houseofjob