V10/V10F pedals drooping. How to fix?

UniVehje

Just as another data point, I pulled the pedals on mine and after only 450 miles I'm seeing the indentations on the bearing points mentioned by others above.  No noticeable drooping yet, but I have to assume it's just a matter of time.  I don't ride off-road or jump off curbs or anything else.  Just commute to work on relatively smooth pavement.

This is nonsense. Exactly 2 months later the replacements did the same dam thing. I want my money back and a set of the revised ones. I barely have 2600 miles on my V10F. I Shouldn't have to keep replacing parts this early on.. 

IMG_2779xx.jpg

Edited by tumbla.jr
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, tumbla.jr said:

This is nonsense. Exactly 2 months later the replacements did the same dam thing.

Why am I not surprised... I am rather surprised we do not even see more reports, so far I counted six, IIRC.

I think the Gotway Nikola pedals should fit on the V10 (but double check). That's what I would do from here, even if you won't get them on warranty.

Edited by Mono

2 minutes ago, Mono said:

Why am I not surprised... I am rather surprised we do not even see more reports, so far I counted six, IIRC.

I think the Gotway Nikola pedals should fit on the V10 (but double check). That's what I would do from here, even if you won't get them on warranty.

I'll see if I can get a revised set and go from there.

There is a bit of a delay with the availability of the new V10 pedals, but they are still going to be available soonish. The new pedals are all currently allocated for InMotion's assembly, but we will have the stand alone pedals at  myinmotion.com as soon as they let them out of the factory for us. I'm estimating late Oct now, but could be early Nov. 

This was posted in the EUCO.us forum as an update to the availability of the redesigned pedals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2 Drinks Behind said:

There is a bit of a delay with the availability of the new V10 pedals, but they are still going to be available soonish. The new pedals are all currently allocated for InMotion's assembly, but we will have the stand alone pedals at  myinmotion.com as soon as they let them out of the factory for us. I'm estimating late Oct now, but could be early Nov. 

So will this be a extra cost or will all V10  owners get a set free of charge?

37 minutes ago, davewood1982 said:

So will this be a extra cost or will all V10  owners get a set free of charge?

Myinmotion is an independent distributor, so I don't think they plan on giving them out for free.  That would be Inmotion's call, but I haven't seen any indication they are planning on distributing replacements for free.  I think it would take a lot of people complaining directly to Inmotion for that to happen.

Edited by 2 Drinks Behind
typo

8 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

I wonder if this could be prevented by JB welding a thin rectangle of steel sheet over that entire point of contact, just to help distribute the load a bit better.

That would definitely help with the contact point getting a dent, but it would increase the dihedral angle quite a bit. Also, it wouldn’t help with the whole pedal structure cracking. A similiar support plate on the top of the pedal should help, if one can get it fastened securely enough to hold the sideways forces.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

I wonder if this could be prevented by JB welding a thin rectangle of steel sheet over that entire point of contact, just to help distribute the load a bit better.

I'm wondering if just filling the dented area with JB Weld would work.  It has a compressive strength of 3960 PSI, so seems like that should be plenty.  I assume the aluminum underneath might continue to compress, but you can repeat the operation if necessary.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 11:18 AM, 2 Drinks Behind said:

I'm wondering if just filling the dented area with JB Weld would work.  It has a compressive strength of 3960 PSI, so seems like that should be plenty.  I assume the aluminum underneath might continue to compress, but you can repeat the operation if necessary.

Was just thinking that as well.  Filling in some of the "cells" in the pattern wouldn't hurt much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

Was just thinking that as well.  Filling in some of the "cells" in the pattern wouldn't hurt much.

That would ask for a material which is good under tensile stress rather than compressive stress.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 7:20 PM, tumbla.jr said:

After several emails with inmotion they are unwilling to warranty or replace the original pedals or my second set that cracked 2 months after purchasing them. :angry:

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 1.17.59 PM.png

Amazing argument, warranty is only on vehicles but not on parts. What? Do they mean that seriously or is it just a made up argument? Sad that they will get away with it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - looks like new design pedals are available in the US.

https://reindeer-sapphire-2hwg.squarespace.com/community?p=%2Fpost%2F10247821%3Fpid%3D1309871144%26tagged_userid%3D6903679%26read_status%3D1%26embedded%3D1%26embedCookiesBlocked%3D1

I’m going to order a pair and I’ll let you know my impressions.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So this happened yesterday after a 48 mile ride through Miami. If you have a cracked pedal avoid riding aggressively. I ordered the revised pedals. Let's see if set #3 hold up. 

924D4666-4F1C-4E85-BE9B-10EC1710F93C.jpeg

• Like 1