Bitcoin

Jambo

With the rally btc has been making the last couple of months, I thought i'd find out if anyone else in the community is interested in crypto? It's been a painful couple of years but nice to see a bit of positive movement recently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ugh... I lost thousands investing to that cyber currency. I still own some shares so it might be wise for me to check and see if there was any increase in value. 

@lizardmech and @John Eucist were in the craze a couple of years back, but don't know if they still do it. I own a few shares in a BTC-trading company, but since it's not publicly traded, no idea of what the actual "value" is nowadays, probably less than what I bought them for  :P  They did have a 300% increase in revenue due to the price spiking back then and everyone trying to get their piece, but I haven't followed up

Edited by esaj

I've looked into it every once in a while. I don't like it.

Here's a few points I agree with. I also add how pointless and irresponsible it is to use energy to crunch algorithms.

https://livingstingy.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-five-myths-of-bitcoin.html?m=1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Ugh... I lost thousands investing to that cyber currency. I still own some shares so it might be wise for me to check and see if there was any increase in value. 

It's definitely worth checking what you might have tucked away. Try not to think of it as shares though, bitcoin isn't a company.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I've looked into it every once in a while. I don't like it.

Here's a few points I agree with. I also add how pointless and irresponsible it is to use energy to crunch algorithms.

https://livingstingy.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-five-myths-of-bitcoin.html?m=1

Some ok points in this article but they're the same points that people have been making for the past 10 years unfortunately and as you know it's been substantial growth over this 10 year period. 

Also, there are lots of other "coins" other than btc that are building things on the blockchain with real world uses. 

It is of course early, but I think it's an exciting space to be in

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

It's definitely worth checking what you might have tucked away. Try not to think of it as shares though, bitcoin isn't a company.

I just checked and I have .333 of BTC left. Enough to buy a new wheel I suppose.

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I just checked and I have .333 of BTC left. Enough to buy a new wheel I suppose.

Congrats! A week ago it would have been worth about 2/3 of what it is today too, so that's an extra comeup.

Feel free to do your own research before selling, but the sentiment online at the moment is that we're going to have some substantial growth soon. Might want to hold onto it a little longer

• 1 year later...
Guest harry budwin

I never thought recovery was a real deal until i crossed paths with a very experienced and reliable recovery agent Mrs Angela, i have successfully gotten back my refund.. contact her now ANGELACANUTT @ GMAIL .COM for help concerning your trade loss