King Song 800w iOS app just released

John Eucist

EDIT 4: This thread is a dinosaur and not valid anymore.

Android version apparently still not available.

EDIT: WARNING WARNING WARNING: @Jason McNeil said the following in the comments on the FB group:
Please wait before installing, if I understood Tina correctly, when the Wheel first communicates with the App it will downgrade the Speed to 20kph, then require an Auth code to increase...
EDIT 2: @tinawong confirmed this to be true.
EDIT 3: Chinese National Holiday for a week starting from now so you won't get any "auth codes" until then.

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/kingsong/id1041806921?l=en&mt=8

WARNING:  @Jason McNeil said the following in the comments on the FB group:

Please wait before installing, if I understood Tina correctly, when the Wheel first communicates with the App it will downgrade the Speed to 20kph, then require an Auth code to increase...

EDIT: @tinawong confirmed this to be true.

It's definite improvement, but KS need to put a bit more polish into it. Besides these suggestions & general UI freshening up, are there any other suggestions?  

Written about 10 days ago...  

"Some notes about the current version of the App.

1) Change the max speed on the speedometer from 60 kph to 35kph, otherwise owners will think that their Wheels can go faster
2) 'electricity' should be changed to 'Current'
3) I still think the Amps should be replaced by Watts. All Wheel riders think in Watts & Ninebot/Inmotion use Watts not of Amps for power measurements.
4) The first character of 'voltage' & 'current' should be Upper Case
5) Modify the modes to read: Stunt (hard), Comfort (medium), Relaxed (soft)
6) The gray background & current theme is rather dull & boring
7) My Unicycle should be 'My Wheel'"

WARNING:  @Jason McNeil said the following in the comments on the FB group:

Please wait before installing, if I understood Tina correctly, when the Wheel first communicates with the App it will down

Thanks for the warning @John Eucist and @Jason McNeil. I imagine that would have disappointed a lot of people with iPhones who haven't yet received an auth code!

I'm waiting to hear back from @KaleOsaurusRex regarding the Android App availability. Is it not just published in the Google Play store but available for download elsewhere or did they leapfrog Android Users?

Has anyone heard the status? I should be receiving my wheel today and would like to have the app to set the ride firmness settings. Has Tina mentioned anything on Facebook? (I stubbornly refuse to use an account :rolleyes:)

Last I heard the Android app will be out "after the Chinese National Holiday" which would be October 8.

Nooooooo!

Thanks for the news :)

One other lesser known features about the King Song 14 800C is that it teaches its owners ( @BobbyDee @Casey ) how to exercise their ...patience! :lol: 

I screwed up and downloaded app before I learned that I shouldn't have.  Someone Crome Electricunicyclereviews.com please send me the code. Also, can someone tell me how to get beyond the first screen and why the app doesn't show the bottom of the app.  Thanks in advance for any help. 

KS 14(c) 800 Watt wheel reall rocks.  Got it at two, rode it up and down the office hall a bit to learn front and back balance and getting off of the wheel.  Then, after working on a brief for a bit I  took it home to ride it around my bumpy back yard.  That is where I learned how to get on without a wall.  I have used two bars and I can ride.  I flail arms, my legs hurt and I hit a pile of dog crap, which is my wife's fault because she never scoops.  Awesome!

This is what the app looks like on the IPad.  Even if I make the app smartphone size, I don't get the bottom part of the app that lets me access the controls or other screens.  Please advise me of a fix or, in the alternative, ask King Song to fix this.  I am at the point where the beeping is starting to get annoying.image.thumb.png.eabc48cb16f69b974144ac00

This is what the app looks like on the IPad.  Even if I make the app smartphone size, I don't get the bottom part of the app that lets me access the controls or other screens.  Please advise me of a fix or, in the alternative, ask King Song to fix this.  I am at the point where the beeping is starting to get annoying.image.thumb.png.eabc48cb16f69b974144ac00

Is the cutoff the same when you 1X view on the iPad? Do you maybe get that Bluetooth icon underneath the speaker icon?

FYI, I was holding off on connecting the iOS app w/ my new KS-18 (*love*), but really wanted to re-calibrated, so launched and connected it anyways sans code auth.

In this unauthorized state, it seems as long as you're not trying to adjust the alarm settings, you should be fine, as I was able to hit speeds above 20kph post re-calibration.

However, I just received my code from Tina (thanks!) last night and authorized. Unlocking brought up a prompt to the effect of "Advanced Mode unlocked" and brought me to the Alarm/Tiltback settings page, where the alarm values became I Lvl Alarm = 25kph ; II Lvl Alarm = 30kph; III Lvl Alarm = 35kph

Some notes:

• unlocked, your Settings > Settings page just becomes the same page as Settings > Settings for Speed Limited

• unlocked, "Illegal Device" prompt still shows up when trying to change Running Modes (lower right (Play, Ride, Study); doesn't matter to me, as I prefer the default fast setting, ie. Play Mode)

• unlocked, "Illegal Device" prompt still shows up when clicking on the speaker icon (middle of the page; wonder if this is the overall volume level of the device(?))

IMG_0153.PNG

IMG_0155.PNG

Same cutoff on both sizes.

Have you tried iOS Accesability / Zoom function?

http://ipad.about.com/od/ipad_tricks/ss/How-To-Zoom-In-And-Zoom-Out-On-An-iPad.htm

• 7 months later...

If you do a search on this site ks16 code breaker......and check some answers.......there is a code breaker link which worked first time for me. You get the USB number from within the app linking to the wheel and enter that into the code breaker. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived